• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans post game

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a disaster. I would hate to see what a roster would look like after 5 years under Rivera.
Honestly I feel he may have learned his lesson on Ex Panthers. How many are even out there at this point.

Rivera went 15-1 with a dynamic dual threat QB. If he can get his hands on Bryce or CJ, I think that will be his selling point to Dan and the fans.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I feel he may have learned his lesson on Ex Panthers. How many are even out there at this point.

Rivera went 15-1 with a dynamic dual threat QB. If he can get his hands on Bryce or CJ, I think that will be his selling point to Dan and the fans.
That is possible.

Remember, he was NOT the GM in CAR. He had someone do that for him. Again, this is the area that gets Rivera in his most trouble.

He also had the #6 overall defense in 2015. I think we are a far way off from that. He also had the #1 overall offense that year as well.

Don't you think the game has changed quite a bit since 2015 though? Maybe it's just me but that was before the more pass-attack offenses took root. In 2015, only 1 QB had at least 36 TDs. In 2021, 7 QBs did. I believe defensive schemes have changed as well.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is possible.

Remember, he was NOT the GM in CAR. He had someone do that for him. Again, this is the area that gets Rivera in his most trouble.

He also had the #6 overall defense in 2015. I think we are a far way off from that. He also had the #1 overall offense that year as well.

Don't you think the game has changed quite a bit since 2015 though? Maybe it's just me but that was before the more pass-attack offenses took root. In 2015, only 1 QB had at least 36 TDs. In 2021, 7 QBs did. I believe defensive schemes have changed as well.
Kevin Sheehan has speculated that the game may have passed him by, but he's never called offensive plays, and Jack is running the defense. That's why I never get on him for scheme.

It's the roster construction and in-game decisions that piss me off. Was Hurney in Carolina with him? Not trying to be a smart-ass. Just can't remember.

I'm pretty sure Mayhew drafted Stafford. Between Mayhew and Marty, maybe they can pick the right guy next year. I don't see Dan swooping in and doing what he did with Haskins out of respect for Gibbs.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, just checked. Hurney was the GM when Newton was drafted.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Sheehan has speculated that the game may have passed him by, but he's never called offensive plays, and Jack is running the defense. That's why I never get on him for scheme.

It's the roster construction and in-game decisions that piss me off. Was Hurney in Carolina with him? Not trying to be a smart-ass. Just can't remember.

I'm pretty sure Mayhew drafted Stafford. Between Mayhew and Marty, maybe they can pick the right guy next year. I don't see Dan swooping in and doing what he did with Haskins out of respect for Gibbs.
IMO opinion .... bingo! I don't think it is scheme as much as execution and in game decisions. Some is luck

Why burn a TO on a review when it was clear that was not going to be overturned? As you said with the TO they could have given BRob a shot at a rushing TD or at least their could have been more options. I mentioned yesterday based on what we saw they ran everything at the goal line Tenn was bare rushing. We saw the DT dropping into pass coverage (due duke) maybe Turner could have run something different. Tenn guarded the entire goal line for a short pass. I would have to see a full field view to see if they ran anything wider or deeper and Wentz turned down a better option.

Ron fucks up 2 point decisions like the are not important.

Where was the run game. It should be easier to pass block then run.

Personnel .... sheesh .... when has Washington ever got that right. Oh yeah, when Beathard was here. Gibbs I left for a reason, the talent was depleted. Shelves were empty, He got all he could out of what was here and saw the future. When they have got it right they screw it up. See Cousins, Williams, Scherff and others.

I was not in favor of RR being the hire. Even doubted or hoped Gibbs did not recommend him. The hiring of all the former Panthers was a clear sign that they were not going in the right direction.

Wentz is looking more and more like blunder No. 2. He put up a lot of yards yesterday but not points. He has the ability to make a big play but lacks in making consistent throws. I listened to Paulsen and Hoffman's pregame yesterday and Logan says he is turning down or not seeing the best throws on plays. Additionally the OLine sucks.

Colts came back from 1-4 last year to go 9-8. I don't see that now. It could happen. Next opponent Chicago was down 21-6 before halftime and came back to take the lead 22-21 when Cousins helped lead his third straight 4th quarter comeback. Not picking Washington to win.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reason why Philly got rid of him and Irsay had his meltdown. You do NOT want Wentz with the ball with the game on the line. It is between the ears with him.
Quick question for you. No TOs, ball on two Tenn dropping 8? Thoughts?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim on the OLine ... Washington offered Scherff $15 million, he wanted more.
He counts $19.5 million in 2023 and $21 million in 2024 under his new contract.

Flowers was offered he didn't get one he wanted, going into week 6 he is not playing football.

Last edited:

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO opinion .... bingo! I don't think it is scheme as much as execution and in game decisions. Some is luck

Why burn a TO on a review when it was clear that was not going to be overturned? As you said with the TO they could have given BRob a shot at a rushing TD or at least their could have been more options. I mentioned yesterday based on what we saw they ran everything at the goal line Tenn was bare rushing. We saw the DT dropping into pass coverage (due duke) maybe Turner could have run something different. Tenn guarded the entire goal line for a short pass. I would have to see a full field view to see if they ran anything wider or deeper and Wentz turned down a better option.

Ron fucks up 2 point decisions like the are not important.

Where was the run game. It should be easier to pass block then run.

Personnel .... sheesh .... when has Washington ever got that right. Oh yeah, when Beathard was here. Gibbs I left for a reason, the talent was depleted. Shelves were empty, He got all he could out of what was here and saw the future. When they have got it right they screw it up. See Cousins, Williams, Scherff and others.

I was not in favor of RR being the hire. Even doubted or hoped Gibbs did not recommend him. The hiring of all the former Panthers was a clear sign that they were not going in the right direction.

Wentz is looking more and more like blunder No. 2. He put up a lot of yards yesterday but not points. He has the ability to make a big play but lacks in making consistent throws. I listened to Paulsen and Hoffman's pregame yesterday and Logan says he is turning down or not seeing the best throws on plays. Additionally the OLine sucks.

Colts came back from 1-4 last year to go 9-8. I don't see that now. It could happen. Next opponent Chicago was down 21-6 before halftime and came back to take the lead 22-21 when Cousins helped lead his third straight 4th quarter comeback. Not picking Washington to win.
He threw the challenge flag because he didn't last week. Ron's in his own head now. He's feeling the pressure.

As far as the Ron hire goes, I was for it. Not because I thought he was a great coach. There were other coaches I wanted more but knew we couldn't get. I knew by hiring Ron that would get Dan the wanna be GM out. Dan loves Gibbs and Ron was Gibbs' guy.

So at the very least we got rid of Dan making personnel decisions. That said I was expecting Kyle to stay on board. Cooley has stated many times that Kyle is the Sean McVay of GMs. Just needs a chance.

If I had known Ron was gonna go full "Comanthers" on us I would have felt differently. Still, Dan needed a guy like Ron to be the face of the franchise.

I dont want to go 9-8 unless that gets us in the playoffs. Anything can happen in the playoffs. If we are not going to make the playoffs I hope they end up with a top 3 pick.

Guys like McLaurin and Allen weren't re-singing here pre Rivera. I think he has changed the culture somewhat. Now it's time to win.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhule just got fired in Carolina.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhule just got fired in Carolina.
I am a big fan .... I would have liked him more than RR but it didn't look good in Carolina. I thought the Darnold move was bad. Supposedly he talked quite a bit to Jimmy Johnson.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch us pick him up as OC , LOL

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major choke with the game on the line . 1-4 now and winning 7 games looks like a long shot

Isn’t Ron supposed to win 8 games this year now that they increased the games to 17? He’s supposed to win one game below .500 and make the playoffs.

BTW, I’m NOT making fun of your loss, team, or record, just Rivera’s distinction of getting into the playoffs twice for 7-9 records.