• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Titans FA TE Jonnu Smith to Sign with the Patriots for 4/50

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You follow this stuff much closer than I do, so I always respect your opinion. But I just had to look at Darnold’s stats to see what I am missing: 72.7 Rating last year(78.6 career). 45 career TD’s v. 39 career INT’s. And the league has never been more suited to passing and inflated QB numbers. I’m not falling for it. Darnold is another in a long line of USC QB flops.

I’m just playing devils advocate, I don’t necessarily dis-agree with your take, and there are no stats you will find that endorse him as a good QB

I just could see a team considering his age, the worst offensive weapons in the game, 2 offensive systems in 3 seasons, one Todd Bowles a defensive coach, and Gase who people feel destroys QBs

so I understand the case For, but I lean more towards your opinion from what I’ve seen

another red flag is he’s not very durable so far

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just playing devils advocate, I don’t necessarily dis-agree with your take, and there are no stats you will find that endorse him as a good QB

I just could see a team considering his age, the worst offensive weapons in the game, 2 offensive systems in 3 seasons, one Todd Bowles a defensive coach, and Gase who people feel destroys QBs

so I understand the case For, but I lean more towards your opinion from what I’ve seen

another red flag is he’s not very durable so far
I was confused because someone posted before that a “2nd rounder +++” might get the convo started for Darnold??? I might take a shot on him as a free agent, but would not give up any sort of value for a guy like that. He’s terrible and hurt a lot(but young) is a tough sell for me.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I think your only angle here is that he’s young and a “change of scenery” would do him some good. His on-field performance can only be described as miserable, though. I’d rather go with Cam(insert vomiting sounds).

Your prerogative. I say try them both. You know you aren't winning a SB with Cam there.

Nothing to lose.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confused because someone posted before that a “2nd rounder +++” might get the convo started for Darnold??? I might take a shot on him as a free agent, but would not give up any sort of value for a guy like that. He’s terrible and hurt a lot(but young) is a tough sell for me.

They are talking like a 2nd is a lock. Seems the teams that can’t land a QB in FA are gonna come knocking

Bears, Skins, Niners, get a lotta buzz here
Steelers mentioned (sitting behind Ben a year may be his best path)

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are talking like a 2nd is a lock. Seems the teams that can’t land a QB in FA are gonna come knocking

I’d rather have Josh Rosen.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You follow this stuff much closer than I do, so I always respect your opinion. But I just had to look at Darnold’s stats to see what I am missing: 72.7 Rating last year(78.6 career). 45 career TD’s v. 39 career INT’s. And the league has never been more suited to passing and inflated QB numbers. I’m not falling for it. Darnold is another in a long line of USC QB flops.
I have watched Darnold a bit since I'm a Pats fan.
I thought he had potential.
Games he played in were bad teams with bad game plans.

Very risky for my taste though.....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched Darnold a bit since I'm a Pats fan.
I thought he had potential.
Games he played in were bad teams with bad game plans.

Very risky for my taste though.....
Exactly. That’s a risk you don’t need to take. I’ll never get over the Halloween game against the Pats when Darnold said he was “seeing ghosts”. He’s pretty soft on top of having lousy results. Get me Derek Carr!! Lol.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marriota before Darnold.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Classic Jets. They needed a QB so they take Darnold with the #3 pick. Meanwhile, Josh Allen goes a few picks later and Lamar Jackson goes later in the first round. It’s amazing. If there’s a decision to be made, you can bet the Jets will make the wrong one.

Meanwhile, if they can recover a 2nd round pick for him, they should seize on that immediately. The quest to replace Chad Pennington marches onward!

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody else think that the Atlanta massage parlor shootings are really a Robert Kraft coverup of some sort?

832901B3-E436-4269-94B3-C917EE97C0E1.gif

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. The QB is Cam, it’s obvious. Super Cam reloaded with weapons and time to prepare. Give it some time.
For 1-2 years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably better than Stidham? And if I recall correctly, they were pretty high on Rosen before that draft????
Choose amongst hundreds of rumors?????

This year the Patriots are high on every veteran and every QB in the draft......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choose amongst hundreds of rumors?????

This year the Patriots are high on every veteran and every QB in the draft......
Definitely. But pretty sure they were said to like Rosen a lot at the time. Who knows if that is accurate. You certainly don’t seem to think so.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They spent almost $100M on receiving threats and now have WR corp of Nelson Agalor, Kendrick Bourne and Jonnu Smith. With Cam Newton throwing to them.

That just screams bottom 8 passing offense. Hasn’t been a more obvious mistake since they traded a 2nd for Sanu.

Belichick is a HOF coach. A football genius.

....but he can’t evaluate WR talent to save his life.

And no one tell me that I spelled Nelson’s name wrong. As Phili fans will attest, it wont be long until he drops the H.
Your evaluation is bottom 8. This is a much better receiving corps as opposed to last year or many years past. The names don't make them elite. But the system can, Cam dependent.
Don't forget they still have Edellman until he ends up a Buc, Meyers and Lee.
Also these signings are team friendly.
Overall one of the best FA periods by BB and he may not be done yet.
got to love an old message board:suds:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking shit earlier this week about how Smith is not worth what Atl just paid for him.

.....and then my Vikes went out and locked up a blocking TE to a $7M AAV.

Message board karma.
Nods in "Runningbacks Don't Matter" as a Chiefs fan.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking shit earlier this week about how Smith is not worth what Atl just paid for him.

.....and then my Vikes went out and locked up a blocking TE to a $7M AAV.

Message board karma.

The atl coach is the one who dragged a good year out of smith

Most likely place for him to be worth that