• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tip my cap...........

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the Lions defense. The offense didn't have any rhythm all game, but the defense stepped up and shut down a GB offense with all their pieces healthy, while Detroit was playing with CB's and Safeties picked up off the practice squad and off the street.

VERY IMPRESSIVE.

really sucks to see Tulloch go down. I truly hope he didn't pull a grammatica and tear his ACL. Him and Levy have been playing really good for the Lions.

props to Slay -- he has really turned a corner this year and has looked solid for the Detroit. if the Offense ever picks it up -- Detroit is going to be an extremely tough team to beat.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole board owes Nick Fairley an apology. And no more "only at the right price" bullshit with Suh. Those 2 beasts are the face of this franchise for the next 5 years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole board owes Nick Fairley an apology. And no more "only at the right price" bullshit with Suh. Those 2 beasts are the face of this franchise for the next 5 years.

Suh yes...

Fairley I do not have to do shit. he got benched from the coaches and so it was not just us who saw it.

He was fat and lazy and if you choose to over look that, no way to debate with you.

Suh is the defensive face for sure. Just not worth 17 million

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all make bad decisions at times.

After all Slay looking pretty decent these days.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the Lions defense. The offense didn't have any rhythm all game, but the defense stepped up and shut down a GB offense with all their pieces healthy, while Detroit was playing with CB's and Safeties picked up off the practice squad and off the street.

VERY IMPRESSIVE.

really sucks to see Tulloch go down. I truly hope he didn't pull a grammatica and tear his ACL. Him and Levy have been playing really good for the Lions.

props to Slay -- he has really turned a corner this year and has looked solid for the Detroit. if the Offense ever picks it up -- Detroit is going to be an extremely tough team to beat.

Somebody said there was a Smitty sighting suiting up. Not sure, may need a link to prove it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is the defensive face for sure. Just not worth 17 million

Exactly -- I would love to have Suh be a Lion for life, but no way should he be paid like JJ Watt. That is just too much for any DT.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly -- I would love to have Suh be a Lion for life, but no way should he be paid like JJ Watt. That is just too much for any DT.

I understand the argument some make that he creates stats for others and he don't have JJ stats. He does, just do not feel that money is deserved for what he brings to table. Other top 3 DTs get double teamed also and out produce Suh stat wise.

he is a top 3 DT without a doubt. However top3 DT do not take you to the promise land.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to knock these guys, but haven't they been on the team the last 4 years together? Now after a game where the defense played tremendous -- they are the face of the franchise? Suh -- I can agree with, but not as the highest paid defensive player. Fairley -- it depends on how much he wants. He has had issues with his weight, issues with injuries, off the field issues. That isn't the face of a franchise.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other top 3 DTs get double teamed also and out produce Suh stat wise.

That is what I've been saying all along. If he were dominating the stats at the DT position, while being double teamed and was one of the best DT against the run -- I'd have no problem with Detroit breaking the bank.

Suh, as Gandy stated, is a top 3 DT with McCoy and Atkins, but you can argue any of the three as the best DT. If McCoy continues to get after the QB like he did last year -- it won't be close who the best DT is, as McCoy is at the top for DT against the run.

I hope we get Suh back, but I honestly believe he was going to test the FA market all along, as he wants his ego stroked by having teams bring him in and tell him how great he is.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to knock these guys, but haven't they been on the team the last 4 years together? Now after a game where the defense played tremendous -- they are the face of the franchise? Suh -- I can agree with, but not as the highest paid defensive player. Fairley -- it depends on how much he wants. He has had issues with his weight, issues with injuries, off the field issues. That isn't the face of a franchise.

This does not sound like sorry to me. :lol:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I've been saying all along. If he were dominating the stats at the DT position, while being double teamed and was one of the best DT against the run -- I'd have no problem with Detroit breaking the bank.

Suh, as Gandy stated, is a top 3 DT with McCoy and Atkins, but you can argue any of the three as the best DT. If McCoy continues to get after the QB like he did last year -- it won't be close who the best DT is, as McCoy is at the top for DT against the run.

I hope we get Suh back, but I honestly believe he was going to test the FA market all along, as he wants his ego stroked by having teams bring him in and tell him how great he is.

Again back to back great posts with no apologies.

I can not argue with great reasoning from you mike. I am SORRY, but I just can't do it.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sign either for long term contracts.....They are both in a contract year and only working hard this year to cut a contract.....Let them play there ass off for us this year then let them walk and save money and sign other players to a 1 year contract year...Funny how those guys play hard when they work for there money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh yes...

Fairley I do not have to do shit. he got benched from the coaches and so it was not just us who saw it.

He was fat and lazy and if you choose to over look that, no way to debate with you.

He was always awesome on the field. The Lions are lucky he's playing at a high level after the insane weight reductions/gains they asked of him in the off season. Now lock him up before he becomes someone elses gain.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sign either for long term contracts....

Ha! These two are almost the whole team right now. Without the D line led by Suh and Fairley, we score 7 points for the 2nd week in a row. You want to trade them in for another Broyles who never suits up, and another Ebron who looks like a wasted top 10 pick?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh, as Gandy stated, is a top 3 DT with McCoy and Atkins,

Please stop comparing Suh to these two injured bitches. Neither is even close to being on the same planet as Suh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, not now. Always. Last year, this year, next year. I'm apparently only one of few who notices. Sure as hell ain't anyone on our offense.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop comparing Suh to these two injured bitches. Neither is even close to being on the same planet as Suh.

I think you are drinking the kool aid on the Lions defensive line, especially with Fairley. As you know, I love Suh, but not sure how you believe he is on a different planet than either of those guys.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation though, on what makes Suh so much better

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are drinking the kool aid on the Lions defensive line, especially with Fairley. As you know, I love Suh, but not sure how you believe he is on a different planet than either of those guys.

I'd be interested to hear your explanation though, on what makes Suh so much better

As gandy already pointed out, anyone could make a case for any one of the three. I agree with that. Suh deserves about what they make. Damn sure not double.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not now. Always. Last year, this year, next year. I'm apparently only one of few who notices. Sure as hell ain't anyone on our offense.

So Fairley was the face of our franchise when he has yet to play a full season, has been arrested twice since the Lions drafted him, was actually demoted to 2nd string because of his weight and has been so inconsistent -- the Lions didn't pick up his cheap 5th year option.

Suh -- i can agree with. Fairley plays only when he feels like it. And unfortunately for the Lions -- the face of our defense would rather hit the FA market than sign an extension with us.