• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tinsley article.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the injuries and poor play in 1/2 of those years ruined his stint in injury more than the off-court issues. Because even though I hadn't played as close attention to those incidents as maybe a Pacers fan would have, I knew that Tinsley didn't really do anything wrong in those.

But from following his career from afar, it just seemed like he was injured too often, and then struggled playing when he would come back, some of those times.

It was hard for the franchise to feel like a contender when one player was hurt too often. So they finally moved him.

This was the opposite of Terrell Brandon IMO. In the early 2000s, Minnesota had Terrell Brandon, and Billups backing him up. Brandon was better, but was hurt all the time. Whenever Billups played as a starter, he played well.

Brandon was hurt again for 2001-2002, playing in 32, while Billups played in 82. Even though Minnesota got swept 3-0 by Dallas in the 2002 playoffs, with Brandon hurt, KG hand Billups had amazing lines. KG had 24 points, 18.7 rebounds, 5.0 assists, 1.7 steals, and 1.7 blocks. (Dirk was good too on the other end). Billups averaged 22 points, 5.7 assists. Billups was then a FA in 2002. I thought Minnesota should have kept him, as Billups had proved to be healthier, and played well, especially in the playoffs. But Minnesota still wanted a healthy Brandon starting. So they let Billups leave in FA, to Detroit where he signed for a starting salary of $4.5M. Big mistake.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be interesting to see how it turns out but he set the Pacers back by years.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jamal. It will be interesting to see how Jamal's style of play on an extended timeline effects the starting lineup. Jazz have to figure out what their core is and then establish a PG. I don't think Mo is a good fit with Al.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sackataters. :)

I want to see what Tinsley can do if starting for a while.