• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time to end the Brian Mitchell snub!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ahead of the next induction into the pro football hall of fame, fans of this team should begin and sign a petition insisting that BMitch be among the honorees at that ceremony. In the history of the NFL the top 6 career all purpose yard leaders in order are, Jerry Rice, Brian Mitchell, Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Tim Brown, and Marshall Faulk. Only 230 yards separate Mitchell and the all time leader Rice but all but one of these guys is in the hall, the exception being........well, you know!

OK Sty, where do we begin this effort? Well, it's been said that pictures speak louder than words. So how do we respond when charged with being guilty of the same transgression that we charge the voters for enshrinement of in snubbng one our own who happens to be one of te NFL's all time greats?
My answer? Take a look at our banner on this forum, then ask yourself, who's missing?

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK Sty, where do we begin this effort? Well, it's been said that pictures speak louder than words. So how do we respond when charged with being guilty of the same transgression that we charge the voters for enshrinement of in snubbng one our own who happens to be one of te NFL's all time greats?
My answer? Take a look at our banner on this forum, then ask yourself, who's missing?

I'm sorry but this paragraph is just pure silliness...

I love me some B-Mitch...and would love for him to get in the Hall...if there was a petition...I'd sign it...maybe you should start one...you know...since you care so much. Post a link to it when it's up.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not changing the banner to add b-mitch however you would have to e-mail the voters to start the conversation

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not changing the banner to add b-mitch however you would have to e-mail the voters to start the conversation

Honestly - who would you replace on this banner? You can't just add more players since the whole thing will get too busy & messy looking. I really don't have feelings one way or the other for Baugh, but he is one of the all time greats. The other six people on the banner are definitely ahead of Mitchell IMO. In any case - this banner will have zero effect on Mitchell being in the HOF.

Beyond that - it is very difficult to be in the HOF due to the competition. There are some unreal players that are still waiting their turn. I won't lose any sleep over Mitchell not being in the HOF & the more he opens his mouth the less concerned I am about the issue.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ahead of the next induction into the pro football hall of fame, fans of this team should begin and sign a petition insisting that BMitch be among the honorees at that ceremony. In the history of the NFL the top 6 career all purpose yard leaders in order are, Jerry Rice, Brian Mitchell, Walter Payton, Emmit Smith, Tim Brown, and Marshall Faulk. Only 230 yards separate Mitchell and the all time leader Rice but all but one of these guys is in the hall, the exception being........well, you know!

The first snub was when that jackass Cerrato cut him in favor of Deion Sanders.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first snub was when that jackass Cerrato cut him in favor of Deion Sanders.

What a horrible memory. On that team the Skins had perhaps two of the most self centered players to ever play in the NFL - Deion & Bruce Smith. Both are HOFers & were considered to be perhaps one of or the best of all time at their positions. Both were also on the downside of their career & both pretty much only cared about themselves. I know they both were great, but I can't stand either one of them.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible memory. On that team the Skins had perhaps two of the most self centered players to ever play in the NFL - Deion & Bruce Smith. Both are HOFers & were considered to be perhaps one of or the best of all time at their positions. Both were also on the downside of their career & both pretty much only cared about themselves. I know they both were great, but I can stand either one of them.

Remember when Bruce coined the name "50-50" for Rod Gardner? What a jackass.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly - who would you replace on this banner? You can't just add more players since the whole thing will get too busy & messy looking. I really don't have feelings one way or the other for Baugh, but he is one of the all time greats. The other six people on the banner are definitely ahead of Mitchell IMO. In any case - this banner will have zero effect on Mitchell being in the HOF.

Beyond that - it is very difficult to be in the HOF due to the competition. There are some unreal players that are still waiting their turn. I won't lose any sleep over Mitchell not being in the HOF & the more he opens his mouth the less concerned I am about the issue.

Honestly, the one player who made the banner because of sentimentality. All of the others are HOF'ers except #21.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't expect nor have I entertained the notion that the banner would or should be changed, just pointing out that the banner is stocked full of HOF'ers with one exception and rather than filling that spot with an all time great, sentimentality beat out accomplishment.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if it werent for taylor being on the banner then charlie taylor and/or bobby mitchell would be there

as for his HOF case he takes a ding because he was mostly a returner and not a starter however he has an extremely strong case in my opinion

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Brian Mitchell be in the Hall of Fame?

Well - this guy makes a strong case for Mitchell. I guess that you have to also factor in that this is somewhat of a beauty contest & as the years go by people will forget more & more about Mitchell. Doesn't make it fair - it is just reality. Maybe he will somehow get in down the road.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think B-Mitch will get in there eventually but a lot has to happen first.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the one player who made the banner because of sentimentality. All of the others are HOF'ers except #21.

I would disagree with that. Although Taylor's time with the team (& on earth) was short I really can't think of many players who made as big of an impact & I am not simply referring to his impact after he died.

To me he represents the Redskins perhaps as well as anyone in my memory. He brought out the best in himself & his teammates & was part of a pretty solid defense. You certainly felt that he was perhaps the best at his position & proved it by leading the NFL in INTs just before he died.

This was no Rudy or Rocky Blier type of story. This guy was a solid player & I am pretty convinced - barring injury - that he would have been in the HOF. I would not place Mitchell or anyone not currently on that banner in front of Taylor.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if it werent for taylor being on the banner then charlie taylor and/or bobby mitchell would be there

as for his HOF case he takes a ding because he was mostly a returner and not a starter however he has an extremely strong case in my opinion

I assume that Zorn & Haynesworth were close behind in consideration for being on that banner.... :D

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres the link to the petition you started? I thought you would have posted it by now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wheres the link to the petition you started? I thought you would have posted it by now.
you need to find out the writers who vote on this and go from there

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eric metcalf isnt in, neither is mitchell.

and thats the way it should be.