• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time is running out

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season starts in a little over two weeks. Ro McClain is skipping practice today and had to leave yesterday's practice for cramping issues. We played SAt night and were off SUnday and MOnday. Practiced yesterday and ROmo is taking today off. Precautionary maybe? I really thought he would have said fuck it by now, especially after the fumble. Starting to wonder if he will be questionable every week. Call it pessimism if you like, but then ask yourself if you really thought he would miss as much practice as he has. As far as McClain, he has to get in shape.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think MCClain is ready to go then

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think MCClain is ready to go then

I did not say that...jerry wants him in there is all I said

you worry about everything and make a mountain outta a mole hill and I'll watch the season unfold.
That's not meant as a slight, that's just what it's been with you the last few seasons.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Romo last week I thinks it's all precaution. I was a little worried too but I think he is good to go.

I'll give you all my predictions in 1 shot:

Romo has a very good season
Dez really breaks out
Dallas is the clear leader of the division
Eli gets benched before the 2nd half of the season
Foles will regress just a little.
RG3 will be average and will most likely miss some games due to a self inflicted injury due to still not sliding. (like he did the other night)

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing Romo last week I thinks it's all precaution. I was a little worried too but I think he is good to go.

I'll give you all my predictions in 1 shot:

Romo has a very good season
Dez really breaks out
Dallas is the clear leader of the division
Eli gets benched before the 2nd half of the season
Foles will regress just a little.
RG3 will be average and will most likely miss some games due to a self inflicted injury due to still not sliding. (like he did the other night)
I agree that Eli wont do well this season, but being benched? Now that is a prediction! (who would they replace him with?)

All the rest seem pretty likely.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like this- the pessimism card has never worked well with you. You seem to be fine with next man up mantra and in truth that's all we really can hold onto. I've seen how that plays out. I know we brought a guy in mid week last week and now he is getting first team snaps after a nice 4 th quarter week 2 of preseason. When we made a point in the off season to get 15 to 17 bodies to fight for 4 spots, I really thought the mid week shit was over. I applaud JJ for going out and bringing in the Okoyes and MCCLains, but to basically say just show up and it's your job is crazy. We are 17 to 18 days away and I'm not sure we know 5 positions that are set on defense for week 1. I'm just not sold on that being a good thing.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like this- the pessimism card has never worked well with you. You seem to be fine with next man up mantra and in truth that's all we really can hold onto. I've seen how that plays out. I know we brought a guy in mid week last week and now he is getting first team snaps after a nice 4 th quarter week 2 of preseason. When we made a point in the off season to get 15 to 17 bodies to fight for 4 spots, I really thought the mid week shit was over. I applaud JJ for going out and bringing in the Okoyes and MCCLains, but to basically say just show up and it's your job is crazy. We are 17 to 18 days away and I'm not sure we know 5 positions that are set on defense for week 1. I'm just not sold on that being a good thing.
I dont think anyone is expecting this defense to be good.
The key is will they improve?

Maybe your pessimism is from your expectations being higher than the reality can give. :noidea:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anyone is expecting this defense to be good.
The key is will they improve?

Maybe your pessimism is from your expectations being higher than the reality can give. :noidea:

Probably so. I set the bar each year to make the Super Bowl. Now in the late 80s, early 2000s I knew we were going to be bad. Maybe that's the Qb play that I knew was going to happen.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish they were playing a better team this week than Miami to get a better read of the defense.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Truth?.......that's pro football
Find me one Dallas team this didn't apply to in some degree.

last year is just that and preseason games don't say much unless you're texas heater, but he isn't a fan of Dallas. He just lives in Plano and has an informed opinion cause he catches the local coverage

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
opinions vary but it's the agenda's that drive me up a wall

when there is actual football with game plans and the objective is to win the game then you boys will have something to complain about...and it heaters case...rant about

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish they were playing a better team this week than Miami to get a better read of the defense.

what?

Dallas is the worst....remember. Everyone should have a field day against this defense in Dallas.
just yesterday you said Washington's defense was much better than Dallas's and just one day after my bet with shark.

Coincidence or agenda?

best part for you......you might learn some football along with being VP of the social club

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

Dallas is the worst....remember. Everyone should have a field day against this defense in Dallas.
just yesterday you said Washington's defense was much better than Dallas's and just one day after my bet with shark.

Coincidence or agenda?

best part for you......you might learn some football along with being VP of the social club

best part for you is maybe someday you might become something other than a douchebag.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a solid 8-8 year with the potential to be better.. possibly 10-6 and make the playoffs.. heres my reasoning...

1. Romo isn't Romo.. he cant do the running around he is use to .. he has to be come a pocket passer.. well more of a ... if he runs around.. he risks agrivating the back.. but I don't think he has the game to stay in the pocket

2. Running Game.. should be improved this year should they stay healthy.. but a running game will not keep them in the track meet they will need to be in.. face it the D is hurting bad..

3. injuries... the injury bug has hit the cowboys hard and fast already and the regual season hasn't even come yet... the CB are afraid of contact almost as much as dion sanders was.. Mo is a glass house and fractures under the slightest contact... I think one of the worst reaches the boy shave made in a while..

my prediction... they hit 8-8 again... Romo sits the last few weeks of the season .. BigRed is gone and the go after Gruden who will love to play his brother twice a season and show him how a real coach does things..

if you disagree with my assesments.. please let me know how I am wrong... I might be a Pats fan, but lived in and near dallas over half my life..

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a solid 8-8 year with the potential to be better.. possibly 10-6 and make the playoffs.. heres my reasoning...

1. Romo isn't Romo.. he cant do the running around he is use to .. he has to be come a pocket passer.. well more of a ... if he runs around.. he risks agrivating the back.. but I don't think he has the game to stay in the pocket

2. Running Game.. should be improved this year should they stay healthy.. but a running game will not keep them in the track meet they will need to be in.. face it the D is hurting bad..

3. injuries... the injury bug has hit the cowboys hard and fast already and the regual season hasn't even come yet... the CB are afraid of contact almost as much as dion sanders was.. Mo is a glass house and fractures under the slightest contact... I think one of the worst reaches the boy shave made in a while..

my prediction... they hit 8-8 again... Romo sits the last few weeks of the season .. BigRed is gone and the go after Gruden who will love to play his brother twice a season and show him how a real coach does things..

if you disagree with my assesments.. please let me know how I am wrong... I might be a Pats fan, but lived in and near dallas over half my life..

your opinion as to what Dallas will be is as good as the next guys. Hard to see this team any less a playoff contender than the other NFC eastern teams remains my point...which seems to be your thought here. I don't think Dallas has any more issues fielding a defense than the other NFC eastern teams.

maybe it's me, but I don't understand a "fan" of a team that does nothing but talk down the defense as the worst in football after a couple of preseason games and then say's he wishes they played a better offense in preseason game 3. It's as if he's preparing for one decent game and putting an early asterisk to hedge his bets if they have that half way decent game.........and it's preseason no less

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Eli wont do well this season, but being benched? Now that is a prediction! (who would they replace him with?)

All the rest seem pretty likely.

Manning is one of the most overrated players in professional sports but I think this new short passing offense will help him. The offense has looked bad this pre-season but it's hard to miss 5 yard passes.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I AGREE WITH YOU.. THERE ARE HEAVY FLAWS WITH ALL THE TEAMS IN THE NFC EAST.. WILL HORSEFACE REINSERT THE HORSESHOE AND GET LUCKY AGAIN.. HOW LONG WITH THE D LINE HOLD UP... THE SKINS... WILL ONLY GO AS FAR AS RG3S LEGS WILL CARRY HIM.. THOUGH THEY DID GIVE HIM MORE WEAPONS IN THE WR TO TRY TO KEEP HIM GROUNDED..
I STILL THINK THE EAGLES ARE THE TOP IN THE DIVISION.. BUT THATS AS LONG A FOLK DOESNT REGRESS WHICH HE IS CAPABLE OF DOING.. I THINK THEY WILL SCORE A TON OF POINTS, BUT HOW WILL THE FACE PACE THEY REALLY WANT AFFECT THE TEAM AFTER WEEK 10-12.. NOT TALKING BAD ABOUT THE TEAM.. JUS TTHAT THEY HAVE A LOT TO OVERCOME.. I STILL BLAME JERRY JONES..