• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Time is running out

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a solid 8-8 year with the potential to be better.. possibly 10-6 and make the playoffs.. heres my reasoning...

1. Romo isn't Romo.. he cant do the running around he is use to .. he has to be come a pocket passer.. well more of a ... if he runs around.. he risks agrivating the back.. but I don't think he has the game to stay in the pocket

2. Running Game.. should be improved this year should they stay healthy.. but a running game will not keep them in the track meet they will need to be in.. face it the D is hurting bad..

3. injuries... the injury bug has hit the cowboys hard and fast already and the regual season hasn't even come yet... the CB are afraid of contact almost as much as dion sanders was.. Mo is a glass house and fractures under the slightest contact... I think one of the worst reaches the boy shave made in a while..

my prediction... they hit 8-8 again... Romo sits the last few weeks of the season .. BigRed is gone and the go after Gruden who will love to play his brother twice a season and show him how a real coach does things..

if you disagree with my assesments.. please let me know how I am wrong... I might be a Pats fan, but lived in and near dallas over half my life..

His o-line has looked pretty good so far, so I don't think he'll need to do the running around he once did. The much improved o-line should also help the running game tremendously this season. Their biggest asset is playing in the NFC East though. I could see their offense winning them (or their defense blowing all but) 4 or 5 games, tops, anywhere else. With no clear cut favorite they have a legitimate shot to make the post season with a 9-7 season or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

Dallas is the worst....remember. Everyone should have a field day against this defense in Dallas.
just yesterday you said Washington's defense was much better than Dallas's and just one day after my bet with shark.

Coincidence or agenda?

best part for you......you might learn some football along with being VP of the social club

I don't get it.

Are you implying that their defense isn't the worst or at least very close to it?

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His o-line has looked pretty good so far, so I don't think he'll need to do the running around he once did. The much improved o-line should also help the running game tremendously this season. Their biggest asset is playing in the NFC East though. I could see their offense winning them (or their defense blowing all but) 4 or 5 games, tops, anywhere else. With no clear cut favorite they have a legitimate shot to make the post season with a 9-7 season or so.

MY MAIN CONCERN WITH THE RUNNING GAME IS THIS... YES A LOT BETTER LINE.. BUT WITH THEM LEANING ON THE RUN A BIT MORE.. HOW IS THE DURABILITY OF MURRAY AND COMPANY.. THE TALENT LEVEL AFTER MURRY REALLY DROPS OFF.. AS FOR CONSISTANCY.. I THINK IT WILL BE IMPROVED.. BUT IF THEY GET IN A TRACK MEET THEY MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE..

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MY MAIN CONCERN WITH THE RUNNING GAME IS THIS... YES A LOT BETTER LINE.. BUT WITH THEM LEANING ON THE RUN A BIT MORE.. HOW IS THE DURABILITY OF MURRAY AND COMPANY.. THE TALENT LEVEL AFTER MURRY REALLY DROPS OFF.. AS FOR CONSISTANCY.. I THINK IT WILL BE IMPROVED.. BUT IF THEY GET IN A TRACK MEET THEY MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE..

Murray definitely has some durability issues but I don't know how much that will factor into team wins and losses. Overall, I think he's poised for a real break out year. Their improved o-line should really open up things for him better and he has the physical talent, if he can stay healthy.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray definitely has some durability issues but I don't know how much that will factor into team wins and losses. Overall, I think he's poised for a real break out year. Their improved o-line should really open up things for him better and he has the physical talent, if he can stay healthy.

HOPE SO.. IM A FAN OF BIGRED, AND ID LIKE TO SEE THE BOYS GET OUT OF THE 8-8 RUT.. I JUST DONT THINK THEY WILL HAVE ALL THE TOOLS TO SUCCEED TILL JONES STEPS DOWN AND GETS A REAL GM TO WORK WITH THE TEAM OR A HEAD COACH LIKE GURDEN THAT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR IT ALL LIKE JIMMY WAS IN THE 90'S

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

Are you implying that their defense isn't the worst or at least very close to it?

last year/ YES

This year....to be determined, but yes, I'm saying they won't be the worst in football again.
I'm on record saying there aren't many quality defenses and I think Dallas fits at low to mid twenties in rankings this season. I'm not an opinion based on an opinions

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was pretty telling and the numbers told the right story IMO. In saying that , numbers can be skewed by a lot of factors. Hopefully we get the right mix down for success

Backroads

The One Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what?

Dallas is the worst....remember. Everyone should have a field day against this defense in Dallas.
just yesterday you said Washington's defense was much better than Dallas's and just one day after my bet with shark.

Coincidence or agenda?

best part for you......you might learn some football along with being VP of the social club
Come on guy....that was a valid post. Maybe, just MAYbe, Dallas did something with the D, especially with the new coach, and it would be good to see them against a better club.

No sense getting all personal over this one...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,098.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McClain was a pretty shrewd signing. The guy might be a headcase, but he also has some potential if he's finally ready to achieve his potential. And they signed him for peanuts so it's not like they paid him a lot of $. Very low risk signing imo since he's still just 25 years old.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far i like what linehan has been doing. We have a great ol and a plethora of talent at the skill positions. The east is weak right now. Maybe the defense comes together by midseason? I think 5 to 10 wins if the offense remains healthy and garret is not calling the plays. Can wilcox become the playmaker we need on defense? He hits like a tank

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is one of the most overrated players in professional sports but I think this new short passing offense will help him. The offense has looked bad this pre-season but it's hard to miss 5 yard passes.

so you haven't seen McNabb throw into the flats before huh? :lol:

BTW I fully agree that Eli is one of the most overrated players in football.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say a solid 8-8 year with the potential to be better.. possibly 10-6 and make the playoffs.. heres my reasoning...

1. Romo isn't Romo.. he cant do the running around he is use to .. he has to be come a pocket passer.. well more of a ... if he runs around.. he risks agrivating the back.. but I don't think he has the game to stay in the pocket

2. Running Game.. should be improved this year should they stay healthy.. but a running game will not keep them in the track meet they will need to be in.. face it the D is hurting bad..

3. injuries... the injury bug has hit the cowboys hard and fast already and the regual season hasn't even come yet... the CB are afraid of contact almost as much as dion sanders was.. Mo is a glass house and fractures under the slightest contact... I think one of the worst reaches the boy shave made in a while..

my prediction... they hit 8-8 again... Romo sits the last few weeks of the season .. BigRed is gone and the go after Gruden who will love to play his brother twice a season and show him how a real coach does things..

if you disagree with my assesments.. please let me know how I am wrong... I might be a Pats fan, but lived in and near dallas over half my life..

OK, I'll play
1) I think you are making that up. I don't think there kis anything behind that at all. His back may give him problems being hit, but not moving around in the pocket. Im more worried about him getting happy feet and not staying in the pocket. He doesn't run with the ball ever any more, so I don't think that point is valid at all.

2) agree the running game should be improved. Running game was good last year when they ran. Murray had one of the better YPC averages in the league. Line should be better. Hopefully Murray stays healthy. Your point on a track meet is just off base IMO. They need to run the ball and shorten the game and take pressure off the defense. I don't get that point.

3) injuries have been brutal the last two years. Law of averages says they get better, but clearly there is a problem here. Don't know what it is, but we need to figure something out. Don't get the point on CBs being afraid of contact. Where did you get that from? All three corners are better when being physical and have suffered in the zone defense. All three comeup in run support. Don't get the point.

8-8 is the easy pick after the last few years. I'll stick with playing for the playoffs in week 17 again. Just sounds better even though its really been the same thing...

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it.

I'll go on record and predict they won't be the worst. Close to it? Who knows, but there is a decent chance. The NFL awards a win to the team that scores the most points, not the team that gets the most yards. So there were 6 teams worse last year and I expect even more to be worse this year...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Eli wont do well this season, but being benched? Now that is a prediction! (who would they replace him with?)

All the rest seem pretty likely.

I'm in NY and have seen my share of Eli. And I always liked Eli, regardless of how many times I have to watch him throw that standard 12-18 yard 3rd down completion pass against the Cowboys.

But what happened to him last year just didn't seem like the "just a bad year" to me. It's one thing to have a big Int year but to only have 18 TD's? as well?

Honestly, I see a guy who is not sure he wants to play football anymore. And if you think about it,what is there left to play for? It's almost as if he gets less credit when he wins a SB while every time his brother loses a SB his legends grows.

Now that may or may not be justified but that is kinda the way it is. We shall see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you are from NY you know the Giants OL was absolutely horrible. You also know that they couldn't run the ball all year and went through multiple RBs with little success. Lastly you know Nicks was hurt and their TE play was horrible and Cruz was bracketed all year after holding out in the offseason and coming in late and with little time to get his timng with Eli down. I think saying Eli doesn't want to play Football is way off base. I don't know what you could possibly base that on.

I do agree if you are saying his best years are behind him, but I think he can still a good NFL QB. I am skeptical their OL will be any good this year either. I know they have a bunch of new starters, but I'm not sure they are actually good players. I think their young WRs will step up and I think their running game will be a little better. Like us and every other NFC East team, the Giants have their question marks and it's why I refuse to believe we don't have a chance to win the division.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you are from NY you know the Giants OL was absolutely horrible. You also know that they couldn't run the ball all year and went through multiple RBs with little success. Lastly you know Nicks was hurt and their TE play was horrible and Cruz was bracketed all year after holding out in the offseason and coming in late and with little time to get his timng with Eli down. I think saying Eli doesn't want to play Football is way off base. I don't know what you could possibly base that on.

I do agree if you are saying his best years are behind him, but I think he can still a good NFL QB. I am skeptical their OL will be any good this year either. I know they have a bunch of new starters, but I'm not sure they are actually good players. I think their young WRs will step up and I think their running game will be a little better. Like us and every other NFC East team, the Giants have their question marks and it's why I refuse to believe we don't have a chance to win the division.

Your right, which is why I never went as far as to say that. But I do think he is starting to lose his passion to play. And i did make mention on some of what I based my comments on.

He was under a lot of pressure last and even with the problems with the offense ... It just did not explain everything to me. It's just a gut feeling I get when I watch him play.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, which is why I never went as far as to say that. But I do think he is starting to lose his passion to play. And i did make mention on some of what I based my comments on.

He was under a lot of pressure last and even with the problems with the offense ... It just did not explain everything to me. It's just a gut feeling I get when I watch him play.

To me, Eli is pretty easy to figure out, when they had an awesome defense, his mistakes didn't kill them and his big plays were enough to get it done. Without the great D(or running game), his mistakes are compounded by having to force the issue.....kind of like our local QB

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me, Eli is pretty easy to figure out, when they had an awesome defense, his mistakes didn't kill them and his big plays were enough to get it done. Without the great D(or running game), his mistakes are compounded by having to force the issue.....kind of like our local QB, only I think Romo is a better player, 2 rings for Eli or not