• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Lincecum is back working with his Dad again

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news to see Tim go back to his Dad and patch things up. Great interview on KNBR.com which should be up later where Murph , Mac, and Pecon got Chris Lincecum to come on the show this morning. Chris said he and Tim worked 49 times together starting in Seattle on Dec. 30th this off season. I like how Chris is a straight shooter.Chris said Tim looked good and had it cook N good.

Chris is very intelligent and you can see how much he cares about Tim to work out his mound problems. I think it's cool they got it going again and the interview should be up on that Murph and Mac page later today.

I am picking Tim to be comeback player of the year and he might win the Willie Mac Award if it all comes back strong.

Good Mojo having father and son back together. Right On.

Go Tim!!

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Last edited:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news to see Tim go back to his Dad and patch things up. Great interview on KNBR.com which should be up later where Murph , Mac, and Pecon got Chris Lincecum to come on the show this morning. Chris said he and Tim worked 49 times together starting in Seattle on Dec. 30th this off season. I like how Chris is a straight shooter.Chris said Tim looked good and had it cook N good.

Chris is very intelligent and you can see how much he cares about Tim to work out his mound problems. I think it's cool they got it going again and the interview should be up on that Murph and Mac page later today.

I am picking Tim to be comeback player of the year and he might win the Willie Mac Award if it all comes back strong.

Good Mojo having father and son back together. Right On.

Go Tim!!

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard the interview on KNBR on the drive in to work this morning. Great interview. I hope his dad helps Lincecum get back on track cause he really has been inconsistent for a couple of years. Funny thaat his father insisted that Pecan moderate the interview

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris really respects Pecan a lot. They have rapped a lot together. Chris is intelligent and Pecan is intelligent too. They must of had some good conversations to build up that confidence. Chris got a bad rap for going on shows and talking about Tim . He had some people saying shit about how he should let Tim work things out with the coaches . Chris wants Tim out there living his own life but if his son wants help with his pitching how is a dad to say no. I really like Chris. He comes right at you and does not back down. I heard he used to be a fighter at some point. Not sure about that but it's cool.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR.com still has not put up the podcast of the Chris Lincecum interview from Friday. I have no clue why not. They usually put the podcasts for each day up. Too bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR.com still has not put up the podcast of the Chris Lincecum interview from Friday. I have no clue why not. They usually put the podcasts for each day up. Too bad.
I actually thought he came across as a bit of a doosh.

He demanded that P-Con be there (which Murph or Mac made sure to comment on) and at one point he basically said "that's none of your fucking business" to one of their questions.

I don't think the interview was HORRIBLE, but he certainly could have presented himself in a better light.

Just spitballing, but it may have been another if his "conditions" that the interview not be added to the archive.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Timmy can pitch 180 innings with an ERA of under 4.00, then we make the playoffs easy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Timmy can pitch 180 innings with an ERA of under 4.00, then we make the playoffs easy.
Not the end-all-be-all, but if he can be a solid #3, that certainly takes pressure off of the rest of the rotation.

Unfortunately, there are serious questions surrounding ALL our starters this year (Bum regarding his load last season)

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris is a straight shooter and took some unwanted heat for going on radio shows talking about Tim in the past. He trusted Pecan because he has had past conversations with him . Pecan is a cool dude. I like the way Chris is straight up. It's the only way to be. He is not a fake.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2011 the pitching staff was lights out for almost the entire season and if the offense could score more than three runs, they usually win. They failed to make the playoffs that year. Nothing is easy

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe they will still put it up. Maybe someone should email them

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 the pitching staff was lights out for almost the entire season and if the offense could score more than three runs, they usually win. They failed to make the playoffs that year. Nothing is easy

posey-and-cousins-image.jpg

Something happened that year... can't remember what...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posey-and-cousins-image.jpg

Something happened that year... can't remember what...

Yes but his point is a good one...it's not easy making the playoffs even if Tim has a decent year.

And we barely missed them in 2011, I think we won 86 games?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but his point is a good one...it's not easy making the playoffs even if Tim has a decent year.

And we barely missed them in 2011, I think we won 86 games?
Even with that play, we were in contention for the West the entire year. At least until China Doll showed up and the rest of the team decided they didn't have to work any more.

That trade was SOOO weird for team chemistry. True :scratch:...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with that play, we were in contention for the West the entire year. At least until China Doll showed up and the rest of the team decided they didn't have to work any more.

That trade was SOOO weird for team chemistry. True :scratch:...

Yep, agree. Baseball is just really unpredictable. That's why there's no point in getting worked up about preseason predictions or mid year slumps (cough cough), it's a LONG season and a lot changes every year, and injuries make all the preseason guesses silly. Basically all you can know is do you have a good team that will compete (Giants, Dodgers, Nats, etc) or a bad one that has very very little chance (Rockies, Phillies)

But the pitching that year, like 2010, was ridiculous.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Giants went through last year was NOT just a mid-season slump. That was a nose-dive of epic proportions. How they were able to turn it around is completely beyond me, and I think will take multiple years to be able to grasp the whole story.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the Giants went through last year was NOT just a mid-season slump. That was a nose-dive of epic proportions. How they were able to turn it around is completely beyond me, and I think will take multiple years to be able to grasp the whole story.

It's not that baffling to me. It takes 162 games to figure out who makes the playoffs. They played way better than they were for the first 2 months, then way worse for the next 2 months. That's what 162 games does, smooths that all out. You should be just as confused as to how they played so well in April and May.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that baffling to me. It takes 162 games to figure out who makes the playoffs. They played way better than they were for the first 2 months, then way worse for the next 2 months. That's what 162 games does, smooths that all out. You should be just as confused as to how they played so well in April and May.
But they played to that April/May level in August and October as well (September was a bit Jekyll & Hyde-ish, though).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they played to that April/May level in August and October as well (September was a bit Jekyll & Hyde-ish, though).

True, and that's all part of the same dynamic...teams go through runs where they can't lose, and runs where they can't win, all in the same season. It's not baffling.

And if the season is a week longer or a week shorter maybe different teams make the playoffs. Doesn't mean that team is any 'worse' or 'better'.

As I get older I'm realizing more and more how random it all is. All the teams are full of people really good at their sport. And the good teams are all pretty equally good for the most part. If you run back the Giants KC series more times KC probably wins 45-50% of them. The Niners beat the Ravens 50% of the time in that Superbowl. It's hard for detailed intense fans like us to accept sometimes, we look for reasons why a team wins it ll or falls short and really there aren't reasons. The Giants were good enough to be in the mix, and then they lucked into the title.

Think of all the narratives that change if something minor is different...if Pence doesnt get that 3 bat hits hit, if Rolen makes a play, do we think of the Giants as a dynasty? If Norwood makes that kick, do we think of Jim Kelly or Marv Levy any differently? All the time and energy we put into these sports...it's pretty much randomness once you are watching a 'good' team. Sometimes the good team you like gets lucky and wins it all, usually the good team the other guy likes does.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR.com finally put up their Feb. 20 podcast but mysteriously the Chris Lincecum interview is not on there. Wow somebody must not be happy with the interview...why not post it? Rags was on and that is a good interview to check out . Disappointing that for some reason KNBR ditched the interview with Chris.

I would like to know from Murph, Mac, and Pecan why the interview is not on the podcast.

I am interested in knowing why?