• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tim Lincecum is back working with his Dad again

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR.com finally put up their Feb. 20 podcast but mysteriously the Chris Lincecum interview is not on there. Wow somebody must not be happy with the interview...why not post it? Rags was on and that is a good interview to check out . Disappointing that for some reason KNBR ditched the interview with Chris.

I would like to know from Murph, Mac, and Pecan why the interview is not on the podcast.

I am interested in knowing why?
Well, seeing how Mac was swearing during the entire show this morning (granted, it was in Greek), I am not sure we will be hearing from him for a week or so...

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim has grown his hair out again. My lead guitarist is back. He looks locked in so far at camp. His concentration level this year will be high. He is ready.Ready to rock and cause destruction on MLB hitters.

Go get Em Tim !!

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posey-and-cousins-image.jpg

Something happened that year... can't remember what...
As significant as losing Posey was, there were too many holes offensively in the lineup. Huff turned awful. Leadoff position was an issue. A few guys that had good years in 2010, could repeat in 2011.Later in the season in a critical series against the Diamondbacks, I think Beltran hit something like.500 for the series and the Giants still couldn't muster anything offense. The latter half of the batting order were instant outs

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As significant as losing Posey was, there were too many holes offensively in the lineup. Huff turned awful. Leadoff position was an issue. A few guys that had good years in 2010, could repeat in 2011.Later in the season in a critical series against the Diamondbacks, I think Beltran hit something like.500 for the series and the Giants still couldn't muster anything offense. The latter half of the batting order were instant outs
The thing was, though that that was an amazingly plucky team. They were getting it done until China Doll arrived, then EVERYONE just stopped hitting (Beltran included). It seemed like the hitters saw the stud come in, so they all sat back and thought they didn't have to do it anymore. At least that was my impression at the time.

Also, Beltran pretty much sucked for us and then he got hurt. By the time he got back, we were essentially out of it, and then he decided to perform. His numbers for us on the whole looked good, but none of that performance happened until it was too late.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing was, though that that was an amazingly plucky team. They were getting it done until China Doll arrived, then EVERYONE just stopped hitting (Beltran included). It seemed like the hitters saw the stud come in, so they all sat back and thought they didn't have to do it anymore. At least that was my impression at the time.

Also, Beltran pretty much sucked for us and then he got hurt. By the time he got back, we were essentially out of it, and then he decided to perform. His numbers for us on the whole looked good, but none of that performance happened until it was too late.

I am just going on memory, which at times is off due to my advanced age, lol. I remember a big series against the Diamondbacks late in the year. I think the Giants were only down a couple of games and could have tightened things up with a sweep. I think Beltran hit close to .500 that series, but no one else could get anything done. Huff was an instant out and so was Belt at that time. Crawford really struggled at the plate. Losing Freddy Sanchez bat was huge too. Andres Torres had a career type year in 2010 but couldn't repeat that success in 2011. Andres Torres, Aubrie Huff, Freddy Sanchez were three important offense pieces in 2010, that couldn't perform in 2011. You know things were bad when the Giants resorted to having Cody Ross be the leadoff hitter for a time. Keppinger hit okay for a time, but I recall him cooling off also down the stretch

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
I am just going on memory, which at times is off due to my advanced age, lol. I remember a big series against the Diamondbacks late in the year. I think the Giants were only down a couple of games and could have tightened things up with a sweep. I think Beltran hit close to .500 that series, but no one else could get anything done. Huff was an instant out and so was Belt at that time. Crawford really struggled at the plate. Losing Freddy Sanchez bat was huge too. Andres Torres had a career type year in 2010 but couldn't repeat that success in 2011. Andres Torres, Aubrie Huff, Freddy Sanchez were three important offense pieces in 2010, that couldn't perform in 2011. You know things were bad when the Giants resorted to having Cody Ross be the leadoff hitter for a time. Keppinger hit okay for a time, but I recall him cooling off also down the stretch
I don't remember that series specifically, but it sounds plausible. The whole team just went to sleep after the trade.