• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger Woods calls surgery recovery a 'slow process'

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger Woods said Monday that his recovery from back surgery is a "slow process" and that he remains unsure when he will return to competitive golf.

In an extensive blog post on his website, Woods expressed regret at having to miss the defense of his Players Championship title this week at TPC Sawgrass but relief over having microdiscectomy surgery on March 31.

"I made the decision to have surgery because physically I just couldn't make a golf swing," Woods wrote. "That pretty much sums it up."

As for his rehab and return, Woods wrote: "I really don't know. I'm doing everything I can and listening to my doctors and working on a strength program, and then we just have to see how my back is. Some people heal up in three months, some people take longer. I just don't know.

"I haven't used a sand wedge yet. I've just done putting and chip-and-runs using the same length of motion. I haven't really rotated yet. As far as taking a full swing, I have conference calls with my doctors every couple of weeks to see how my progress is and just kind of chart it out from there. Basically, you just follow a program. It's tedious because it's little rehab stuff, but you still have to do it.

Source: ESPN

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story, Woods stated that the grass in his backyard continues to grow... :yahoo:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being that i am not a fan of tiger I hope he never gets back to what he was and never catches the majors record for win in majors

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
being that i am not a fan of tiger I hope he never gets back to what he was and never catches the majors record for win in majors

Exactly. I just love how the media feels the need to get a TW story in week in & week out, even when he's not playing (or remotely close). Hence, my reference... :suds:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of Tiger.

Yea, he cheated on his wife......but don't kid yourself, she was a dumb bitch who was cheating on him. It is well known by many many folk. The marriage was shot for years.....can't blame him really.

With all that said, I roll my eyes at all these "injuries." Every other golfer out there seems to be making it by and yet Tiger is out constantly because of something. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the knee......cuz that was ridiculous how he was even playing on that. But still, think about how good he was playing even on that bad knee.

I feel like he's looking for excuses right now and what's really happening is he's running out of time. He needs to man up and get his ass back in the hunt for being the most accomplished golfer of all time. Got a lot of work to do.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The slower, the better. I would never wish for him not to recover fully but the longer I don't have to put up with the "Cult of Tiger" out there on the Tour, the better.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a fan of Tiger.

Yea, he cheated on his wife......but don't kid yourself, she was a dumb bitch who was cheating on him. It is well known by many many folk. The marriage was shot for years.....can't blame him really.

With all that said, I roll my eyes at all these "injuries." Every other golfer out there seems to be making it by and yet Tiger is out constantly because of something. I will give him the benefit of the doubt on the knee......cuz that was ridiculous how he was even playing on that. But still, think about how good he was playing even on that bad knee.

I feel like he's looking for excuses right now and what's really happening is he's running out of time. He needs to man up and get his ass back in the hunt for being the most accomplished golfer of all time. Got a lot of work to do.

I'm a Tiger fan as well, I just like seeing the best perform...but I don't care whether he catches Jack, or even Snead...he's already to be one of the GOAT...it's not important to me to note THE.

I think these injuries are just from a body breaking down due to the violent nature of his swing. It was always going to catch up to him and we're seeing that now.

Couple that with the tour having caught up to Tiger's biggest advantage...length, it's going to be a tough row to hoe the rest of the way.