• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tiger / Phil Blew Off a WGC?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something?

I watched the Accenture Matchplay last night and half an hour into it I hadn't seen one shot from Tiger or Phil.

I then pulled up the bracket and saw that neither were in the field.

Lot of big names still alive and there were some great matches nonetheless.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is weird. Tiger's won that one multiple times, no?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once for certain, I think twice.

It is weird though...when the most notable American players blow off a WGC stateside, it makes you wonder if the WGC will ever become true world events...meaning played around the world.

I'm not even a huge matchplay guy (outside of the RC & PC) but still were some good matches yesterday. Lot of big names survived to this point.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Tiger had planned on skipping it to be in Sochi with Lindsay. When she couldn't go he decided to just stay in Jupiter to get ready for the Honda next week. Phil? No idea.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Tiger had planned on skipping it to be in Sochi with Lindsay. When she couldn't go he decided to just stay in Jupiter to get ready for the Honda next week. Phil? No idea.

He schedule the week off long ago due to kids' school break (winter break maybe). Most likely skiing somewhere.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once for certain, I think twice.

It is weird though...when the most notable American players blow off a WGC stateside, it makes you wonder if the WGC will ever become true world events...meaning played around the world.

I'm not even a huge matchplay guy (outside of the RC & PC) but still were some good matches yesterday. Lot of big names survived to this point.

Match play is my favorite. I almost always have one blow up hole in a stroke tournament which often eliminates me from contention for winning. Those blow up holes don't mean nearly as much in match play and I almost always end up at or near the top in those events.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame either really...have you seen that trophy?...Things hidious.

Yea, but I've seen worse...like Tigers own tourney...goofy ass Tiger on a plaque, doesn't even look like a trophy...the WGCs at one point were considered right below majors...maybe not so much anymore.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Match play is my favorite. I almost always have one blow up hole in a stroke tournament which often eliminates me from contention for winning. Those blow up holes don't mean nearly as much in match play and I almost always end up at or near the top in those events.

TT a double is a blowup for you, lol...try coming back from one of my blowup holes...a snowman will definitely wreck a card in stroke play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TT a double is a blowup for you, lol...try coming back from one of my blowup holes...a snowman will definitely wreck a card in stroke play.

Ha ha! Yes it will. I know the experience well. I could tell you some horror stories.