• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thunder part owner McClendon dies in car crash, was charged w/conspiracy yesterday

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And seattle still has no team.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably killed himself. But, it could also be a case of him having a heart attack or stroke while driving. The guy was under tremendous pressure, pressure most of us thankfully will never experience.

In term of his being a thief and liar, he was certainly a flawed character. And I would probably hate him if I was from Seattle too. But he also predicted natural gas could replace coal in the energy mix and did some pretty visionary things to literally change the world of energy. As a businessman, he had enormous balls.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popped into this thread and found that I entered the TLF Zone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't put the blame for the Sonics on him. He was simply the suggardaddy money behind the deal.

Clay Bennett, David Stern, and Howard Schultz are who I directly blame and want to puke anytime I see their mugs displayed.

But when this deal was completed, I predicted the Thunder would become the new Clippers (Donald Sterling years) of the NBA when two things happened which I considered very likely.

1) Durant signed somewhere else.
2) The Chesapeake money stopped subsidizing the franchise that couldn't exist otherwise in that city.

Looks like both are happening. Now watch the trainwreck. Too bad Stern retired. Fucker got off easy as the new guy will have to deal with the mess = what happens when you purposely orchestrate a pro-sports team move from a top 15 media market to one that doesn't even rank in the top 50.

And within 5 years of the Chesapeake slush fund removed, the franchise wouldn't be able to financially survive in Oklahoma City and a move somewhere else would eventually have to be done.

Feel bad for the McClendon family and send my prayers to them.

I agree with you. I just moved to Seattle this past Fall and would've loved for the Sonics to still be in town. Fuck that group you just mentioned.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after this season, you're probably not going to have Durant.

It's always possible. But its more likely that Durant signs a one year deal. Then looks at his options. Either way OKC still has a team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always possible. But its more likely that Durant signs a one year deal. Then looks at his options. Either way OKC still has a team.

Sad that a city with no NBA team has more titles than crap hole city that has had two top 20 players their entire choking history

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad that a city with no NBA team has more titles than crap hole city that has had two top 20 players their entire choking history

Sad for the crap hole losers with no team.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about having a team or not. If it was then coming back with NFL and MLB is an easy enough rebuttal.

No, this is about a business man who screwed people and cheated the system to get to the top. Look into his shady land dealings and how he really f'd up where some people lived. His illegal manipulation of the system led to his indictment, which has in turn led to this apparent suicide.

If it was suicide then he was a real coward on top of his other character flaws. Leaving his children behind like this would be a real asshole move.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So having a team is more important than winning a title?

I wouldn't feel too bad for him. I'm living in Seattle and loving it. I've been through OKC. Sorry, but I'll take living in Seattle with no NBA team then living in OKC and having the Thunder any day of the week.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't feel too bad for him. I'm living in Seattle and loving it. I've been through OKC. Sorry, but I'll take living in Seattle with no NBA team then living in OKC and having the Thunder any day of the week.

Good. Haha

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you saw a picture? hahahaha

No. I've spent a few days there because I have a friend that I knew while I was in the military that lives there. Safe to say, I'll never be going to that city again.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I've spent a few days there because I have a friend that I knew while I was in the military that lives there. Safe to say, I'll never be going to that city again.

Again, BK. We need to work on you downgrading my posts. OKC is a shit hole.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, BK. We need to work on you downgrading my posts. OKC is a shit hole.

That one was actually a mistake lol. Didn't realized I even rated that post until just now