• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Three Team Rumor From the All Star Game

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBZ 98.5 in Boston was reporting on a rumor that got started in Toronto at the All-Star Game. Danny Ainge was there, but I'm not sure about the other two teams...... anyway....

This three way trade would send Carmelo Anthony to the Cavaliers, Kevin Love to the Celtics and the Brooklyn Nets 1st Round pick next year to the Knicks.

I wasn't in the car long enough to hear any other details.

Thoughts??

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WBZ 98.5 in Boston was reporting on a rumor that got started in Toronto at the All-Star Game. Danny Ainge was there, but I'm not sure about the other two teams...... anyway....

This three way trade would send Carmelo Anthony to the Cavaliers, Kevin Love to the Celtics and the Brooklyn Nets 1st Round pick next year to the Knicks.

Thoughts??

Already a thread on this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts??

:L

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Cavs would get weaker,
The Knicks get weaker,
The Celtics win the trade by basically giving up the (current) #3 pick providing they don't fall further in the lottery for Kevin Love.

Sounds like Boston bullshit to me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks get weaker,
The Celtics win the trade by basically giving up the (current) #3 pick providing they don't fall further in the lottery for Kevin Love.

This deal is not going down, but if it did, Knicks would be the clear winners. They are not going anywhere as currently constructed. Get a top pick for Melo and hope to sign a big free agent to play with KP6 and maybe Simmons?

That would be very good for them.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This deal is not going down, but if it did, Knicks would be the clear winners. They are not going anywhere as currently constructed. Get a top pick for Melo and hope to sign a big free agent to play with KP6 and maybe Simmons?

That would be very good for them.

If they were that eager to get a good pick they need to wait till the draft order is set. Couple of more wins and Brooklyn fall out of the top 5 in which case they get a below-than-average player.

Melo has more trade value than that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were that eager to get a good pick they need to wait till the draft order is set. Couple of more wins and Brooklyn fall out of the top 5 in which case they get a below-than-average player.

Melo has more trade value than that.

Sure. I am assuming they would get other assets too. But you are right. If they traded Melo for a pick that ended up being 6 or lower, that would suck. Don't forget though, dealing Melo also enhances their chance of improving their own pick.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks get weaker,

Remember that ultimate Celtics homer crotchrocker? This sounds like a trade he'd have come up with. :lol: