• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Todd Haley?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL and good point with the only exception being the rest of Ben's career. He already dropped it a few years with his playing style and a few other items but being a tackling dummy this year for any rusher off the end won't help much.

Dude, you dont even need to tell me about that road!!!! You can ask any one who was with me on the old fox boards I bitched about this forever.... We finally have a franchise QB for the first time sinse Bradshaw.... We need to spend the damn money to protect him or we wont have Ben for long!!! So you are preaching to the choir!!!! And here we are several years later doing the same damn thing we did back then....just throwing a body in there and hoping to God they get the job done or Ben still has the legs to run for his life!!!!

I used to hate Arians.... But I hate haley even more!!!! These guys on this line couldnt block a fuckin porta potty!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you dont even need to tell me about that road!!!! You can ask any one who was with me on the old fox boards I bitched about this forever.... We finally have a franchise QB for the first time sinse Bradshaw.... We need to spend the damn money to protect him or we wont have Ben for long!!! So you are preaching to the choir!!!! And here we are several years later doing the same damn thing we did back then....just throwing a body in there and hoping to God they get the job done or Ben still has the legs to run for his life!!!!

I used to hate Arians.... But I hate haley even more!!!! These guys on this line couldnt block a fuckin porta potty!!!!

They have been investing high picks into the OL, but you're not going to find many studs picking as low as Colbert has been picking. You can get a G or C in the mid round, but OTs...top 5, worst case top 10 for the best ones.

Ben being Ben is going to be among the most sacked QBs in the league, that's just the way it is...I watched DEN yesterday and the Jags were getting some nice hits on Manning for a while...but the ball was gone on most of them.

Well...I wanted Arians out too, and 21 games in I can't say for certain Yah or Nay about Haley yet. Part of it like, other parts I can't tell there is a new OC in the building. The main thing to know about Haley is the Rooney's hands are all over this hire.

Yesterday 31 passes, 26 runs...on the road against a decent DEF...not great, but a win is a win.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.. I didn't realize the plays were almost 50-50 for run-pass. Why did feel like it was more 30-70??? Probably because the pass game stole the show...

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you dont even need to tell me about that road!!!! You can ask any one who was with me on the old fox boards I bitched about this forever.... We finally have a franchise QB for the first time sinse Bradshaw.... We need to spend the damn money to protect him or we wont have Ben for long!!!

:clap:

100 million dollar qb, ten dollar line

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.. I didn't realize the plays were almost 50-50 for run-pass. Why did feel like it was more 30-70??? Probably because the pass game stole the show...

I didn't either...Lot of those were completed 24/31...probably why, but Haley kept a steady diet of runs in there. mostly the 3 yd variety from both Jones and Bell, but rarely the negative yd plays we were getting with the slower backs.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember at least one negative yd rush up the middle, tackled just after receiving the handoff.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been investing high picks into the OL, but you're not going to find many studs picking as low as Colbert has been picking. You can get a G or C in the mid round, but OTs...top 5, worst case top 10 for the best ones.

Ben being Ben is going to be among the most sacked QBs in the league, that's just the way it is...I watched DEN yesterday and the Jags were getting some nice hits on Manning for a while...but the ball was gone on most of them.

Well...I wanted Arians out too, and 21 games in I can't say for certain Yah or Nay about Haley yet. Part of it like, other parts I can't tell there is a new OC in the building. The main thing to know about Haley is the Rooney's hands are all over this hire.

Yesterday 31 passes, 26 runs...on the road against a decent DEF...not great, but a win is a win.

Very true and agree on the picks, but there was more than one chance for us to pick up a stud on the o-line in free agency and we decided to pass.... I'm sorry but just one guy on that line could make a big difference to not only the pass, but to the running game!!! Fanica made that whole line look a lot better than it was and Im sure there is work horse or two some where that could of made a difference with these young guys!!!

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I wanted Arians out too, and 21 games in I can't say for certain Yah or Nay about Haley yet.

I like his offense, just cant get consistency from the line and running game. Getting the ball in the hands of brown, crossing patterns, screens to miller, and some deep balls, would work a lot better without the previously mentioned issues.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true and agree on the picks, but there was more than one chance for us to pick up a stud on the o-line in free agency and we decided to pass.... I'm sorry but just one guy on that line could make a big difference to not only the pass, but to the running game!!! Fanica made that whole line look a lot better than it was and Im sure there is work horse or two some where that could of made a difference with these young guys!!!

I agree with you that 1 guy could make a big difference...but, with what money? They had to cut Harrison, and Colon, restructure, Ben (again) and Woodley just to have money to sign a rookie class, and retain Sanders...we could argue the money they spend on Redman & Dwyer could've gone towards maybe keeping Starks, or Colon, but I'm not sure who (of note) they could have been able to afford in FA.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his offense, just cant get consistency from the line and running game. Getting the ball in the hands of brown, crossing patterns, screens to miller, and some deep balls, would work a lot better without the previously mentioned issues.

I think the running game is fixed now that the slow, plodding RBs are watching...(Dwyer/Redman = < 3 ypc, LSH, F.Jones, and Bell = > 3ypc behind the same OL...just need more reps with Jones and Bell...26 rushes last week was a good number.

Where I continue to have issues with OFC is punching it in for 6 in the RZ...we'll see how that improves as this season goes along.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that 1 guy could make a big difference...but, with what money? They had to cut Harrison, and Colon, restructure, Ben (again) and Woodley just to have money to sign a rookie class, and retain Sanders...we could argue the money they spend on Redman & Dwyer could've gone towards maybe keeping Starks, or Colon, but I'm not sure who (of note) they could have been able to afford in FA.

LOL.... Im not talking this year... God knows we didnt have a pot to piss in!!! I talking past years.... I forget if it was last year or the year before when, for example that guy from the Vikings was availible and we didnt even bother..... now he is a fixture on the ratbirds line!!! Just stupid shit like that. We always seem to kick the pup on that shit!!! The whole running back shit thing this year.... another dumb thing with our recycled bullshit backs!!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.... Im not talking this year... God knows we didnt have a pot to piss in!!! I talking past years.... I forget if it was last year or the year before when, for example that guy from the Vikings was availible and we didnt even bother..... now he is a fixture on the ratbirds line!!! Just stupid shit like that. We always seem to kick the pup on that shit!!! The whole running back shit thing this year.... another dumb thing with our recycled bullshit backs!!!!

Oh...okay.

You know what I think you get with vet LTs, like McKinney? (whom BAL just had to replace as well.)

A little time to develop a young prospect...teams just don't let good LTs walk unless they are way too expensive (MIA - Jake Long). They can't stay healthy, or block anymore (AZ - Levi Brown)...it will be interesting to see how the guy from JAX works out for BAL. JAX seemed to be making room for their new LT draft pick.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant stay healthy for shit. A guy we JUST picked up goes down? :L

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cant stay healthy for shit. A guy we JUST picked up goes down? :L

During warmups... I can't think of a worse slap in the face to the front office

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you were talking about Richard Gordon who is also out for this weeks game with a toe injury... The FO just can't seem to win these days

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful play calls, like I said, I like this offense, just needs all pieces working

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderful play calls, like I said, I like this offense, just needs all pieces working

Agreed...I like the calls largely because they worked, but clearly Bell was in a comfort zone running the wildcat and it threw BAL off kilter...the shovel pass to Heather reportedly was put in by Ben.

Gotta take it into the Black Hole now! They still think it's the 70s when the Steelers come to town.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed...I like the calls largely because they worked, but clearly Bell was in a comfort zone running the wildcat and it threw BAL off kilter...the shovel pass to Heather reportedly was put in by Ben.

Gotta take it into the Black Hole now! They still think it's the 70s when the Steelers come to town.

I must admit, I wanted to keep them spread out and get more yardage before that fg attempt.