• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on my team?

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my money league team. 10 team league - currently in 2nd place. I made a lot of trades that have really paid off. Would like to hear your opinions on what I could do to improve my team.

- Traded Kemp, Brett Anderson for Sale, Bruce
- Traded Cuddyer, Jordan Zimmerman for Chris Davis, Berkman
- Traded Marte for Nelson Cruz
- Traded Adrian Gonzalez for Rizzo, Samardzija

C- Wilin Rosario
1B- Anthony Rizzo
2B- Brandon Phillips
3B- Aramis Ramirez
SS- Jhonny Peralta
IF- Mark Reynolds
OF- Chris Davis
OF- Jay Bruce
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Shin-Soo Choo
UTIL- Domonic Brown
DL- Jose Reyes

SP
Shelby Miller
Jeff Samardzija
Francisco Liriano
Chris Sale
Jon Lester
Matt Garza
Yu Darvish
Paul Maholm
Michael Wacha

Closers- Fernando Rodney, Sergio Romo, K-Rod

DL- David Price, Michael Pineda

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a nice group of players. It is hard to give any specific feedback without knowing the details of your league, but I like your team.

As a general piece of advice, it is clear that you like trading and are not afraid to shake things up. Just make sure that you stay patient and don't make any deals out of boredom. A couple of the deals you already made could end up hurting you long term.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a bench...
My future concern would be left side of infield.
Peralta won't keep this up (I wish!!!) and Aramis, while one of league's best producers at 3B when healthy, likely won't stay healthy.
If you've got some backups, I'd do like Tlance said, and sit back and be patient for a bit. It's a good team.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a bench...
My future concern would be left side of infield.
Peralta won't keep this up (I wish!!!) and Aramis, while one of league's best producers at 3B when healthy, likely won't stay healthy.
If you've got some backups, I'd do like Tlance said, and sit back and be patient for a bit. It's a good team.

Agreed Peralta won't keep this up (but Reyes will be back soon enough) & I don't trust Ramirez or Reynolds.
And do you no bench (or is it all pitchers on your bench)

I might trade Ramirez and an arm for an upgrade at 3rd or
Reynolds and an arm for an OF (moving Davis to the IF slot) or
Cruz & an arm for a more reliable outfielder.
given your pitching staff you could probably 2 two of the three options I listed.

Try to sell Liriano before the bottom falls out, or find an rookie oriented owner and sell Wacha. If you can't trade those 2, go with your gut on who to move.

One other thing to look at would be maybe trade a better pitcher for a lesser pitcher and more reliable closer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree more with the advice to trade Aramis. He is injury prone and has been missing games here and there, but his production is elite when he plays. You would have to move a good pitcher along with him in order to return a player who is at his level. A move like this might make you feel safe, but it doesn't improve your team.

I would gamble on keeping Aramis with the knowledge that you have a playable back-up in Reynolds.

Again though, specific advice depends on your format.

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the help, guys. I picked up Reynolds when A-Ram got injured and he's been pretty good. At least Reynolds gives me power.

Peralta was just a replacement for Reyes. He will be the odd man out when Reyes returns from the DL.

Overall though, I haven't had this good of a team in a while. I think this is good enough to win a championship.

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just got offered Bourn for Lester. What do you guys think?

Wouldn't mind adding a speedy guy, I've been struggling with SB's after Reyes went down with an injury and after I traded Marte.

Lester has been falling apart lately. If I do this deal, I could move Chris Davis to IF and try to trade Reynolds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. No need to trade Reynolds though, unless you have no bench. Keep him as a back-up. He could fill in for anybody but SS and 2B given your position flexibility.

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. No need to trade Reynolds though, unless you have no bench. Keep him as a back-up. He could fill in for anybody but SS and 2B given your position flexibility.

Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.