• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Cousin's performance?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface this post by saying that I'm not watching the game, but listening to the stream on ESPN. But I would give KC a grade of b-/c+. The Int hurts. Also it sounds as if the td to crowder was lucky. That could have been another int. on the positive, he bounced back from the int, he ran the 2 minute drill to perfection, and I don't think he was sacked. All in all, the best performance by any QB this preseason, but not good enough to knock out the incumbent.

Thoughts?

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll preface this post by saying that I'm not watching the game, but listening to the stream on ESPN. But I would give KC a grade of b-/c+. The Int hurts. Also it= sounds as if the td to crowder was lucky. That could have been another int. on the positive, he bounced back from the int, he ran the 2 minute drill to perfection, and I don't think he was sacked. All in all, the best performance by any QB this preseason, but not good enough to knock out the incumbent.

Thoughts?

I would give him a B+ he got it together after that crazy int which wasn't all his fault and played a pretty good game

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he started nervous and settled down which is HUGE for him. The pick was a comedy of errors and a good play by Suggs. T-Sizzle read the play and backed off towards the receiver, Moses should have pushed/blocked him, Kirk shouldn't have tried to force it in there.

The Crowder play was lucky but he hit Grant or whoever high and in the hands. Would have been a hell of a catch because he had a DB all over his back. His completion percentage is over 70%. Wasn't a great game but wasn't bad either. He led them to 2 TDs. I would take that every half. Otherwise there was a couple of misfires, a couple of drops and a couple of throw aways. NO sacks and a lot of that stat is on him, for sliding or moving. Same for McCoy.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks to me to be a C+....B- kinda performance as I don't want to give a lot of credit to facing basic defenses. Opening day starter? I'm not there yet!

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the INT KC played well. Yes his TD was a lucky bounce. Grant dropped a 20 yard first down on him. Grant just fell down on the route and couldn't make the catch. His pocket awareness was great. Ravens were really blitzing him and KC was seeing everything. The Oline did a decent job but could have been better. KC just runs the offense better. He does the little things that don't show up in the stat sheet. It was a solid performance. KC got absolutely no help from the running game. Plus KC was working with Grant, Crowder, and Roberts. Where the hell was Garcon?

The one thing that was consistent is that Amerson blows. Was not impressed by Murphy either. Smith and Jeffcoat had great games. Ross also shined.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens defense was not basic tonight. They blitzed a lot.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens defense was not basic tonight. They blitzed a lot.

agree it wasn't basic Ravens were blitzing like crazy and like I said on the 1 interception by Cousins what the hell is up with Garcon?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Gruden's play calling. The 4th down play was so obvious. Plus these stupid gimmick plays don't make sense.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like Gruden's play calling. The 4th down play was so obvious. Plus these stupid gimmick plays don't make sense.

I didn't like that run call on that long 4th and 1 when the Ravens were stacking the box

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins problems start when he gets on a bad roll. He doesn't seem to be tough when the shit hits the fan. Hopefully the scoring drives after throwing the int is a good sign he's overcoming it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i liked what he did vs vanilla blitz's . its a preseason game !!!! i think he did some good things but he needs to show me when it counts . but i think a solid b is in order and certainly better then any grade you could give 3

colt played well too

the Td play KC hit roberts with a catchable ball that crowder stayed with . they made their luck on that

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC threw 27 times in that half. Not having a sack is huge. skinsdad playing a vanilla defense doesn't mean that the team blitzed him to death. They were coming after KC. They did not sit back in zone. KC said himself at the PC that they were in zero coverage meaning a lot of times all out blitz. So how is that vanilla blitz's? A vanilla blitz would be sending 5 guys they sent more than 5 guys multiple times. KC has excellent pocket presence. Plus the drop from Grant was huge.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some film breakdown fro Mark Bullock

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on Cousins outing. I was not very impressed for the first quarter and much of the second. It was not until the five minute mark of the 2nd quarter that this team began to move. Call it dumb luck or whatever you wish, but most people won't complain about how they initially scored. The two minute drill was kind of impressive, Kirk managed it well and didn't seem out of sorts running it. Is he the answer at QB? Well that depends on the Qualifiers. If basic quarterbacking and poise get the job, then he is the guy. On the other hand the same attributes can be attached to the other guy playing the position last night.....Colt McCoy.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my take on Cousins outing. I was not very impressed for the first quarter and much of the second. It was not until the five minute mark of the 2nd quarter that this team began to move. Call it dumb luck or whatever you wish, but most people won't complain about how they initially scored. The two minute drill was kind of impressive, Kirk managed it well and didn't seem out of sorts running it. Is he the answer at QB? Well that depends on the Qualifiers. If basic quarterbacking and poise get the job, then he is the guy. On the other hand the same attributes can be attached to the other guy playing the position last night.....Colt McCoy.
I agree about Colt. They both have played better than rg3 in these games. But rg3 will still be the start if medically cleared in time.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about Colt. They both have played better than rg3 in these games. But rg3 will still be the start if medically cleared in time.

This is going to be an interesting week........what a sad comment on the state of affairs of our football team!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Colt with the 1s, but he actually seems to be a better fit for running Grudens offense (until the QB of the future is found) than Cousins or Griffin to me.

Still think Gruden likes him best.

He seems to incorporate some of the upsides of both Griffin and Kirk and less of their downsides. Mentally he seems tougher than both of them and seems to be more elusive when it comes to plays breaking down.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen Colt with the 1s, but he actually seems to be a better fit for running Grudens offense (until the QB of the future is found) than Cousins or Griffin to me.

Still think Gruden likes him best.

He seems to incorporate some of the upsides of both Griffin and Kirk and less of their downsides. Mentally he seems tougher than both of them and seems to be more elusive when it comes to plays breaking down.

Very good points Cali, but let me inquire further. I too am under the impression that Gruden likes Colt better and feel that if not for injury Colt would have finished last season as starter. So here's my question: In a less dysfunctional circumstance where Gruden has the backing of his bosses, do you think that he would actually select Colt as his starter?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good points Cali, but let me inquire further. I too am under the impression that Gruden likes Colt better and feel that if not for injury Colt would have finished last season as starter. So here's my question: In a less dysfunctional circumstance where Gruden has the backing of his bosses, do you think that he would actually select Colt as his starter?
Don't know that it matters in terms of our season whether it is Colt or Kirk.

I do think Kirk made a case that he may have gotten better in shaking off adversity in Grudens eyes.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC threw 27 times in that half. Not having a sack is huge. skinsdad playing a vanilla defense doesn't mean that the team blitzed him to death. They were coming after KC. They did not sit back in zone. KC said himself at the PC that they were in zero coverage meaning a lot of times all out blitz. So how is that vanilla blitz's? A vanilla blitz would be sending 5 guys they sent more than 5 guys multiple times. KC has excellent pocket presence. Plus the drop from Grant was huge.
its preseason dean for the love of god what else do you need to have said to you ?