• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thoughts on Burrow?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing shit against the wall. Every single sentence on Burrow starts with "Maybe"...he has zero clue.

This is what happens when contracts get hammered out behind closed doors and no information is leaked out - people who do articles like this have zero idea what is going on, and throw as much up against the wall to see what eventually sticks.

He also doesn't mention that it behooves Burrow to come to an agreement, because the Bengals still have as many as 7 years of Burrow...if they tag twice, which they very well could considering that they won't be paying him anything anywhere near market value until that 1st tag.

He also ignores that Burrow as said publicly that he wants a deal that is fair on both sides so that the team can keep other players around (namely Chase and Higgins). If I had to guess, I'm guessing that the Bengals are trying to hammer something out with Tee 1st to see where that lands, and then Burrow. If they can't figure something out with Tee, they will then move on from that and just focus on Burrow and then either tag Tee, or sign/draft a replacement next year.

In the end, I think this is a big nothing burger. Everyone just "thought" that since Herbert signed that Burrow would be quickly behind. There was never anything that indicated that would be the case other than all the talking heads, who know nothing, just made a big assumption on.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were any issues with the deal, Burrow wouldn't have practiced yesterday. He could have easily sat on the sidelines or had another day of rehab. I agree with @Cincyfan78 - I think there is some hope that they can get Tee signed to an extension and they are still pursuing that opportunity. My guess is that it's hard to figure out Tee's number because people want to see what the top-end market is whenever Justin Jefferson signs his deal. But, all that will end as we get closer to the season. If they get Tee extended, it should have some impact on how Burrow's cash/guarantees/bonuses are structured across the year. If they don't get Tee done, they'll likely pour as much cash as they have available into the beginning of the deal. They have the space and they'll have bigger issues down the road.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More on this related subject.

I like the part where they say that we should look for the club to sit on 17 million dollars in event of injury or other housekeeping issues.... I mean, there are teams that have like 200K left in cap space and I'm sure they can handle injuries and housekeeping. Such a stupid dialogue that was started by Hobs and pushed repeatedly over the years.

The cap flexibility is there for signings. Full stop. Lets see how it shakes out.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who dey think gonna hold up the contract over a couple mils. not joey franchise

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals know what they have with Burrow, so he's priority #1

everyone knows it. that's what is better about this situation than the one Carson Palmer was in when he was fed up.