• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thought "The Catch III or The Grab" couldn't get any better to watch? Think again.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awesome!!!!...Those were some new angles...Love It!! Thanks for posting, 'fault

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
clearly, a spectacular throw and catch in a play-off game. big play no question.

just wanted to say agree with Davis calling it a 'grab'. cause "The Catch" and "The Catch II" were MUCH more "sitting at the edge of your seat", more dramatic. the simple reason was in those cases we needed a touchdown.

in this case we still could've kicked a field goal and enter overtime.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly, a spectacular throw and catch in a play-off game. big play no question.

just wanted to say agree with Davis calling it a 'grab'. cause "The Catch" and "The Catch II" were MUCH more "sitting at the edge of your seat", more dramatic. the simple reason was in those cases we needed a touchdown.

in this case we still could've kicked a field goal and enter overtime.

We needed a TD in the Catch, but that was third down. So it wasn't do or die for that throw, just that drive; in fact, I've heard that Montana was throwing it away, though I don't believe it per se. I wouldn't put this game over the Catch and unless we win the SB I wouldn't put it over the Catch II without further thought. But I would continue the Catch reference in The Catch III cause it was as dramatic as it could get for me.

To me, I was on the edge of my seat and I did feel we needed the TD. I was afraid of being Tebowed (first play of OT) or Romo'd (slippery field) to the point I was sure we wouldn't get the ball back. We won the opening toss so many times this year, including this game, that we were bound to lose the coin toss this time. And you don't think Payton would be going for the TD after seeing Alex run one in and then lead us to the FG (hypothetically)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Awesome!!!!...Those were some new angles...Love It!! Thanks for posting, 'fault

I like the different angles too. Note when Alex Smith arrives at the celebration in the end zone and he makes some sort of gesture to the lone Saints defenser standing there. I hadn't seen that before. I wonder what that was all about.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like the different angles too. Note when Alex Smith arrives at the celebration in the end zone and he makes some sort of gesture to the lone Saints defender standing there. I hadn't seen that before. I wonder what that was all about.

In his Wednesday presser he was asked about the incident and all he would say is that the Saints defense were trash talking during the game and that he just kind of let loose on the TD, but 'he doesn't remember' what he said. So, it was what it looked like, but we may never know what he said.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In his Wednesday presser he was asked about the incident and all he would say is that the Saints defense were trash talking during the game and that he just kind of let loose on the TD, but 'he doesn't remember' what he said. So, it was what it looked like, but we may never know what he said.

I was surprised but deep down Smith, like all professional athletes, is one competitive son of a bitch. He wanted that win. The guy is really starting to grow on me.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was surprised but deep down Smith, like all professional athletes, is one competitive son of a bitch. He wanted that win. The guy is really starting to grow on me.

Yeah he is! I gotta tell ya, he made made throws on Saturday that just 3 months ago I would have bet a check would have been either incomplete or intercepted. I dunno who this guy is or what he has done with Alex, but I hope he can stick around for at least a couple more games...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't put this game over the Catch and unless we win the SB I wouldn't put it over the Catch II without further thought.

I think it was a better game than the Greenbay game. Plus all the back and forth. And in this game we were the underdogs taking on the "best" team in the NFL.

Funny, how the Saints were the best team in the NFL and we beat them. Now we play the Giants who everyone is saying is the best team. Seems like whoever we play they are considered the best team. Fine by me though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a better game than the Greenbay game. Plus all the back and forth. And in this game we were the underdogs taking on the "best" team in the NFL.

Funny, how the Saints were the best team in the NFL and we beat them. Now we play the Giants who everyone is saying is the best team. Seems like whoever we play they are considered the best team. Fine by me though.

I put it over the Catch II, but I am so biased and short-sided (time-wise) that I was being conservative to not list that higher, depending on your definition of being conservative is. I think it is not being as productive as the Saints. ;) Plus, I kinda don't like the Rice fumble issue with that drive. I'll take the win, but not the hierarchy in great winning drives. Great plays, certainly.

You think it's bad now? Don't you know the Patriots are the best team, but that doesn't start until they beat the Ravens. If not, the Ravens will be the best team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he is! I gotta tell ya, he made made throws on Saturday that just 3 months ago I would have bet a check would have been either incomplete or intercepted. I dunno who this guy is or what he has done with Alex, but I hope he can stick around for at least a couple more games...

Blank check? If so, I wish I had made that bet. Heck, I won't be greedy. One MILLION dollars would be ok, too. Though you can't get much for a million these days. Maybe a low-end politician if you know where to get them. You're good for that, right?

P.S. I would have used the Austin Powers one BILLION dollars, but I am considerate, I know you have a woman or family to take care of. One million is fine.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blank check? If so, I wish I had made that bet. Heck, I won't be greedy. One MILLION dollars would be ok, too. Though you can't get much for a million these days. Maybe a low-end politician if you know where to get them. You're good for that, right?

P.S. I would have used the Austin Powers one BILLION dollars, but I am considerate, I know you have a woman or family to take care of. One million is fine.

Ahemmmm, since I own you MHS, that check is mine. Capiche?!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahemmmm, since I own you MHS, that check is mine. Capiche?!

Me: Damnit! I hate being owned. Now I am glad I never made that bet!
Mem49er: You make that bet when I tell you to make that bet!
Me: Ok "boss", but you know you sold those rights for a talker-no-walker, cracked football, and a moldy honey ham sandwich that you yourself have no idea if it came with crust.
Mem49er: Don't you dare talk to me that way! Next time I'm trading you for JaMarcus Russell, a never-been-hit-in-the-World-Series baseball, and some chewed up sunflower seeds.
Me: This conversation's getting lame if it wasn't already. Can I go to bed?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Maaaaaaaaaaaamma Miaaaaaaaaaaa!" lol

I liked the "Bernon Davie esta llorando....es tan emocional que esta llorando como un buen hombre."

Who knew "good men" were supposed to cry....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Mozart'sGhost

What "surprises" Nolan could fill a fucking library. Note that despite Alex "growing on" him, he'll take the FIRST opportunity to pants shit about him on Sunday.

Fucking hypocrite.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I like this ^