• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This whole team will be blown up next year, regardless

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that they re-negotiated Pep's contract, and saved a butt-load of money against next years cap.
Same with Earl Bennett's contract.
Looks like Emery really does never rest.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five of those six guys were brought in as rookies by JA. Gould was brought in as an undrafted free agent, and the rest were drafted.

JA actually wasn't as terrible at drafting as most believe. He was just terrible in the first round. He found a lot of diamonds in the rough.

Not to mention, he went out of his way to bring in Cutler and Peppers. Two obviously key parts to this team, and he reached to get Forte in the second round. Not bad...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a JA fan, but I do give credit where it's due.

Actually he was pretty bad. When he was fired only 22 of his 82 draft picks were still on the roster. The numbers are especially bad for rounds 1-3. He also deserves a lot critisisim for the positions he ignored as well as his many failed picks. Of course it will never be known how much Lovie had a hand in these draft picks or if his staff played a part by failing to properly develop players.

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere today that they re-negotiated Pep's contract, and saved a butt-load of money against next years cap.
Same with Earl Bennett's contract.
Looks like Emery really does never rest.

No, the cap hit went up for next year. It went down for the current year.

brian mclaren

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 03 Urlacher, Briggs, and Tillman have been the core of this defense.
and you dummys gave lovie so much credit lovie never did nothing.
go trestman

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team may be partly dismantled by free agency next year, but OMG... SF and Seattle are in big trouble. Kap is making almost 1.4mil and Wilson only 700k. Big changes looming on the West Coast.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he was pretty bad. When he was fired only 22 of his 82 draft picks were still on the roster. The numbers are especially bad for rounds 1-3. He also deserves a lot critisisim for the positions he ignored as well as his many failed picks. Of course it will never be known how much Lovie had a hand in these draft picks or if his staff played a part by failing to properly develop players.

Fair enough

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with all of the negativity? I think we are in a great position for the future. I think we could get Briggs and Tillman at a big discount from their current contracts and well have enough cap to sign Jennings. We also have Bostic and Kasheem Greene waiting in the wings who look very good. Judging on the amount of time it took Emery to rebuild the offense, I am not worried about the defense going forward. I think we have some good pieces and are in good hands.