• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

this whole division sucks

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the braves, phils and nats are all .500 teams. the mets and marlins, sub .500. the only reason the braves are up is because of that 12-1 start. if the phils or nats could ever win 9 of 10, they'd be right there with them.

whoever makes the postseason from here is going to quickly get their shit pushed in.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree _phillies_. Damn fools didn't show up to day. Got their asses blanked!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, even if they keep winning series, they won't have a legitimate chance at the playoffs unless they can put together a 6+ game winning streak like the dodgers and blue jays had recently to get them back in the hunt.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A 6 game streak seems like a pretty remote possibility. The hitting and pitching is far too inconsistent for everything to come together for 6+ games.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess even 4 days rest for the team and a week for Lee was not enough. Wheeler and Harvey were up to the task. Taking even 5 of the 9 remaining July games will be a major effort.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the braves, phils and nats are all .500 teams. the mets and marlins, sub .500. the only reason the braves are up is because of that 12-1 start. if the phils or nats could ever win 9 of 10, they'd be right there with them.

whoever makes the postseason from here is going to quickly get their shit pushed in.

Why do you keep saying this? How many times has a team from the Central, or a wild card team come in and done well in the playoffs? At this point, if the team from this weak ass division ends up being the Phillies they will most likely be on a hot streak when the playoffs start (otherwise they ain't getting in)

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize that is usually the case in the NBA, but a borderline team there can be sub .500 and they could be playing a team that was 60-22 or something. In baseball, an 86 win team always has a somewhat reasonable chance to beat a 96 win team.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you keep saying this? How many times has a team from the Central, or a wild card team come in and done well in the playoffs? At this point, if the team from this weak ass division ends up being the Phillies they will most likely be on a hot streak when the playoffs start (otherwise they ain't getting in)

teams do well when they have the players. the phillies, braves and nationals do not. record is meaningless for how you get in. who is going to carry this average phils team? they are 18th in offense, 21st in pitching, 21st in fielding.

in 2012, the tigers were 9th in pitching, 11th in offense. giants, 7th in pitching, 12th in offense.

in 2011, the cards were 12th in pitching, 5th in offense. texas, pitching 13th, offense 3rd.

in 2010, giants were 17th in offense, 1st in pitching. texas, pitching 10th, offense 5th.

point being.. hot streak or not.. you see what you get from games like today. a bunch of overmatched, mediocre offensive players looking like complete shit against a top dog like harvey. even brown.. what is he now, something like 0-9 with 7 strikeouts against him? it's a joke.

rollins, ruiz, mayberry, the young's, howard.. they're not going to hit the pitching a playoff team throws out. and who is going to stop these top offensive teams as well? you see what hamels and lee just did against the mets. kendrick as well. papelbon? might as well shit your pants before he even throws a pitch.

i understand what you're trying to say with the "anything can happen" view that a lot of people take up with baseball.. but we don't have the players. that's the sad way it is. the 2008 phils, for example, certainly did. vic? werth? burrell? utley, howard and rollins in their prime? great defense? a .300 hitting dobbs? sure.. just get the hell in any way you can. and they did.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all of your frustrations, but this little run they were on got you all hyped for nothing. It was clear from the start of the year that the Phillies just were not that good. Phillies are indeed a mediocre team. Floating around .500, but the Braves and Nats are above. They are just not playing well right now.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

shit pushed in? sounds like somebody was watching training day on tnt last night

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLHtxRzu6KQ]Have you ever had your shit pushed in? - YouTube[/ame]

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams do well when they have the players. the phillies, braves and nationals do not. record is meaningless for how you get in. who is going to carry this average phils team? they are 18th in offense, 21st in pitching, 21st in fielding.

in 2012, the tigers were 9th in pitching, 11th in offense. giants, 7th in pitching, 12th in offense.

in 2011, the cards were 12th in pitching, 5th in offense. texas, pitching 13th, offense 3rd.

in 2010, giants were 17th in offense, 1st in pitching. texas, pitching 10th, offense 5th.

point being.. hot streak or not.. you see what you get from games like today. a bunch of overmatched, mediocre offensive players looking like complete shit against a top dog like harvey. even brown.. what is he now, something like 0-9 with 7 strikeouts against him? it's a joke.

rollins, ruiz, mayberry, the young's, howard.. they're not going to hit the pitching a playoff team throws out. and who is going to stop these top offensive teams as well? you see what hamels and lee just did against the mets. kendrick as well. papelbon? might as well shit your pants before he even throws a pitch.

i understand what you're trying to say with the "anything can happen" view that a lot of people take up with baseball.. but we don't have the players. that's the sad way it is. the 2008 phils, for example, certainly did. vic? werth? burrell? utley, howard and rollins in their prime? great defense? a .300 hitting dobbs? sure.. just get the hell in any way you can. and they did.

hopefully, m young is as good as gone, and asche or franco gets called up. probably asche. or frandsen starts. either way our offense and defense is getting a major boost, along with our farm system. a 3/4/5 of utley, brown, ruf is pretty good, if that's what charlie wants to go with. not saying that the lineup is murderer's row, but it's decent.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but obviously for them to get in those rankings in pitching, offense, defense will be improved. Who is going to be the driving force-I don't know, it doesn't matter for this discussion. If they get in they will be a better team than they are now. Who is going to carry them in the playoffs- I don't know, maybe Ruf gets hot like he did in the minors last year, maybe brown or Utley. Maybe Lee or Hamels throws a gem or 2. They have proven they can win a short series against a good team. You don't need to win 6 in a row in the playoffs, just one more game than the team you're playing.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, both Atlanta and Washington lost again. Atlanta is on a two-game slide like us and the Nats are on a three-game slide. We head to the St Louis series not looking very consistent and our pitching... ...anybody could say just about say anything and it would fit. Our bats are just as inconsistent. This thread title is very appropriate here.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the first week of June the Marlins have the best record in the NL East, with something like 21-17. Gotta love this division!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what i'm talking about rique'. the phils do not have the players, hot or not. the cards can score 3+ runs just about every game they face them, while the phils can easily be shut down. i'd be very surprised if the braves win their series against them at home. they don't have the players either. and how lucky are the nats? blowing a 4 run lead in the 9th yesterday, but escaped losing their 7th in a row.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still pretty funny how the nationals were picked to win 100+ games this season by almost everybody.

i had them pegged as the 2008 phils.. but man, they suck. no real options at 4th and 5th in the rotation, inconsistent offense, inconsistent overall play.