• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This team is embarassing

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully expected with Mesz being held out that a trade was about to be announced. The problem is, I don't know that I really trust Homer at this point to make positive hockey trades. Dumping Mesz's contract would be nice to give the team some flexibility, but realistically that is not going to right the ship.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early for all of the "blow this team up" nonsense. Despite the record, I don't think we've played very poorly. We outplayed Toronto in game 1, and we outplayed Detroit tonight, but didn't end up on the right side of the scorecard.

Our biggest issue right now isn't talent -- it's (1) discipline, and (2) confidence. Rinaldo and Rosehill have no business ever being on the ice -- they do nothing but take stupid penalties and put us on the PK. Kick those two shitbricks to the curb, and leave Raffl and either McGinn/VandeVelde on the main roster. On top of that, we need to move either Coburn or Mez for whatever we can get, and keep Gust up.

I think those moves alone will dramatically change this team for the better.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get rid of Rosehill, newbury,and maybe Hall
Bring up Laughton, keep mcginn

Im not sure is this is even possible with cap shit but

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
get rid of Rosehill, newbury,and maybe Hall
Bring up Laughton, keep mcginn

Im not sure is this is even possible with cap shit but

Can't bring up Laughton now, but I agree with the premise.

I wouldn't mind seeing Akeson too.. Maybe spark the offense a little?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2010 Flyers team was loaded, much like the Hawks and Kings are right now.

So many guys from that team are now gone. van Riemsdyk, Richards, Carter, Pronger, Carle. I'm sure I'm missing someone.

I think the biggest void fromt he 2009-10 Flyers is Chris Pronger. If he didn't get hurt, I don't think the Flyers would be having so many problems clearing the puck out of their own zone and keeping the puck in their other team's zone. Even tho he's old, he would probably still be the Flyers' best dman if he didn't get hurt. Pronger was a game changer with his size alone.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be worst you could be the Rangers.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that the Flyers & Rangers are in the Metro where the winless Devils set the median for points in the division.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news is that the Flyers & Rangers are in the Metro where the winless Devils set the median for points in the division.

Except they still have more points then both the Rangers and Flyers

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but just wait, just wait till they get the offense going......Homer took a team that was a step away from the crown to now the laughing stock of the league yet "she" still has a job??? I don't get it, there are two people in this world who can be wrong 80% of the time and still have a job, the weatherman & Homer! I just don't get it, why doesn't Snyder grow a set instead of cowering to Homer?? Must have some good photos hidden somewhere!

You really think this team is going to average 1.33 goals per game all season long? That's going to at least double at some point, even without Hartnell and Lecavalier. Gus actually looked real good out there last night and somehow two of the three new additions to the roster scored a goal...which is kind of silly and ironic when you think about it...lol

Unfortunately the Red Wings were way overdue on the power play and they put on a clinic. However, I'm still left wondering how a guy as big, slow and old as Todd fucking Bertuzzi sneaks up on Emery for that first wraparound goal and then nearly had a breakaway later in the game when he did the same to Coburn, who just about dropped it to him in the defensive zone. I thought Emery was just not up to par and we obviously took far too many penalties.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you haven't read Bill Meltzer this am, do it. Good read.

This "team" is not a team as much as a collection of players. Where we saw flashes of improvement last night were Raffle and McGinn enthusiastically playing within the system that Berube is trying to install. If you get a team to buy in, you can look good playing a passive 0-4-1 forecheck. If you don't...nothing will work.

The Flyers tradition of being tougher than everyone at the expense of skill/penalties be damned...it doesn't work anymore. It hasn't for years.

I feel a fresh thread coming....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR was a bit of an enigma and they needed D badly so I'm not down on that trade. Luke brings toughness and we shouldn’t expect more than a stay at home dman. Anything more exposes his flaws. If he's close to Adam Foote later in his career we shouldn’t complain.

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the reason for trading JVR was to upgrade the D but I think the point people are making is that we give up on young players too soon. Throw the names Sharp and Lupul out there also as guys we could use right now. It's pretty sad to look at the stats and see a 19 year old rookie with one less goal then our entire team. And he has played one less game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of off topic, but imagine being a Sabre fan right now. 0 wins, 1 point, being outscored by Hertl 7-6 in spite of playing a game more.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh at the posts saying we gave up on JVR to early. He was with our organization for 6 years thats right 6 years. How long are you going to wait for a number 2 pick to produce.i also have to laugh at everyone trying to tout him as the next big time player in the league because he has 5 goals. In case anyone forgot he had 5 early goals last season and still managed to finish 65th in the league in points so please enough with the JVR BS. If anything you should hate him for going to another team and playing better than he did here.We got a solid defenseman back in that trade in Schenn.Lets worry about our own players instead of another teams.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up boys. It looks like we are battling w the Sabres for the 1st overall draft pick. I wish this happened last season w Seth Jones or MacKinnon. Plenty of time to turn things around, but it better happen soon.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up boys. It looks like we are battling w the Sabres for the 1st overall draft pick. I wish this happened last season w Seth Jones or MacKinnon. Plenty of time to turn things around, but it better happen soon.

this year's draft class will be pretty good too.. ekblad (D) and reinhart (C, brother's griffin and max were both 1st rounders too i believe) are probably just as good if not better than jones and mackinnon... william nylander (LW, michael's son) is supposedly pretty solid too

too early to start on this though ;)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its to early hope Gee gets back on track and lifts this team with the youngsters coming up and injecting life into this team.

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to laugh at the posts saying we gave up on JVR to early. He was with our organization for 6 years thats right 6 years. How long are you going to wait for a number 2 pick to produce.i also have to laugh at everyone trying to tout him as the next big time player in the league because he has 5 goals. In case anyone forgot he had 5 early goals last season and still managed to finish 65th in the league in points so please enough with the JVR BS. If anything you should hate him for going to another team and playing better than he did here.We got a solid defenseman back in that trade in Schenn.Lets worry about our own players instead of another teams.

JVR was only 23 when we traded him so I think it's fair to say we gave up on him early. The point is not specifically about JVR but that we get rid of young players too soon and now we are stuck with a bunch of guys who can't score while those players are lighting the lamp for other teams.