• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may have already been discussed here

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think it will be an issue if the 49ers get back to the Superbowl this year, which is in New Jersey in midwinter? What if they are playing a cold weather team like Denver or New England? Kind of a screw job for them...

I guess there's not much to say about it, it is what it is, just curious if the fans here cared much about it.

:scratch:

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think it will be an issue if the 49ers get back to the Superbowl this year, which is in New Jersey in midwinter? What if they are playing a cold weather team like Denver or New England? Kind of a screw job for them...

I guess there's not much to say about it, it is what it is, just curious if the fans here cared much about it.

Please see 49ers at Patriots from last year. That game was played in a freezing rain storm.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers with their stout defense and punishing running game should be a team that does well in cold weather. The problem I see is getting back to the SuperBowl as NFC Champions; that is rarely done. We can worry about the cold weather at that time.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers with their stout defense and punishing running game should be a team that does well in cold weather. The problem I see is getting back to the SuperBowl as NFC Champions; that is rarely done. We can worry about the cold weather at that time.

agree, and even before that.....winning the West.

history has shown the losing SB team doesn't do well the next season. then on top of that the early schedule is very tough. i'm already preparing for a possible "poor" start first five games, the question is if they can stay in it games 6 to 16?

it is easy for a team on a 'losing streak' to fall apart, pressure out.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree, and even before that.....winning the West.

history has shown the losing SB team doesn't do well the next season. then on top of that the early schedule is very tough. i'm already preparing for a possible "poor" start first five games, the question is if they can stay in it games 6 to 16?

it is easy for a team on a 'losing streak' to fall apart, pressure out.

Agreed. That is my worry about those first 5 games and why I started that thread. Its easier for a team on a roll to stay hot than one in a funk to get hot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worried, Im from Jersey so I hope they make it so I can go.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

San Francisco 49ers vs. New England Patriots - Box Score - December 16, 2012 - ESPN

12003136-large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What if they are playing a cold weather team like Denver or New England? Kind of a screw job for them...

Why? The Niners are a power running team. That actually goes towards their advantage if it's bad weather.