• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may be Randy Gregory's last game as a Cowboy

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL: "there is no such thing as bad publicity....unless it's about concussions, we don't like to talk about that"

I honestly believe the NFL could give a shit less whether they receive positive or negative coverage as long as the spot light is on the league.

And consequently - will milk this damn thing (if they actually have anything to begin with) as long as they can.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and I say if Gregory had a relapse that’s sad truly it is.
However i put Adam Schefter and Jason Laconfora in the category of scumbags they should not be allowed to spread rumors and innuendo from “sources” without some blowback both financially and professionally.
If you have a source name it or shut the fuck up!
The pussys in the NFL office should also do some pushing back also instead of letting the players be they innocent or guilty blow in the wind like plastic trash bags.
Another example of Herr Goodell and band of bozo’s covering for some owners who are to afraid to tell it like it is.
The NFLPA owns this nonsense too because they are incompetent when it comes to negotiating a Labor agreement that allows players to be banned for smoking weed but will allow pharmaceutical narcotics be used every Sunday across the NFL.

JMHO

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare that I agree with Jerry. But him stating that he didn’t want to talk to reporters about Randy Gregory when here is nothing he can say regarding whatever “sources” are implying is probably the best approach. Here’s hoping he keeps this up for the next 16 weeks... even if Randy Gregory is proven innocent of these “sources” accusations.

Because - in reality, I would prefer not hearing from Jerry about anything. Period.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rare that I agree with Jerry. But him stating that he didn’t want to talk to reporters about Randy Gregory when here is nothing he can say regarding whatever “sources” are implying is probably the best approach. Here’s hoping he keeps this up for the next 16 weeks... even if Randy Gregory is proven innocent of these “sources” accusations.

Because - in reality, I would prefer not hearing from Jerry about anything. Period.

I agree. The day we never have to hear Jerry speak again, will be a great day for cowboy fans.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If and I say if Gregory had a relapse that’s sad truly it is.
However i put Adam Schefter and Jason Laconfora in the category of scumbags they should not be allowed to spread rumors and innuendo from “sources” without some blowback both financially and professionally.
If you have a source name it or shut the fuck up!
The pussys in the NFL office should also do some pushing back also instead of letting the players be they innocent or guilty blow in the wind like plastic trash bags.
Another example of Herr Goodell and band of bozo’s covering for some owners who are to afraid to tell it like it is.
The NFLPA owns this nonsense too because they are incompetent when it comes to negotiating a Labor agreement that allows players to be banned for smoking weed but will allow pharmaceutical narcotics be used every Sunday across the NFL.

JMHO

They can’t name their sources. That’s key in their profession

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can’t name their sources. That’s key in their profession
Agree, but also key to making shit up sometimes or running with a story well before they should based on rumors or whispers that don't have to have any basis in fact

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but also key to making shit up sometimes or running with a story well before they should based on rumors or whispers that don't have to have any basis in fact

Yeah... they are soooooo desperate to break a story sometimes they miss and it sucks to be the target when they’re wrong. Any news on Gregory?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... they are soooooo desperate to break a story sometimes they miss and it sucks to be the target when they’re wrong. Any news on Gregory?
he is still in concussion protocol.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news is good news. But he also has a concussion now

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No news is good news. But he also has a concussion now
Everytime I see this thread added too, I say "Oh' Shit".

I agree no news is good news, I just wish the NFL Ofiice will either confirm or deny something. Letting this just blow in the wind is BS.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears the reports from Shefter and LaConfora were bogus. No new reports have surfaced regarding Gregory since. Getting harder and harder all the time to trust these sports reporters these days. Shefter especially -- that guy pumps so much bull shit it's not even funny anymore.

More importantly let's talk about Randy Gregory's lack of performance to this point in his NFL career. Now I understand that Gregory has had multiple interruptions that have precluded him from playing for extended periods of time, but I think it's time to start pointing out that Gregory has not contributed much of anything at all in his 17 games as a Cowboy over parts of 3 different seasons. In 17 games Gregory has registered 1 sack, and as best I can find only 5 QB hits in that entire time, in addition to 16 solo tackles and 5 assisted tackles as well. That is abysmal performance no matter how one tries to rationalize it. And this guy was handed a starting spot.

I'll admit I bought back into the hype this preseason, but I'm ready for the coaching staff to bury Gregory on the bench and make him earn any future playing time. I think Taco has earned the right to start at RDE over Greogry.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a little bit of smoke here though wasn't there? I don't remember exactly but it came out that he disappeared for a while and supposedly no one knew where he was and also some issue with his "guardian" or whatever you call him. Plus the team didn't really deny the claims in a strong way. They gave a weak "we aren't told until everyone else hears" response. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small (maybe very small) issue that the league wanted to look into and ultimately didn't act on.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a little bit of smoke here though wasn't there? I don't remember exactly but it came out that he disappeared for a while and supposedly no one knew where he was and also some issue with his "guardian" or whatever you call him. Plus the team didn't really deny the claims in a strong way. They gave a weak "we aren't told until everyone else hears" response. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a small (maybe very small) issue that the league wanted to look into and ultimately didn't act on.

Didn't he disappear for a drug screening or something and the Boys were hush hush but it was really just something that the league is going to do from time to time?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The supposed incident was from a month before that. It was never clear if it was a scheduled compliance meeting or whether it was to discuss a possible infraction. All that matters is he is still here and I hope even more for his sake than for our sake that he can stay that way