• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This may be Randy Gregory's last game as a Cowboy

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Shefter reported on Sunday countdown that Gregory had a "substance-related" relapse in August, NFL to rule next week.

This might be it for Gregory. In recent weeks the Jones' have been very careful with how they have spoken about Gregory's status with the team and league. Jason LaCanfora seems to have been right on this one when he tweeted about potential trouble looming for Gregory - in which case I was wrong and need to STFU.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hate to hear that. He really looked like he is trying to make things right. His parents seemed to be involved. He spoke about his little girl. This is awful.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the league just has to suspend him, right? How about they give him 4 games and he appeals until Irving comes back???
I'm basing this on the comment in the above article pasted below because normally I'd say he's gone for at least a year:

"Perhaps the initial report was correct in the wording though, specifically in the world “could.” Schefter notes that the NFL, surprisingly, has become more tolerant of drug violations, especially among players who have dealt with addiction issues as Gregory has noted he has."

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Hate to hear that. He really looked like he is trying to make things right. His parents seemed to be involved. He spoke about his little girl. This is awful.

Addiction is a mother fucker

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when I read this earlier my first thought was feeling bad for him, whereas normally in these cases my first thought is how it affects the team. We can get by without him, but this can be disastrous for his life if he gets suspended LT. He may "snap"

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the league just has to suspend him, right? How about they give him 4 games and he appeals until Irving comes back???
I'm basing this on the comment in the above article pasted below because normally I'd say he's gone for at least a year:

"Perhaps the initial report was correct in the wording though, specifically in the world “could.” Schefter notes that the NFL, surprisingly, has become more tolerant of drug violations, especially among players who have dealt with addiction issues as Gregory has noted he has."

Unfortunately this would be Gregory's third strike. I think that means permaban. Or at least he will now be in Aldon Smith - Josh Gordon territory.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sources in Dallas thought the league would decide whether to discipline Gregory last week, before Sunday's regular-season opener against the Carolina Panthers, but the league still is studying the case and factoring in the steps that Gregory has taken over the past month since his setback.

More and more, in one of the interesting and quiet trends around the league, the NFL has become more tolerant when a player violates the drug policy. It has softened its stance on drug policy perpetrators. There have been multiple examples this offseason of a player having a disputed test, with the league emphasizing treatment and support rather than discipline, which was one of the NFLPA's goals when the policy was reconfigured in 2014.

Within the past year, the NFL has recognized that addiction is best treated in ways other than suspending players. Gregory is the latest example, though he still faces a key ruling from the NFL that could come as early as this week.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. He was looking so good in the preseason, I was excited to see this guy back in the fold, and expected to see him wreak havoc in the regular season. I'm not even a Cowboy fan and this frustrates the shit out of me.

Randy, for the love of Christ, it's fucking pot! How in the FUCK is it this hard for you to stop smoking??! You have an opportunity to earn wages that 99.9% of America will never, in their wildest dreams, have the chance to earn. FUCK!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought this was a great pick for the Boys, he was certainly worth the risk where they took him IMO. Obviously I was wrong.

The NFL policy is archaic and I look for this to change with the new CBA. If that does I wonder if guys like Gregory would now be eligible to return.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. No point in beating this dead horse.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unbelievable. He was looking so good in the preseason, I was excited to see this guy back in the fold, and expected to see him wreak havoc in the regular season. I'm not even a Cowboy fan and this frustrates the shit out of me.

Randy, for the love of Christ, it's fucking pot! How in the FUCK is it this hard for you to stop smoking??! You have an opportunity to earn wages that 99.9% of America will never, in their wildest dreams, have the chance to earn. FUCK!
The NFL was talking before his reinstatement he had had his last chance and if he relapsed again he would receive a lifetime ban. I would say he's done as a player

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL was talking before his reinstatement he had had his last chance and if he relapsed again he would receive a lifetime ban. I would say he's done as a player

So the decision is out of our hands.

Do we ever recover any money spent on guys who do this type of shit?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now apparently Gregory and multiple Cowboys players (like they would know) are calling the Shefter report bogus. Strange situation.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish someone from the NFL will say something, one way or another.
NFL Office has been mum on the issue, and Cowboys front office is saying they know nothing.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish someone from the NFL will say something, one way or another.
NFL Office has been mum on the issue, and Cowboys front office is saying they know nothing.

Exactly! Truth is the Cowboys shouldn't know anything as this is a "League Office" issue. But we keep hearing from Schefter and Rapaport and their "sources". The League Office could clarify (re.: stop) this shit right now.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly! Truth is the Cowboys shouldn't know anything as this is a "League Office" issue. But we keep hearing from Schefter and Rapaport and their "sources". The League Office could clarify (re.: stop) this shit right now.

NFL: "there is no such thing as bad publicity....unless it's about concussions, we don't like to talk about that"

I honestly believe the NFL could give a shit less whether they receive positive or negative coverage as long as the spot light is on the league.