• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why you don't "Suck for Luck"

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is a different board but back in the zero titles days on ESPN there was the lame "Suck for Luck" movement. We on this game because all the guys went out there and dominated their match-ups instead of hoping that one guy could carry us to the promised land. Everyone on the roster executed at 100% today and playing to win when they all knew it was a throw-away season played a part in it.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking A right!

Malcolm Smith won MVP. Was he? That's up for debate. The TEAM was MVP.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole defense should have gotten the MVP today.

Yup. This wasn't the Richard Sherman show, or the Earl Thomas show, or the Russell Wilson Show, or the Marshawn Lynch show.

It was the Seahawks Show.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for penalties, there was not one player on this team that made a real mistake. The TEAM played as one and dominated the Denver Mannings, the one man football show.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking A right!

I like Smith for MVP (he deserved it), but I thought it was either Wilson or Kearse. Wilson because he was just so good on thrid down, and that helped keep the D fresh and let them play their game (as usual). Kearse made several very big catches, and that's not even considering his TD catch. I did jokingly say that I thought it was the Broncos center for MVP, cause he's really what got the Hawks pumped up and going.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A case could have been made for giving Avril the MVP, but Smith ran one back for a TD, so I'm sure that's why they gave it to him. I liked the idea of giving it to the entire defense, but they still would have had to pick one guy to give the truck to, so they probably decided to make it easier on themselves and just give the MVP to one guy. To Smith's credit, he accepted the award on behalf of the entire defense.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking A right!

I was thinking Chancellor deserved it, but glad it was someone on the defense. LOB!!

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to dwell on the negative too much, but this thread took me back to after the 2011 season when the Seahawks went 7-9 again and there were actually calls for Carroll's job. There was that and the person who said the Seahawks would never win a championship with Wilson at quarterback (only this person didn't put it that nicely). I am so glad to be away from that old board. It was the worst.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill admit it, I had a spell of Suck for Luck back on espn before we had some Russell Wilson magic to right the rocking ship. Im glad to admit I was wrong on that specific front, but the idea at the time was to finally get an elite qb to make the team work. Turns out we got one in the 3rd round, but Andrew Luck looks to be one of those too.

Either way. We are Super Bowl champions and I wouldnt trade it for anything. I love the robot!