• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why you don't get cocky

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking somewhere around 21-6. I knew their pass rush would give us problems, but holy shit. I don't think any NFL fan thought the game was going to come down to a goal line stance.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew from the very beginning this was coming down to the wire…. We had NO intensity starting that game and were playing with no sense of urgency what so ever… I don't think we respected the Rams tonight and they almost knocked us on our butts…

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The taunting penalty is the stupidest penalty in all of sports. It's a man's game and if you can't handle a little taunting when you get burned then get the fuck off the field. I don't mind what Tate did. I hope he carries that confidence over to the next game and shows up another defensive backfield.

1) This isn't some new rule that was mistakenly broken. I believe its been in the books since at least 1994. So this isn't something like the Patriots unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that ended up costing them the game against the Jets. You may not like the rule, but it has been the rule for the majority of Golden Tate's life.

2) It is not a "man's game", it's a multi-billion dollar industry that has rules of conduct on the field to protect the product and the bottom line. As stated earlier, they have had rules like this in place for decades to keep the product appealing to a wide range of fans. If you can't abide by a minimum requirement of professionalism then you have to accept that your actions may cost your team at least 15 yards.

3) What should have been a great momentum play for the Seahawks, turned into a play that made things even worse. Even the celebration of the TD was muted by the penalty. Not only that, on the sideline, Tate looked like someone who was in a timeout, instead of a guy who just had the longest play from scrimmage for the team this season. There are 53 guys on the team that give everything the can (or as much as they're asked) and Tate decided that it was all about him and whatever had been happening between him and the Rams DBs.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The confidence is good and if he takes it into the rest of the season, great. Nobody is suggesting that he not be allowed to show emotion or that he has to play totally reserved, because that would be totally unfair and unrealistic to expect of him. There's a difference between that and taunting, though. You can do pretty much whatever you want, so long as it's not obscene, but whatever you do, you can't direct it at your opponent or you'll get called for taunting every time. If Rice can get called for taunting for spinning the ball at a defender's feet, then Tate can definitely get called for taunting for pointing at an opponent and making a "keep talking" gesture at him. You don't have to like the rule, but you do have to follow it or it'll cost your team 15 yards. It might be a "man's game", but a man should be able to hold his emotions in-check enough not to cost his team 15 yards and give the other team a better opportunity to score than they would have otherwise gotten on their own.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sooner or later all Hot Dogs get a little mustard

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense played great. The O struggled due to injuries and the fact the Rams have an excellent defensive line.

Another tough road win. Good teams win these.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The taunting penalty is the stupidest penalty in all of sports. It's a man's game and if you can't handle a little taunting when you get burned then get the fuck off the field. I don't mind what Tate did. I hope he carries that confidence over to the next game and shows up another defensive backfield.

My biggest question in this game is how the F does a run first team only attempt 15 rushes against arguably one of the worst run defenses in the league? I'll wait for my answer.....

I hear ya … It is pretty stupid that they somehow think players can't take a little taunting… I personally didn't like what Tate did because he could a fumbled the ball the way he was carrying it and celebrating 40 yards before the end zone… Also I think the league made the rules from guy's going to far like Owens who would score and pull a pen outta his sock or grab cheer leaders pom poms and start dancing… lol… That's one of the reasons I think they put the rules in there… BUT MAN they do go a little far with it when you see a player simply spin the ball on the ground now and there's a flag… NFL really needs to chill out…

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) This isn't some new rule that was mistakenly broken. I believe its been in the books since at least 1994. So this isn't something like the Patriots unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that ended up costing them the game against the Jets. You may not like the rule, but it has been the rule for the majority of Golden Tate's life.

2) It is not a "man's game", it's a multi-billion dollar industry that has rules of conduct on the field to protect the product and the bottom line. As stated earlier, they have had rules like this in place for decades to keep the product appealing to a wide range of fans. If you can't abide by a minimum requirement of professionalism then you have to accept that your actions may cost your team at least 15 yards.

3) What should have been a great momentum play for the Seahawks, turned into a play that made things even worse. Even the celebration of the TD was muted by the penalty. Not only that, on the sideline, Tate looked like someone who was in a timeout, instead of a guy who just had the longest play from scrimmage for the team this season. There are 53 guys on the team that give everything the can (or as much as they're asked) and Tate decided that it was all about him and whatever had been happening between him and the Rams DBs.

15 yard penalties are there for player safety. Taunting hurts NOONE unless you count feelings. Your response is typical and boring.
"We've always done it this way so no sense in changing anything."
In my opinion, the taunting penalty should go away. When you factor in "multi-bazillion dollar businesses" then you start to damage what football really is and that is a violent MAN'S game.
Way to number your responses, I'll remember to try to do that in the future....makes you look smart.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15 yard penalties are there for player safety. Taunting hurts NOONE unless you count feelings. Your response is typical and boring.
"We've always done it this way so no sense in changing anything."
In my opinion, the taunting penalty should go away. When you factor in "multi-bazillion dollar businesses" then you start to damage what football really is and that is a violent MAN'S game.
Way to number your responses, I'll remember to try to do that in the future....makes you look smart.

Again, you show your ignorance. We haven't always done it (I'm pretty sure that 1994 was some 60 years after the NFL started), and in nowhere in my post did I insinuate that the rule was a good one because it has been around. I stated it had been around, and thus he should have known better, and was extremely selfish of one player to so this in what is one of the most team oriented sports. I left the deduction as to whether it was a good rule up to someone else.

Your opinion that football is/should be a violent man's game means nothing, because that's not what it is in the NFL anymore. The NFL has changed with the times, and it isn't more evident than the in the roughing penalties (2 defenseless receiver calls against Seattle last night) and the concussion lawsuit. It is a multi-billion dollar industry that wants to remain a multi-billion dollar industry, so it regulates what it's players do. I'm not sure there is a sport that doesn't do that.

15 yard penalties are not for just those infractions that could cause injury. They are there for what the league deems can hurt the product on the field. Another example of a 15 yard penalty that isn't player safety is an illegal kick and other unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. They put 15 yards on conduct they think is detrimental to the game and they want to eliminate.

In the end, like the rule or not, it's the rule and the NFL is not going to do away with it. It is one of the most selfish things a player can do. This isn't getting over emotional during a play and letting it go too far and getting a personal foul. This is an intentional action to not only throw it into the face of the opposing players, but to bring attention solely upon the player taunting. It's 15 yards, and this kind of behavior has cost teams games, and could have cost the Seahawks last night. Thankfully it didn't last night, but why put your team in that situation to begin with?

Now, I thank you for thinking I am smart for using a 9th grade level writing tool. I am sure my english teacher will now feel validation for all the years he's spent teaching the skill to whiney freshmen.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't defend Tate.

I will.

He is young and admits he made a stupid mistake on many levels. He is a playmaker and I am glad he is on our team. If he proves he hasn't learned from this minor ordeal, then he will look much worse than he already does. Overall, a non event.

This is small stuff when compared to a guy like Aldon. Now that is a guy with all sorts of much bigger problems than Golden has exhibited.