• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is why you don't get cocky

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the team because I'm just a fan, but I know a lot of our fans were predicting a huge win here. Some had it at 40-0, okay maybe just one or two fans. None the less, several had this in the win category long before the coin toss. Call me superstitious but I think that brings negative mojo. St. Loo always plays us tough, especially at home. Hopefully this near loss serves as a wake up to the offense (O-line I'm talkin' to you) to play better.

On a side note I was extremely (x10) disappointed with Tate's needless mocking of a player he'd beat. What a sad, classless, stupid, team hurting act that was. Be a pro. No need for that pointing and taunting. High step in with your hands held high and do some stupid dance if you want, but you KNOW the rule about pointing at a player and taunting and you did it anyway. Carroll was pissed and I doubt you see Tate do it again, but that dude is a showboat so who knows. I love Tate but he needs to grow up and realize this ain't college, this is PRO football. Act like one.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in another thread that we seem to come out flat after a long layoff. It happened last year in Miami after the bye and we basically just had a bye and played flat today. Hopefully being at home during our actual bye will help.
Gotta keep in mind Chris Long and Robert Quinn killed us last year when our O-line was healthy so it was foolish to think this wouldnt be trouble.
Bevell had a horrible game in my opinion. Didnt attempt to move Russell out of the pocket. Screens, Draws should have been utilized.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted in another thread that we seem to come out flat after a long layoff. It happened last year in Miami after the bye and we basically just had a bye and played flat today. Hopefully being at home during our actual bye will help.
Gotta keep in mind Chris Long and Robert Quinn killed us last year when our O-line was healthy so it was foolish to think this wouldnt be trouble.
Bevell had a horrible game in my opinion. Didnt attempt to move Russell out of the pocket. Screens, Draws should have been utilized.

I agree that a healthier o-line or more designed roll outs would have helped. I can't figure out why Bevell and Carroll didn't stick a TE or even two TE's back there to help the OT's . It was pretty clear that MacQuiston and Bowie were getting murdered so they should have given some help with the blocking. The one major strength of St. Louis is their two DE's and we let them run a muck on our band aid O-line.

I'll take the W anyway we get it, but that game was seriously lacking in execution from our star players. Irvin, Thomas and Sherman get a pass, but the rest of the team was lackluster.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irvin had a monster game. Proving he is more then just pass rusher. Wish we knew how to draft OL as well as we draft the defense.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was one who went the big score. I didn't Tevo the game(alot of 8 o' clock recordings) but it's good that we won. I ws wondering why the score was low.

Guys Get off tate's back. We don't know what happened before the snap.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are also not the same team on the road, that you are at home. I took the rams plus the points tonight, and felt pretty good about it the whole way.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the team because I'm just a fan, but I know a lot of our fans were predicting a huge win here. Some had it at 40-0, okay maybe just one or two fans. None the less, several had this in the win category long before the coin toss. Call me superstitious but I think that brings negative mojo. St. Loo always plays us tough, especially at home. Hopefully this near loss serves as a wake up to the offense (O-line I'm talkin' to you) to play better.

On a side note I was extremely (x10) disappointed with Tate's needless mocking of a player he'd beat. What a sad, classless, stupid, team hurting act that was. Be a pro. No need for that pointing and taunting. High step in with your hands held high and do some stupid dance if you want, but you KNOW the rule about pointing at a player and taunting and you did it anyway. Carroll was pissed and I doubt you see Tate do it again, but that dude is a showboat so who knows. I love Tate but he needs to grow up and realize this ain't college, this is PRO football. Act like one.

Not only is it bad because it was unsportsmanlike, but such taunting exposes a player to greater risk of injury. Why slow down and give the defender a chance to hit you? Run fast and get into the end zone so that you don't take a hit. With how big, fast and strong players are nowadays even getting pushed out of bounds can lead to an injury.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was one who went the big score. I didn't Tevo the game(alot of 8 o' clock recordings) but it's good that we won. I ws wondering why the score was low.

Guys Get off tate's back. We don't know what happened before the snap.

It's unprofessional no matter what happened pre-snap. Let your play do the talking.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a problem with it because
1. Act like you've been there before
2. It almost caused him not to score because the defender almost caught him
3. It cost the team 15 yards, giving Austin a better shot at making a big play on the return

Just not smart football, especially in a game that close

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win's a win. Tate was probably catching s-talking from that member of a 3-4 team all game long and when he had his chance he talked back.

These are grown men and they don't need the babysitting rules that happen in college. Good for Tate for showing some swagger. God knows the rest of the team needed an attitude adjustment during the game. We were getting pounded by the Rams and F-ed by the refs. I'm glad he took the initiative and did what he did.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win's a win. Tate was probably catching s-talking from that member of a 3-4 team all game long and when he had his chance he talked back.

These are grown men and they don't need the babysitting rules that happen in college. Good for Tate for showing some swagger. God knows the rest of the team needed an attitude adjustment during the game. We were getting pounded by the Rams and F-ed by the refs. I'm glad he took the initiative and did what he did.

But he did it in a close game and gave a free 15 yards to a kick returner capable of taking it to the house. There's a difference between firing up your teammates/giving them an attitude adjustment and doing something stupid that could have cost your team the game. If he wants to flip a guy off while he's grabbing his nuts when the Hawks have a 30 point lead, I still wouldn't like it, but at least there would have been no danger of it costing the team the win. The best way to shut a guy up who insists on talking smack to you is to score on him. Tate did that. He didn't need to do anything else.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The taunting penalty is the stupidest penalty in all of sports. It's a man's game and if you can't handle a little taunting when you get burned then get the fuck off the field. I don't mind what Tate did. I hope he carries that confidence over to the next game and shows up another defensive backfield.

My biggest question in this game is how the F does a run first team only attempt 15 rushes against arguably one of the worst run defenses in the league? I'll wait for my answer.....

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't defend Tate. He has been a cocky prick all season long. I would not in the least bit be surprised that the only one trash talking before that play was him. He was a punk before this game, he was a punk tonight, and will continue to be a punk. If he is on our team next year I am gonna be ticked

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also predicted a big win because almost every team has run on them and that is our main offensive strength. Clearly Bevell wanted to "work on" some other things like getting RW killed.

I agree that Tate should keep his childish antics to himself. That isn't swagger, that is unproffessional BS and it doesn't matter what smack talk occurred before that play. You would never catch Larry Fitzgerald doing that shit.

I think Sidney is done and Tate needs to go unless he pulls it together. We need some real Wideouts.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't defend Tate. He has been a cocky prick all season long. I would not in the least bit be surprised that the only one trash talking before that play was him. He was a punk before this game, he was a punk tonight, and will continue to be a punk. If he is on our team next year I am gonna be ticked
I'll defend whoever I want....
You can have your opinion of Tate, I will have mine.

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate apologized after the game. said it will never happen again and I believe him. He made a great play, and if he wants to be like Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald don't try to be bigger than the game itself.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate apologized after the game. said it will never happen again and I believe him. He made a great play, and if he wants to be like Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald don't try to be bigger than the game itself.

lol at tate ever being able to carry calvin or larry's jock