• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is where Sabean and Evans make their money

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the draft which takes up so much of their time the month of July is where guys like Brian Sabean and Bobby Evans make their money.

The Giants need a bump and the scouts are out there for the Giants trying to find those few pieces that can push the Giants over the finish line in October. Sabean usually waits until the final moments of the trading deadline to pull off a deal but like last year when Pagan went out I don't think the brass can wait.

In my opinion Sabean waited too long and the team went down the drain last year. Sabean can not repeat the 2013 plan. He has to move soon or the Dodgers are going to roll right over the top of them and smile while they are doing it.

This team needs a bump and they owe it not only the the players but to the fans to do something and not wait until it's too late. I am not panicking ....but this team needs a bump.

It's time for Sabean and Evans to make their money and get their ass's in gear.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason very few trades occur in June or early July.

Sellers are not sellers yet. And the sellers that ARE sellers are in the "Sell VERY HIGH" mode, which means we would need to part with Crick and/or Susac to get a util infielder.

Just because the Giants want/need something does not mean that the other teams will comply.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning it All

I got a chance to meet Brian Sabean ....oh man, it had to be at least 15 years ago in San Mateo at a TJ Max store. Man, I was standing there looking around and there he was wandering around looking at discount clothes and all I could think of was shit does'nt this guy have a tailor or something as the GM of the Giants. I stood there and just said cool he is just like one of us working stiffs.

He made his way over to me and we started to talk football since I was wearing a Notre Dame Fighting Irish Sweatshirt which I so happened to buy at a TJ Max store. Anyway we started to talk baseball and I complimented him on the job he was doing for the Giants. We talked for just a few minutes but after talking to him I thought hey he cares about the team and would be just fine from that day out.

When he made the Matt Williams trade and Kent and some others came over people were ripping him hard but I laid back to see how it would turn out. I thought he had a good head on his shoulders and hey he was taking a shot. I liked that he was pro active and did his own thing and was willing to shake it up.

He got the Giants to the 2002 WS and should of won it but we all know what happened there. :gaah::doh:

The only time I ever really challenged him was when the Giants had no one really hitting behind Bonds and the Giants failed to go after Vlad Guerrero . He called us the Lunatic Fringe but I know now he did'nt have the call on that one. Sabean worked for the Giants and he has to answer to the owners and their little meetings where they tell him what they are willing to spend. I blame the owners for not going for it and stepping on Sabean's power as a GM.

Nothing is easy and the behind the scenes bullshit would make most fans perplexed. Sabean is the longest tenured GM in MLB. He has won two WS now and should have three in his back pocket (2002) :gaah::doh:

Sabean just turned 58 July 1st and he is facing big decisions coming up soon here around the trading deadline. He knows the fans want something done and I really believe he will convince those owners who ever they are. Another pet peeve of mine where the Giants owners sit in the background and fill their coffers with cold hard cash the fans have put on the line. I know Steinbrenner was a little nutz but he was a winner and he stood out front taking all the abuse from passionate Yankee fans. He wanted to win every year and he backed it up with his bucks. Steinbrenner was a all in guy and for that I respected him.

The Giants have a chance to take this pot down this year by going all in and that's all the fans want. Just give us a chance to go for the Championship and we will scream our ass's off and buy the gear and the fries and whatever else is out there to buy. The fans have filled their obligation to the team the past two years especially and now we want that All Together now stuff to be real on the management side of things.

We can win this damn thing so loosen up the wallet and lets go for it. If it takes a few prospects I really don't care. Today is for Champions and tomorrow my ass will have more wrinkles in it. Seize the day and if Sabean can do it he and Bochy are headed to Cooperstown guaranteed. By the way I don't see him at TJ Max anymore so maybe his wife talked him into getting some higher grade clothes. Gotta look good for the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown.

Another WS Championship would be a hellava birthday present for Sabes so let's light these candles back up and we can all eat cake on the Market street parade route.

Happy belated Birthday Brian Sabean...make a wish...here we go.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Here is a song for Sabes .

John Spinks of the Outfield just passed away R.I.P.

So here is our rally song .

The Outfield -Winning It All

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason very few trades occur in June or early July.

Sellers are not sellers yet. And the sellers that ARE sellers are in the "Sell VERY HIGH" mode, which means we would need to part with Crick and/or Susac to get a util infielder.

Just because the Giants want/need something does not mean that the other teams will comply.

Man, there would be tzill to pay if this ever happened.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indeed. OTOH, I'm on record for being one of the sellers now, so there's that.

Presumably you don't want to sell youngsters like Susac though.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.

I was not trying to get involved in that pissing match. I was commenting on actual Giants news...

Take it easy, homey...we're past that. I wasn't needling, honest post.

Do you think Posey is available? Or MadBum?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy, homey...we're past that. I wasn't needling, honest post.

Do you think Posey is available? Or MadBum?

Posey is untradeable (his contract -- and not a bad thing, just that there isn't much "value" with him).

Bum has LOTS of value, and if the Giants could pack the system with tons of top-flight talent AND get a controllable #3, then, yes. He is available. They are not looking to dump him, though. A kings ransom would be required.