• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is just bad

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First point: Sorry for not being around. The lockout (not strike) really pissed me off and the last thing I wanted was to be reminded of how much I love hockey by hanging here...

Second Point: This team is bad. It is not a matter of missing one or two players. It is a a bad team. You cannot tell me that Mez and Hartnell will suddenly make this team a contender. They are too weak on the blue line and have too few real NHL wingers.

What is worse is that I can realistically see Homer trading Laughton for an over the hill slow goon defenseman ....since that is his MO.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just so sloppy, and it appears that Lavy has lost this team. The shuffling of lines is actually embarrassing, especially considering that Lavy continues to break up what appears to be successful lines that could form chemistry. This is Jon Stevens redux.

I am heading the Tank For Jones campaign. I really hope Homer is not buying at the deadline, and selling would actually get me excited. If we can trade fit additional 1sts in 2013 without trading the nucleus, do it.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First point: Sorry for not being around. The lockout (not strike) really pissed me off and the last thing I wanted was to be reminded of how much I love hockey by hanging here...

Second Point: This team is bad. It is not a matter of missing one or two players. It is a a bad team. You cannot tell me that Mez and Hartnell will suddenly make this team a contender. They are too weak on the blue line and have too few real NHL wingers.

What is worse is that I can realistically see Homer trading Laughton for an over the hill slow goon defenseman ....since that is his MO.

Lol. Good to see u wbon. I'm with you. I was watching over on the ESZpN gamecast and mentioned this and I got crucified. Everyone was telling me to be a Rangers or Devs fan. Lol. We will not make the playoffs.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about tank it for Jones...but I really think that:
a) Lavvy has lost the team
b) Homer and Lavvy are not on the same page

Watching how Lavvy took apart lines just as they started to jell and keeps running lines/players out shift after shift....As someone who has coached sports (not at the NHL level but I have coached) there is a point where you come up with your lineup and let it play...you change your D or your PP or PK, but you don't keep ripping up your lines.

I don't know what Homer is doing. He is not building a team as there is no cohesion or sense of purpose to the moves. Trade away JvR, loose Jagr and Carle to Free Agency. That netted us Schenn. Period....look at the locker room loss, the scoring points lost. Has Schenn been fun. Does he hit, yes. But he does not move the puck like Carle. Then there is the loss of Jagr and JvR...(shaking head).

It is really getting to the point when there needs to be a change in who/how hockey decisions are made in Flyerdom. Clarke and Homer made and make similar decisions. Is it time for a new perspective? I am thinking it is...but that is just MHO

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy bro. Eeeeeasy. lol

Homer tried every trick in the book this past off season to add quality at every position. Its not his fault that those players decided to sign with another team. You also can't blame him because he didn't want to part with any of his young bucks just to make a trade either.

As for Jagr.....that guy was pretty damn awesome for most of the year but was totally spent 10 games or so BEFORE the playoffs even started. Sure, he'll still show signs of his past greatness here and there but he doesn't have the legs anymore.

Carle? Everyone knew he was leaving town the very first chance he got and he did. Homer threw a reasonable contract at him but he balked and split anyways.

Lavy? I agree. I didn't think so 2 weeks ago, but lately I have to admit, he has looked dead lost.

So, whats the answer? Hell if I know, but I say we all need to learn how to relax and accept the cards that we have and make the best of them. Let this season play itself out. Let the young guys expose themselves for what they really are, THEN in the off season make the appropriate changes.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I agree that the game at Montreal was one of the worst our boys have played in years, they never left New Jersey and simply weren't ready to play another game so soon. We lost that game 4-1 and it should've been more like 8-0. But, that's how it is right now in the Nhl. If you don't come ready to play on any given night, you're going to potentially get spanked, no matter who you're playing.

Altogether, I think the team is much better than that one game showed us, they are just wildly inconsistent right now. Once G and Briere get it going to solidify the offense and we get healthy as a team, we are going to be good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilflyer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that when G called out his team for lack of effort last night, they won 7-0. May have been the islanders but hey they all worked as a team and came out on top. I think if they continue the "work hard" ethic, then we will see a diffrent team. Hope we roll that in to pitts because I would love to see them blast them.
When we do get healthy I believe the teams spirit will rise and move forward and do alot better. Bryz has been a beast and Briere has been clutch when he needed to be. G has finally woke up.
Worried?? Not at all. lets see where this goes.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Flyers

Big game vs Pitt

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go Flyers

Big game vs Pitt

Yep huge game to turn things around. I'm not going to panic yet but they need some consistency. Db and G look to be fired up good sign.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've seen the very best and the very worst out of our team in JUST the last TWO games. Rarely does that ever happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This is a good team once G and Briere get it going and that's exactly what happened in the last game. Our two best centers led and everyone else followed. It was a complete team effort and we saw the passion that was missing in the game at Montreal.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone tell me how this team has had so many flat/bad starts to games and periods? How do they have so many too many men on the ice penalties?

It is just mind boggling....