• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This gap is too damn long

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is perfect the way it is.

Yea I agree. Maybe for some it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but the badgers (as an example) played late sunday. Probably got home well after midnight, and then have to fly out to LA to play Thursday. So as it is, Monday is recuperation, Tuesday=practice and fly to LA, wednesday is practice thursday game. Cutting one of those days out would be sorta shitty, and would ruin it IMO. Especially if they are playing a team that had its 2nd game on a saturday.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Wisconsin people were bitching that all the other teams in the West played on Saturday and had an extra day off and then have to play on Thursday instead of Friday.

They got home from Sundays game at 1am on Monday morning and then were on a plane at 8pm that same Monday to get out to LA. So they will have 2 days of practice Tues and Wed so there isnt 5 days for all the teams.

The 3 other West teams played on Saturday so had an extra day off

You would think they would make each region all have the same amount of days of rest

probably should have read your post before I posted... everything you said is correct.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even more unnecessary is the gap between this weekends games and the final 4.

Then we get the final 4 and finals played in a football arena which provides absolutely no environment for basketball.

FantasyBelowZero

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then we get the final 4 and finals played in a football arena which provides absolutely no environment for basketball.

I totally agree. They just do the Final Four in a football arena to sell more tickets, and some of the seats really suck and are far removed from the actual basketball court. If you want a good environment, have it in an actual basketball stadium.

In my opinion, they should have it in MSG because who wants to see the Knicks play anyway. :lol:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just hate the fact that it seems difficult to shoot in most of those ftball arenas. it makes for some ugly final 4 games

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hate the fact that it seems difficult to shoot in most of those ftball arenas. it makes for some ugly final 4 games
Yes and the ball just makes a thud sound when it bounces.

Absolutely kills the atmosphere. Really even playing these games in nba arenas ruins part of the atmosphere. I liked the tourney when it was played on college courts.

Play all rounds on college courts then final 4 and finals in nba arenas.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It almost has the same effect as the NHL games played outdoors. Something about the stadium being different affects the goalies and I imagine it does the same to the shooters.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this thread was gonna have a bunch of pictures of chicks with thigh gaps.

I am disappoint. :pout:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gonzaga vs UCLA gsme is ridiculous. Why again are these games played in nfl stadiums? Money? I see plenty of seats empty and they have to drawn a giant curtain around the arena...so how many more people they fit into these stadiums compared to 20k nba arenas?

These players look like table top monster players with the way the court is set up.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't even look like there is that much seating at the NRG stadium........the quality of game goes way down in these monstrous arenas.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The gap in-between the first two rounds & the Sweet 16 is a day too long, imo. Not only am I craving March Madness basketball right now, but giving teams this much time off in-between games could potentially kill some momentum.

I mean, is 5 days really necessary?? Wish tomorrow's games were today and Friday's were on Thursday.
Why are you so impatient? You sound like a dog in heat.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This gonzaga vs UCLA gsme is ridiculous. Why again are these games played in nfl stadiums? Money? I see plenty of seats empty and they have to drawn a giant curtain around the arena...so how many more people they fit into these stadiums compared to 20k nba arenas?

These players look like table top monster players with the way the court is set up.

Clearly "Big Curtain" has more power than we all imagined. It's the only explanation.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When the Final Four was in Detroit, Ford Field held 72k.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's odd they try and play the 2 rounds on the weekend. I forgot these kids don't have classes or anything. We wanna complain about student athletes not caring about the student part, but threads like this show we don't treat them like students, so why should they? I mean shit, they shouldn't have the school/work week off? LOL, come on now.