• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's great

DC, how did becomes a fan of the Pens ?

When I was a kid, hockey was the last of the 4 major sports I got into.. My brother and I would sometimes watch a game but never picked a team and nobody ever talked about hockey, none of our friends, living in Iowa it was never really a sport anyone got into... No hockey leagues growing up or anything like that. One day my brother asked me what my favorite team was and not really watching a ton of hockey I said the LA Kings because of Gretzky and he said that was his too. We have this thing where he and I always pick a different favorite team. Not that we hate the others team but we just want to be different. So we sort of left it at that because we weren't that into hockey so really didn't care if we both liked the Kings, whatever. We never watched anyway... Then my brother watched a Montreal Canadians game at my great grandma's as he was waiting for my mom to pick him up after school one day. He came home telling me how much he enjoyed watch a few hockey games. (Think it was hockey night on ESPN) and he was going to be a Canadians fan (ended up changing to Chicago when he realized he wanted to like a team in the US) and then he told me I should pick a team and start watching hockey with him... We agreed that neither of us would pick the Kings at this point so I picked the Pens because of Super Mario... The rest is history. I always end up liking the enforcers and players who get under the skin of their opponent. Loved Chris Tamer, Darius Kasparitis and Ulf Samuelsson growing up... On top of Mario and Jagr or course, Kevin Stevens, Ron Francis, etc... Loved Martin Straka and Shawn McEachern too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No minimum standards. See also, Cardinals fan, Iowa fan, friends with Steiner and myself, friends with no benefits with Mingo, friends with benefits with OC.

Ok, that was actually really funny.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penguins? Nah. Colorado Avs all the way!

My second team... When the Penguins nearly moved after the Mario./Jagr era I was preparing to become an Avs fan. Loved Claude Lemiuex, Adam Foote, Adam Deadmarsh and Stephan Yelle.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I was a kid, hockey was the last of the 4 major sports I got into.. My brother and I would sometimes watch a game but never picked a team and nobody ever talked about hockey, none of our friends, living in Iowa it was never really a sport anyone got into... No hockey leagues growing up or anything like that. One day my brother asked me what my favorite team was and not really watching a ton of hockey I said the LA Kings because of Gretzky and he said that was his too. We have this thing where he and I always pick a different favorite team. Not that we hate the others team but we just want to be different. So we sort of left it at that because we weren't that into hockey so really didn't care if we both liked the Kings, whatever. We never watched anyway... Then my brother watched a Montreal Canadians game at my great grandma's as he was waiting for my mom to pick him up after school one day. He came home telling me how much he enjoyed watch a few hockey games. (Think it was hockey night on ESPN) and he was going to be a Canadians fan (ended up changing to Chicago when he realized he wanted to like a team in the US) and then he told me I should pick a team and start watching hockey with him... We agreed that neither of us would pick the Kings at this point so I picked the Pens because of Super Mario... The rest is history. I always end up liking the enforcers and players who get under the skin of their opponent. Loved Chris Tamer, Darius Kasparitis and Ulf Samuelsson growing up... On top of Mario and Jagr or course, Kevin Stevens, Ron Francis, etc... Loved Martin Straka and Shawn McEachern too.
DC, you might have seen this already, but of not, it's great Penguins viewing

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackhawk fan here - Connor Bednard is the next super star.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pens' original home - The Civic Center aka The Igloo - was originally built in 1961 as the home of the Pittsburgh Civic Opera .. It was the first retractable roof major sports arena in the world

Shown here in 1962 for the opera

373492316-699654872207208-3904517046208858499-n.jpg

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking for a Helot living among the Hoodoos. If that's you - please signify.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon should win the Hart Trophy this year and it will cement his legacy, oh that and another cup! Those trade deadline acquisitions sure are making that look more possible. Great moves by the Avs.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP Chris Simon

Life after the NHL for the enforcers has not been good