• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many boxes of Thin Mints do I need to eat before I start seeing the results?

The world may never know.

Sweetest Day Vintage GIF by Clio Awards

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just booked a weekend trip to Austin, TX. First time there for me. Any tips on “must-sees” from those who are experienced?

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just booked a weekend trip to Austin, TX. First time there for me. Any tips on “must-sees” from those who are experienced?
I've never been to Austin, but I would definitely check out the statue of my all-time favorite electric guitarist, Stevie Ray Vaughan .. google has it at 210 Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail, Austin, TX 78704 ..

stevie-ray-TXAUSvaughan-kristam.jpg

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been to Austin, but I would definitely check out the statue of my all-time favorite electric guitarist, Stevie Ray Vaughan .. google has it at 210 Ann and Roy Butler Hike and Bike Trail, Austin, TX 78704 ..

stevie-ray-TXAUSvaughan-kristam.jpg
Love SRV! Excellent. Thanks, Lucas.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a "Must See" but I highly recommend partaking in some Franklin or Salt Lick BBQ while visiting. Torchy's Tacos is worth a visit too.

Depending on what time of year you go, I recommend an evening cruise to the Congress Avenue Bridge to watch the bats as they fly out into the night.

There is the LBJ library, and Texas State museum if you are into history. Zilker Park is a nice place to relax, and there are a few things to do there too. There's Lake Travis to the Northwest (close to where I used to live).

If you want a great view, there is a trail to the top of Mount Bonnell.

Alamo Drafthouse has a really funny program they do called Master Pancake Theater that is quite entertaining.

And of course there's live tapings of Austin City Limits at the Moody Theater.

6th Street is the City's entertainment district.

Just remember that even though Austin sets along the Colorado River, it is not THE Colorado River :D

Last edited:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a "Must See" but I highly recommend partaking in some Franklin or Salt Lick BBQ while visiting. Torchy's Tacos is worth a visit too.

Depending on what time of year you go, I recommend an evening cruise to the Congress Avenue Bridge to watch the bats as they fly out into the night.

There is the LBJ library, and Texas State museum if you are into history. Zilker Park is a nice place to relax, and there are a few things to do there too. There's Lake Travis to the Northwest (close to where I used to live).

Alamo Drafthouse has a really funny program they do called Master Pancake Theater that is quite entertaining.

Just remember that even though Austin sets along the Colorado River, it is not THE Colorado River :D
Perfect list. On 6th street be sure to get to an Esther's Follies show.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great list, WB! Thank you for taking the time to bang that out for me. We’ll be staying right near the Congress Ave Bridge.

72B5203C-0F68-461B-84E2-ED2C2B1C3819.jpeg

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pump, do you still need to get a visa to travel to Texas? From what I can tell, it’s its own country. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Springtime you will see the Texas Wildflowers along central Texas hwys and roads due to Lady bird Johnson's Beautify America program.

A UT self-tour might be interesting they have a world famous art collection.

There are caves you can tour and springs you can swim in. The most famous is the Barton Creek Pool.

Another close by spot is Hamilton Pool - Travis County Parks | Hamilton Pool Preserve

New Braunfels - about 40 miles south - has a lot of German architecture - beer joints and sausage places. A trip out toward Frediricksburg is very nice in April or so when the peach crop comes in. This town has maybe the best city park outside of Central Park NY complete with it's own river spring head and lake.

Horse racing in San Antonio is pretty good to see.

Also, Fredericksburg has the WW II Nimetz WWII pacific war museum and a WWII storming of the Island beach assaults with live ammo which is pretty cool.

San Antonio is about 80 minutes south on the Texas autobahn known as I35.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Springtime you will see the Texas Wildflowers along central Texas hwys and roads due to Lady bird Johnson's Beautify America program.

A UT self-tour might be interesting they have a world famous art collection.

There are caves you can tour and springs you can swim in. The most famous is the Barton Creek Pool.

Another close by spot is Hamilton Pool - Travis County Parks | Hamilton Pool Preserve

New Braunfels - about 40 miles south - has a lot of German architecture - beer joints and sausage places. A trip out toward Frediricksburg is very nice in April or so when the peach crop comes in. This town has maybe the best city park outside of Central Park NY complete with it's own river spring head and lake.

Horse racing in San Antonio is pretty good to see.

Also, Fredericksburg has the WW II Nimetz WWII pacific war museum and a WWII storming of the Island beach assaults with live ammo which is pretty cool.

San Antonio is about 80 minutes south on the Texas autobahn known as I35.
Thanks, Mingo! Heading to visit my carnivore son. Where do they have the best steak knives?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Mingo! Heading to visit my carnivore son. Where do they have the best steak knives?
The Vince Young Steakhouse close to your hotel.. IIIForks - Capitol Grille

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am Ukrainian stock. We have lost every war we were ever in - just ask Poland - the Austrian-Prussian empire, Turkey - Romania - the Mongol herd and the Russians, one thing though - we will war with you until we change out luck. -