• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, some of you guys know that I do a mock offseason every year where we do FA and the draft and all. This year, I did not take over the Broncos. I passed the torch to my son, FemurovJr. We are just getting started and he has been busy in the trading front.

He gave up a 5th for LB Demario Davis (from Arkansas State).
He also gave up our 1st, Drew Lock and Patrick Surtain, Jr for QB Russ Wilson.

I think I would be happy with those deals.
Sorry, I misread the deal for Wilson. It is our 1st this year AND next year, Lock and Surtain.

Still less than the rumored deals that I have seen.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I misread the deal for Wilson. It is our 1st this year AND next year, Lock and Surtain.

Still less than the rumored deals that I have seen.
Having Surtain as part of the deal for Wilson would be a deal breaker for me. Also - I'd say it is a pretty good bet that Drew Locke's next three years will be better than the last three.

I think I would give up 3 ones for him though.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, some of you guys know that I do a mock offseason every year where we do FA and the draft and all. This year, I did not take over the Broncos. I passed the torch to my son, FemurovJr. We are just getting started and he has been busy in the trading front.

I don't know that I would part with PS2 for just about anyone. I think he will be a top 2 corner for the next decade. I also question how much Wilson has left in the tank as his play hasn't been great the last two years.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ouch .. I know getting Wilson will require parting with some picks or players that might sting, but I think Surtain is basically untouchable ..

Chubb and Jeudy, yes .. Suratin, nope

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROUND 12 (QUARTERBACK)

8. Michigan Panthers: Paxton Lynch, Memphis

Paston Lynch's draft spot in the USFL - I know you were all curious about it. ;)

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A movie question for all the elder statesmen : I recently watched What Ever Happened To Baby Jane ? ( starring Joan Crawford and Bette Davis ) .. I had only seen this film way back in the early 80s when I was a kid, when it ran on TV ...

Excellent film, I would even put it in the "classic" category .. But what struck me with this latest viewing was that the film must have created a stir in 1962 when it was released .. When I was a kid, I was not familiar with these two actresses' careers prior to this film, and seeing Bette Davis be so physically abusive to a crippled ( in the film ) Joan Crawford must have been shocking at the time .. it still is shocking ..

I was about 6 years old when The Exorcist came out, and I do remember the lines of people waiting at the theater, and begging my parents to take us to see it ( which they did NOT, quite understandably ) ... I remember the news and the hype about The Exorcist, and the following year, my parents did take us to see Jaws -- and I vividly remember that experience, and all the press and hype that movie received ...

Anybody have any memories of What Ever Happened To Baby Jane ? .. and how these two once great and glamorous actresses were portrayed as over the hill psychobiddies ?? or even two years earlier, any recollections of Hitch's "Psycho" ??

My parents went on a double date with another couple to see Psycho in the theater, and they talked about that experience often

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to take Russia off the NFL expansion list. I know @SpringStein was looking forward to taking his Bronco friends and his Russia friends to a Bronco's game in Moscow.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to have to take Russia off the NFL expansion list. I know @SpringStein was looking forward to taking his Bronco friends and his Russia friends to a Bronco's game in Moscow.
What a day it’s been. All I’ve done is answer phone calls and texts.
But if there is going to be a game in Russia, let’s hope it’s in St Petersburg!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock's engagement started me thinking about the QB situation, and commitment ... My initial thought was to crack a joke about Aaron Rodgers, and the fact that he closing in on 40 years of age, he's a multi millionaire and he probably has no problems being introduced to available women ..

Everyone's situation is different ... however, all jokes aside, is commitment something of a concern with Aaron Rodgers ??

Personally, I like him . he's undoubtedly one of the great QBs of the past two decades, but it seems as if there's been drama and the grey cloud of doubt surrounding his standing with Green Bay for years now ..

It could very well be legitimate gripes he has with the organization ( drafting Love was, undoubtedly, a questionable move )

The notion of having a future first ballot HOFer QB like Rodgers come to Denver will obviously create a lot of excitement and hope within the fanbase, but when the clouds of hysteria and hopes fade, are we left with a 38/39 year old malcontent who might end up sitting alone on the bench with that surly, unapproachable look on his face ??

With Aaron Rodgers, is there a cause for concern in terms of differentiating between "dedication" and "commitment" ??
Awhile back, I posted a thought about how it seems as if other online opinion and news articles inexplicably seems to mirror our conversations here - as if our ideas and comments are occasionally pilfered ..

I posted the above thoughts regarding Aaron Rodgers' possibly worrisome commitment issues back on Mon Feb 21st .

On Feb 24th, Kizla had this in his Denver Post article:

Our favorite football diva needs to make up his fickle mind whether to retire or play on, either in Green Bay or elsewhere in the league. And since we’re hooked on this soap opera, is Rodgers ready to get married? Or not?

Seems to me the dude has commitment issues.

Coincidence ??

Hey Kiz, you suck, and another thing - you don't have the moxy to be POTM here

:dance::dance::dance:

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A movie question for all the elder statesmen : I recently watched What Ever Happened To Baby Jane ? ( starring Joan Crawford and Bette Davis ) .. I had only seen this film way back in the early 80s when I was a kid, when it ran on TV ...

Excellent film, I would even put it in the "classic" category .. But what struck me with this latest viewing was that the film must have created a stir in 1962 when it was released .. When I was a kid, I was not familiar with these two actresses' careers prior to this film, and seeing Bette Davis be so physically abusive to a crippled ( in the film ) Joan Crawford must have been shocking at the time .. it still is shocking ..

I was about 6 years old when The Exorcist came out, and I do remember the lines of people waiting at the theater, and begging my parents to take us to see it ( which they did NOT, quite understandably ) ... I remember the news and the hype about The Exorcist, and the following year, my parents did take us to see Jaws -- and I vividly remember that experience, and all the press and hype that movie received ...

Anybody have any memories of What Ever Happened To Baby Jane ? .. and how these two once great and glamorous actresses were portrayed as over the hill psychobiddies ?? or even two years earlier, any recollections of Hitch's "Psycho" ??

My parents went on a double date with another couple to see Psycho in the theater, and they talked about that experience often
Are you familiar with the concept of dramatic irony? Dramatic irony is when the audience is aware of plot or character details that clearly performing characters are as yet unaware. This 1962 film had a peculiar dramatic irony as the Crawford/Davis rivalry and dislike for each other was well known to the 1962 film audience. In this case Art imitated life. Crawford beat out Davis for a relationship with Franchot Tone and Davis kept winning academy awards during years when Crawford also had been nominated,

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you familiar with the concept of dramatic irony? Dramatic irony is when the audience is aware of plot or character details that clearly performing characters are as yet unaware. This 1962 film had a peculiar dramatic irony as the Crawford/Davis rivalry and dislike for each other was well known to the 1962 film audience. In this case Art imitated life. Crawford beat out Davis for a relationship with Franchot Tone and Davis kept winning academy awards during years when Crawford also had been nominated,
Excellent point Ming ... I remember seeing an interview with Hitchcock, and he gave an example of this:

A man is returning to his flat, and prior to his arrival, we, the audience, are given a glimpse of a bomb attached to the underside of his kitchen table ... Our character returning home is completely unaware of this ....

Hitch talked about how this will obviously impact the viewer -- if the audience was not aware of the bomb, and it just simply exploded, surprising us and the character, there would be no tension - just a sudden shock - which is a totally different experience ...

The tension and anticipation is what drives a lot of the great films

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College Basketball got a bit messy yesterday with the top 6 teams and 8 of the top ten teams losing games. Unreal!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many boxes of Thin Mints do I need to eat before I start seeing the results?

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the hug got a little weird. Not my fault.
Season 4 Hug GIF by The Office