• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to guess that no Bronco fan in their right mind wouldn't list Elway as one of their all time favorites.... But he also doesn't get a free pass as a GM... We all love Elway, he was a terrific player here. No matter what he does as GM he is a legend... Buuuuuut, we also want to win without him as a QB.... He won a Super Bowl as a GM, that is fantastic. But he needs to step it up a bit.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to guess that no Bronco fan in their right mind wouldn't list Elway as one of their all time favorites.... But he also doesn't get a free pass as a GM... We all love Elway, he was a terrific player here. No matter what he does as GM he is a legend... Buuuuuut, we also want to win without him as a QB.... He won a Super Bowl as a GM, that is fantastic. But he needs to step it up a bit.

You forget a hell of a lot of winning. We should have won 3 SB's during that span Elway is not a god but he is damn near that with me .

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t count the should of and would of’s as Super Bowl wins but yes he had his good streak there.

Everyone claims the Peyton Manning is his only success. Well you can’t just ignore that. He signed him and did obtain and finish off a physical D when our soft D haltered us from another possible SB. So yeah gotta give him credit and not just say he got lucky to have that one big Peyton Manning signing. People gotta give him credit for that. He helped bring us a SB as a GM. I sometimes feel people (maybe not here) don’t appreciate that Super Bowl as much as they should. Historically one of the best defenses to ever be part of a Super Bowl victory. Great way to win a Super Bowl.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t count the should of and would of’s as Super Bowl wins but yes he had his good streak there.

Everyone claims the Peyton Manning is his only success. Well you can’t just ignore that. He signed him and did obtain and finish off a physical D when our soft D haltered us from another possible SB. So yeah gotta give him credit and not just say he got lucky to have that one big Peyton Manning signing. People gotta give him credit for that. He helped bring us a SB as a GM. I sometimes feel people (maybe not here) don’t appreciate that Super Bowl as much as they should. Historically one of the best defenses to ever be part of a Super Bowl victory. Great way to win a Super Bowl.
I think also that people concentrate too much on the drafts and forget about FA. It was Elway’s salesmanship that brought Manning to Denver. That wasn’t luck. He also was able to find a good number of FA hidden gems to help build the team with. Draft wise I get the impression he was still learning. If anything I think his weakness is being too sentimental. It’s why we drafted Osweiler. I get the feeling he learned a lot this past offseason with the latest coaching search. We will see how that pans out with his choices and the latest draft class. There are still a lot of active GM’s who would love to have the amount of success Elway has up to this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that connects John Elway in his present position and his reputation as a player - he will not stop competing and will compete all the time with all he has.

Remember - as a QB - missing 40% of your intended passes is very good - missing 40% of your calls as a GM for an NFL team is very bad.

I do not think any possible combinations of Bowlens who get to own this team - will have the guts to fire John Elway.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that connects John Elway in his present position and his reputation as a player - he will not stop competing and will compete all the time with all he has.

Remember - as a QB - missing 40% of your intended passes is very good - missing 40% of your calls as a GM for an NFL team is very bad.

I do not think any possible combinations of Bowlens who get to own this team - will have the guts to fire John Elway.

Agree 100% on last part

My response to move on crowd is WHO is better we can get to replace him? Not saying John is perfect he isnt

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Kelly looks real good in preseason again
One snap away
Do colts get the #1 pick again
Would be a kick in the nuts if Kelly becomes a stud QB

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It certainly occurs to me that John Elway - if he needed a QB in the next year or two - would talk to Andrew Luck about a comeback.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chad Kelly moves up to the backup job in Indy.

For the time being. Colts making calls for Nate Sudfeld and possibly CJ Beathard and Cardale Jones.

Colts tried to sign Sudfeld off Colts PS last year and the Eagles just signed Josh McCown.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another backup QB to keep an eye on during last minute cuts/trades to me would be Josh Dobbs vs Mason Rudolph the loser of that becomes a viable option for another teams backup job. Steelers and Niners and Chargers could all potentially trade their third stringer who is better then most teams #2.

In the case of Cardale Jones, he may be beat out by Easton Stick for the Chargers 3rd QB when in fact Jones could be the #2 on many rosters.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

About the only person that is Broncos past that I would be somewhat happy with as a GM is Kubiak.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway has stated he is not going to do GM forever..So we are not going to keep him much longer IMO

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that bothers me the most about Elway is the negative reaction people have about him. Everyone I’ve talked to that has dealt with him has nothing but negative things to say about him when dealing with him. Big time ahole is the common statement I have heard. But we no he is a business guy and it is his way or the highway which happens with a lot of former players. Seems every indoor coach I deal with that played in the NFL is similiar type of approach. “I played in the NFL, I know what I am doing”

#Stubborn

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing that bothers me the most about Elway is the negative reaction people have about him. Everyone I’ve talked to that has dealt with him has nothing but negative things to say about him when dealing with him. Big time ahole is the common statement I have heard. But we no he is a business guy and it is his way or the highway which happens with a lot of former players. Seems every indoor coach I deal with that played in the NFL is similiar type of approach. “I played in the NFL, I know what I am doing”

#Stubborn

There is a fine line between doing what is best for the team and not rubbing agents and players the wrong way.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reputation might explain why John Elway didn't win any league wide Executive awards - even when he deserved it. He's a cold blooded business man.

But, John Lynch likes him.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a guy walking around Wal-Mart in a Reuben Droughns Broncos jersey. Not a jersey I expect to see in Arizona

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw a guy walking around Wal-Mart in a Reuben Droughns Broncos jersey. Not a jersey I expect to see in Arizona

It was probably Ruben Droughns himself.