• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Draft or Bust

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1a Must Be Sammy Watkins
1b one of the 3 Mathews / kouandjio / Lewan

round 2
DT Timmy Jernigan FSU
Round 3
call me a homer all you want but EJ GAINS mizzou
he shut down 1st round talent mike evans all game

I know some will say OT b4 Watkins but then you will miss out on him and he will be a star

:agree:

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have Evans or Lee than Watkins

EJ is a stud but so are Janoris and Trumane Johnson. Unless you want to cut Finnegan I don't see that being necessary.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too am a bigger fan of Evans than Watkins but I would not cry if we ended up with Watkins. But you have it right, we need to come out of round 1 with a game changing WR and a stud OT in some combo.
I am still wondering aloud what we might do if Washingtons pick is in the top 3. I think we MIGHT deal that pick but if we do, the pick we flip flop with must not be below the Rams other pick... i.e. If the Rams are at #10, we can trade down to #9 but that would be it.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still wondering why everyone thinks OT is a major need for us? Barksdale has been playing lights out and Long has been top 5 LT's in the league per profootball focus. Actually both have been top 5. Really the only area of need is Guard if Jones works out.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, Sammy W will be a star in the NFL.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the 2nd 1st round pick, we should definitely aim for Clinton-Dix. Right now, Safety definitely needs to be upgraded.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the 2nd 1st round pick, we should definitely aim for Clinton-Dix. Right now, Safety definitely needs to be upgraded.

would you upgrade mcdonalds position or mcleod?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea TJ MacDonald is a keeper. Anybody that tackles Vernon Davis by the balls is a definite keeper!!!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the looks of where our picks will end up, Dix is a BIG reach. He is projected to go in the late teens or early twenties. There are a TON of safeties just as good as Dix that can be picked up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds... even the 4th. Craig Loston from LSU, Dion Bailey from USC, Deone Buchanon from Washington, Hakeem Smith from Louisville and Ahmad Dixon from Baylor.

And jacobarch, let me ask you, would you rather have Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan or Cyrus Kouandjio for the next 10 years or Joe Barksdale for the next 3 or 4 and then start again? OT is not necessarily a HUGE need but there are 3 very HUGE stars in the making there for us to choose from.. ya know?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea exactly KUSDodgers. I agree that Barksdale is playing great and so is Saffold at guard but Matthews and Kouandijo could do a Jones and sit for a year or play in sparingly under Boudreau's tutelage and we'd be set for the next decade especially if it is Matthews whose pedigree produces players that play at a high level for a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I stated in the other thread, the Redskins pick is at #2 right now and the leverage the Rams get with that is huge. That Jeffrey type player, the OT, the safety to pair with the McDonald is there waiting if the cards are played correctly. Let us hope they are.

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally I say Watkins over evans is bc a 3rd round talent shut him down and so has their past few opponents ...

why is everyone whining over the safety positions? McDonald rookie... mccleod 1st year starter... haha is a wasted pick imo id rather have an O-line or hell even 2 wrs over haha any day
we need people to score or who can help to score like an studly O-line

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for drafting a safety later also! Loston from LSU in the second. Besides Fisher has already demonstrated that he'll wait on a safety.

OT is our fist pick, wether we trade down or not. Remember the O-line is one injury away from needing a stud!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea exactly KUSDodgers. I agree that Barksdale is playing great and so is Saffold at guard but Matthews and Kouandijo could do a Jones and sit for a year or play in sparingly under Boudreau's tutelage and we'd be set for the next decade especially if it is Matthews whose pedigree produces players that play at a high level for a long time.

I disagree, you don't draft some one in the 1st or 2nd round to ride the bench. Especially some one who plays the line. I can understand a skill position but not a trench position.

I think Long and Barksdale could be solid for the next 5 to 6 years if/IF/IF (Sorry I wanted to emphasize that) they don't somehow regress. If Jones turns out to be a good player at C/Guard we could be set at Oline for the next 5 to 6 years. All we would need to do is draft another Guard and Center early (first 3 rounds) in the draft or bring in a solid FA.
You guys also know our OLine is currently ranked 6th in the League right?

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the looks of where our picks will end up, Dix is a BIG reach. He is projected to go in the late teens or early twenties. There are a TON of safeties just as good as Dix that can be picked up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds... even the 4th. Craig Loston from LSU, Dion Bailey from USC, Deone Buchanon from Washington, Hakeem Smith from Louisville and Ahmad Dixon from Baylor.

And jacobarch, let me ask you, would you rather have Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan or Cyrus Kouandjio for the next 10 years or Joe Barksdale for the next 3 or 4 and then start again? OT is not necessarily a HUGE need but there are 3 very HUGE stars in the making there for us to choose from.. ya know?

Right now i'd rather have Barksdale and bring in some one else to fill a NEEDED hole. I don't like drafting OLinemen in the 1st round anyways.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft the best players available. Enough of this trading down to get players who either don't play or under perform.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you have a friend in Fisher jacobarch because he doesn't like drafting O-lineman in the first either.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys - let's put it this way - We would all agree that we want to draft the possibility of a future Hall Of Famer. That would also translate into taking the best player available. That would be Jake Matthews over everybody else at the top of the draft.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets first see where we drop in the draft and we'll go from there.