• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that aren't wrong

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Streit reminds me a lot of Pitkanen in the way that some nights he is ridiculously good, makes smart little plays and is constantly in position but other nights he's trying to force puck rushes, over handling the puck and trying to use what he considers his "above average skating ability" to compensate for being out of position. Overall I think he's played much better the past few months and on the whole has been better then he's been bad but I don't think it was the right time to sign a player like him.

Vinny has been a complete disaster, he single handedly pulls down whatever line he's on (unless it's the 4th) and he's useless on the PP if he has to move. I really hope they buy him out and I almost don't even care about the residual cap hit. I really hope we can somehow trade him or he discloses some long nagging injury at the end of the season to explain his horrendous play.

We got Vinny for the long. We already used both our buy-outs and he has a full No Movement Clause...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Vinny for the long. We already used both our buy-outs and he has a full No Movement Clause...

they can still buy him out. there's just a cap penalty associated with it. (unlike cap compliance buyouts of bryz and briere)

for your reading pleasure: NHL Buyout Calculator

(also, i dont think that's a bad move for the flyers really.. by 2018 a $1 mil penalty probably won't be a huge deal...)

Last edited by a moderator:

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can still buy him out. there's just a cap penalty associated with it. (unlike cap compliance buyouts of bryz and briere)

for your reading pleasure: NHL Buyout Calculator

(also, i dont think that's a bad move for the flyers really.. by 2018 a $1 mil penalty probably won't be a huge deal...)

I don't think sacrificing 2.5-3 mil in cap space is very good decision to dump a player that is in all likelihood playing hurt for 3/4 of the season. Combine that with Pronger and we would be shorting ourselves roughly 7 mil to start the next 2 seasons...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think sacrificing 2.5-3 mil in cap space is very good decision to dump a player that is in all likelihood playing hurt for 3/4 of the season. Combine that with Pronger and we would be shorting ourselves roughly 7 mil to start the next 2 seasons...

well strictly speaking on lecavalier, they'll be saving a few million each season.. but that doesn't take in to account replacing him i suppose.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well strictly speaking on lecavalier, they'll be saving a few million each season.. but that doesn't take in to account replacing him i suppose.

I think I'd give him one more year. If still he can't fit in anywhere next year (hopefully he just needs to get healthy), they probably do have to seriously consider buying him out.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd give him one more year. If still he can't fit in anywhere next year (hopefully he just needs to get healthy), they probably do have to seriously consider buying him out.

:agree:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every GM has their blunders something is definitely wrong with Vinny hopefully he rebounds next year. Remember the rags were ready to buyout Richards but now he's playing well and no peep about it. I could have done without him but it's not bad having a vet just too bad that he was injured you can't predict that shit...

Streit has been pretty good at a position of weakness. He will bridge the gap between Timonen and the young kids without him this year they may have not even made the playoffs. He also only cost cap space no prospects were lost so who cares? You can't just have rookies out there...

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Homer: He has blinders too often (IMHO) when drafting. Too often the strings get pulled from Snider's suite and the crazy contract appears (Bryz). Would Hextall do a better job? Remains to be seen. Homer appears to be less "old boys" than Clarke was...but who knows.

On Vinny. He is what I was told by several people in Tampa....broken down. When the moment arises that he can get his shot off, or use his reach without having to extend his skating stride...he is still effective. The problem was how he was used early in the season. He spent too much time playing out of position and getting banged (but he kept going into traffic now didn't he) and physically broke down. He has a ton of miles on him and really would benefit from a complete season where his role was defined from day one not shuffled around.

Oh, and that is not a knock on Berube. I think he has done a much better job with the mishmash of parts that this roster is than Lavvy could/did. Vinny is paid to be a #2 center and he is not capable of being one anymore...but he is capable of skating the 4th line center shifts and playing on the PP very well.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vinny would be at least 3rd line on probably every team in the NHL but the Flyers have so much depth they have the luxury to move him around and create mismatches. I'm sure if he was 100% he'd most likely be centering the 2nd line he's just limited physically I'd bet my house on that....

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Vinny. Having said that he still has the potential to be a key cog on a playoff run.
Maybe a game 7 will ge his juices going

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Berube is the coach going forward. What he accomplished with this bunch this year was absolutely remarkable. Perhaps they are grooming Hextall to take over for Homer if and when he either gets fired or steps down which may be awhile.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
in reagards to what everyone else said above regarding Vinny, i'm on the side that he is just broken down and hasn't recovered from the back injury. i don't know what the reports were but any type of fracture in your back can't really be a good thing to have midseason. i am willing to give him another year for sure.

now i bought his jersey so obviously i don't want to see him go. but with laughton definitely being on this roster next year you just have to wonder where he fits in. is his role with this team the 4th line center who plays on the PP and occasionally jumps up on a top 2 line wing? maybe so...but i still think he is an essential part of the veterans on this years teams run.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Homer: He has blinders too often (IMHO) when drafting. Too often the strings get pulled from Snider's suite and the crazy contract appears (Bryz). Would Hextall do a better job? Remains to be seen. Homer appears to be less "old boys" than Clarke was...but who knows.

On Vinny. He is what I was told by several people in Tampa....broken down. When the moment arises that he can get his shot off, or use his reach without having to extend his skating stride...he is still effective. The problem was how he was used early in the season. He spent too much time playing out of position and getting banged (but he kept going into traffic now didn't he) and physically broke down. He has a ton of miles on him and really would benefit from a complete season where his role was defined from day one not shuffled around.

Oh, and that is not a knock on Berube. I think he has done a much better job with the mishmash of parts that this roster is than Lavvy could/did. Vinny is paid to be a #2 center and he is not capable of being one anymore...but he is capable of skating the 4th line center shifts and playing on the PP very well.

i'm curious as to which draft picks you think he had the blinders on for? he picked laughton instead of maata which upset me, but at least laughton is still a very promising player. the goulbourne pick was likely stupid, but it's a 3rd round pick, a lot of the time those guys are 50/50 anyway.

can't really put the owner pulling the strings on the GM either. you can't just tell your boss no?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm curious as to which draft picks you think he had the blinders on for?

I think Morin was a bit of a reach, and there are now multiple players picked behind him that are ranked ahead of him in terms of potential. Still too early to say for sure, though.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Morin was a bit of a reach, and there are now multiple players picked behind him that are ranked ahead of him in terms of potential. Still too early to say for sure, though.

Morin also has the poential to be a fucking beast