• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

thing to remember here

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
with the choice coming on monday the key thing to remember is this

it shouldnt have gone this far!

i know the #1 defense here if he leaves will be "he's not worth all that money" and while yes i agree 24 million in signing bonus ontop of the salary is a lot of money and i wouldnt want to sign him for that either...it shouldnt have got that far. was anyone talking about 24 million dollar signing bonus last summer? or in december? or when parise didnt have an agent? nope nope nope....but now that we are here in ufa the sky is the limit.

sid crosby gets an extension in his final year...wonder why that is? what do you think sid wouldve been able to command on the open market? do you think another team couldve come in and blown the pens away and forced them into spending insane money just to keep sid? yeah you bet they wouldve but the key here is THEY DIDNT LET IT GO THAT FAR! they locked their star up on their own terms and own budget...now the devils are at the mercy of the other nhl teams.

if they didnt have the money and knew it all along then they shouldve shipped him out at the deadline or during the season.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We had $100M the year before Zach became an RFA. After this season, I'm way more sold on Kovy. Ownership took a gamble on Kovalchuk, then last year we didn't have the money and had to do a 1 year deal. This year we still don't have the money. Do you really think that Lou is going to offer anything other than EVERY SINGLE PENNY that he can?

Move him at the deadline? For what? A similar return to Kovy's? Then what? We lost in the first round? Or the second?

The odds of this team being competitive next season with Zach gone is very, very slim.

Finally, this was the situation that was destined to happen the moment that we showed this organization was willing to give out a Kovy sized contract. If you're Parise, you're the best forward this organization has ever produced, you're the captain, you're the best player on the team in all zones, you've always been team first, you've taken less money than you're worth for years, now it's time for the Devils to reciprocate. If you're Parise, do you take a $50M deal after what they did for Kovy? After that press conference, where the flew you, langs, and Marty in to bask in the glory of Kovy, and to show team unity.

Whatever you gave to Kovy, you had to give the same thing to Zach.

Last edited by a moderator:

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with the original post

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah if you have to move him you move him...it is better to get something then nothing.

lets face it parise wasnt the prime reason we got to the cup finals

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
tilo whats up bro?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah if you have to move him you move him...it is better to get something then nothing.

We've had this debate before, you see the game differently than I do.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are not near the Cup finals without Zach. How'd we do the season he was out??

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i think officer john maclean was to blame for that fiasco!

i dunno how many threads during the playoffs did we mention that zach needs to show up?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think officer john maclean was to blame for that fiasco!

i dunno how many threads during the playoffs did we mention that zach needs to show up?

Zach does so much more than score goals. He played well, even if he didn't light the lamp.

Parise being out had a lot to do with last season as well.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
speaking of maclean i thought it was amazingly funny that he was the one that was trying to pitch carolina to parise. imagine how that conversation went! lol

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of maclean i thought it was amazingly funny that he was the one that was trying to pitch carolina to parise. imagine how that conversation went! lol

yeah, that was a head scratcher. WTF is Carolina thinking there?? i just hope pudding head Sid didn't sway him. Also found it a guy everyone in Pittsburgh wants to run out of town on a rail, MArtin, was trying to sway him there as well. Fans HATE him in this city

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Paul Fartin left for the Pens I expressed the fact that the Devils got lucky he signed elsewhere, and people ripped me for it.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach does so much more than score goals. He played well, even if he didn't light the lamp.

Parise being out had a lot to do with last season as well.

Way too many fans, hockey fans in general, think scoring goals is the only way to contribute to a team.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And when Paul Fartin left for the Pens I expressed the fact that the Devils got lucky he signed elsewhere, and people ripped me for it.

Definitely not me. I always thought Martin was a frail. He took double the time to heal. Plus when Devils lost him, the picked up A-train in free agency. I will make that same trade over and over.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Martin go. He could be solid for us, but never in the playoffs. When he was needed the most he would become a ghost. He was everything that was wrong with those Devils teams. And yes we brought in A-Train and Tallinder so good trade in my opinion.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the choice coming on monday the key thing to remember is this

it shouldnt have gone this far!

i know the #1 defense here if he leaves will be "he's not worth all that money" and while yes i agree 24 million in signing bonus ontop of the salary is a lot of money and i wouldnt want to sign him for that either...it shouldnt have got that far. was anyone talking about 24 million dollar signing bonus last summer? or in december? or when parise didnt have an agent? nope nope nope....but now that we are here in ufa the sky is the limit.

sid crosby gets an extension in his final year...wonder why that is? what do you think sid wouldve been able to command on the open market? do you think another team couldve come in and blown the pens away and forced them into spending insane money just to keep sid? yeah you bet they wouldve but the key here is THEY DIDNT LET IT GO THAT FAR! they locked their star up on their own terms and own budget...now the devils are at the mercy of the other nhl teams.

if they didnt have the money and knew it all along then they shouldve shipped him out at the deadline or during the season.

Or beek thought he's have a new financial partner long before this to be able to pony up