• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There's no reason for the Heat to sign Wade now

dubabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides keeping a promise.

It would be a terrible move for them, tying so much money for a guy that doesn't have the knees to carry a team. He's suited for being a second or third option, watching his minutes, with other players that can carry the team while he misses games with injuries or resting on back to back nights.

They should consider rebuilding just like the Cavs did when Lebron left, they won't have good veteran players lined up to play for cheap with them and with Wade the most they'll get is an 8th seed and a first round exit (and most likely 9th and 10th seeds with no playoffs and no good draft picks).

Makes absolutely no reason to sign Wade now, he's the one that opted out of a great deal.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Bosh is likely leaving, I don't even see Miami making the Playoffs this year.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Besides keeping a promise.

It would be a terrible move for them, tying so much money for a guy that doesn't have the knees to carry a team. He's suited for being a second or third option, watching his minutes, with other players that can carry the team while he misses games with injuries or resting on back to back nights.

They should consider rebuilding just like the Cavs did when Lebron left, they won't have good veteran players lined up to play for cheap with them and with Wade the most they'll get is an 8th seed and a first round exit (and most likely 9th and 10th seeds with no playoffs and no good draft picks).

Makes absolutely no reason to sign Wade now, he's the one that opted out of a great deal.
Agreed...Miami in a horrible position. The Heat will honor Wade's contract. Now it, may be a max deal in year one following by 12 million in year two followed by 8 million in year 3 and 8 million in year 4....

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No benefit from refuting Wade's rights would come close to making up for the backlash of reputation that would come from screwing him over like that.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No benefit from refuting Wade's rights would come close to making up for the backlash of reputation that would come from screwing him over like that.

Wade did the honorable thing. In fact, thinking back on it all, Wade has taken the whole situation his entire career in Miami very honorably. He took a backseat to Lebron after bringing Miami their first title. Kudos to this guy, now if he wasnt such a dirty player on the court lol....

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade was our boy from day one.... The city of miami loves him and wants him here until he retires... Lebron leaving miami sucks but wade leaving the heat would hurt miami... Trust me

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six of one half dozen of another. Lebron talked bosh and Wade into opting out when it now seems pretty clear that as long as cleveland wanted him back he was going home.

Remember, Wade isnt the one that wanted to sit back to back games, he was told not to dress. They should have been ramping his minutes up starting at game 65 and playing him every night.

Really dont know what miami does, probably sign Deng to the bigger number they discussed, almost have to bring chalmers back now, who knows, maybe they will reach out to carmello now.

bigger question, how long does Rileys bitch coach last now?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes there is. HE IS MR. MIAMI

the dont have a chance of landing anyone until 2016 anyway

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing LeOpt-Out had all those guys cancel their 20m dollar contracts before bolting.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing LeOpt-Out had all those guys cancel their 20m dollar contracts before bolting.

There was always a contingency that they'd get that money if LeBron left.... I mean, come one, Bosh is signing for a 5 year max... he never would've gotten that if LeBron stayed around.

Triplexxx23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he signed with Miami

Now the heat have every reason to resign wade and still built a team around wade and bosh... This makes miami a playoff team automatic.... Let's go heat!!

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the heat have every reason to resign wade and still built a team around wade and bosh... This makes miami a playoff team automatic....

in the Least-East even teams under .500 make the playoffs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the heat have every reason to resign wade and still built a team around wade and bosh... This makes miami a playoff team automatic.... Let's go heat!!

Potentially a great recovery by the Heat. I doubt they can win a title, but they should be able to beat the Cavs ass in the playoffs.

Glad to not have to hate the Heat so much anymore too.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley will continue to show himself as an honorable guy. He will take care of Wade. It may not make sense small term, but long term it is the right move.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade released a rather classy statement about Lebron today.

As a friend and a teammate, I am sad to see my brother LeBron leave to begin a new journey. In 2010, we decided to come together all for one goal — to win championships and we succeeded. We were friends when we first joined the league and created an unbreakable bond the past four years. Our collaboration will always be very special to me both personally and professionally. We shared something unique and he will always be part of my family. LeBron made the right decision for him and his family because home is where your heart is. I know this was not an easy decision to make and I support him in returning to his roots. As an organization, a community, and as individuals, we achieved the goals we set when we first signed on together. We are champions.

Pretty cut and dry, no hard feelings all around after the breakup. Seems so anyway...

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade released a rather classy statement about Lebron today.

As a friend and a teammate, I am sad to see my brother LeBron leave to begin a new journey. In 2010, we decided to come together all for one goal — to win championships and we succeeded. We were friends when we first joined the league and created an unbreakable bond the past four years. Our collaboration will always be very special to me both personally and professionally. We shared something unique and he will always be part of my family. LeBron made the right decision for him and his family because home is where your heart is. I know this was not an easy decision to make and I support him in returning to his roots. As an organization, a community, and as individuals, we achieved the goals we set when we first signed on together. We are champions.

Pretty cut and dry, no hard feelings all around after the breakup. Seems so anyway...

"Home is where the heart is" I don't know that I believe this is why lebron went back to the cavs, but this is a nice statement by Wade.