• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

There goes Schwartz

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here comes the 3-4. I guess I can live with it. Brady has had more trouble vs the Jets than us. Schwartz was never here to stay though. Another good showing as DC somewhere and he's likely back in the HC circle.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could have just hired him as DC. This also means Hughes is gone too. I also feel bad for Mario he came here partly because we ran a 4-3 and he wanted to play DE and every 2 years we change systems on him moving him from DE to LB

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rex would consider a scheme that maximizes the impact Mario can have. After all, they are paying him a gazillion dollars so it would seem he should be the guy the defense goes through.

Also, the D had by far their most effective and dominant year in recent memory in 2014 so they may want to considering sticking with what works...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we could have just hired him as DC. This also means Hughes is gone too. I also feel bad for Mario he came here partly because we ran a 4-3 and he wanted to play DE and every 2 years we change systems on him moving him from DE to LB

Rex wanted him to stay, but he turned it down, so the Bills released him from his contract.

My guess is that it ends up more of a hybrid defense with Mario around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Rex would consider a scheme that maximizes the impact Mario can have. After all, they are paying him a gazillion dollars so it would seem he should be the guy the defense goes through.

Also, the D had by far their most effective and dominant year in recent memory in 2014 so they may want to considering sticking with what works...

nah Rex will run his defense. Mario Williams will be put in position to maximize his skill set, Rex knows how to use defensive players, its the offense thats a crap shot.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rex wanted him to stay, but he turned it down, so the Bills released him from his contract.

My guess is that it ends up more of a hybrid defense with Mario around.

Well that's because they run different systems best to move on then continue to battle with the head coach. Also he was kinda passed over I personally think he would have been a better choice then Rex.

As far as Mario yea he will play similar to the year before but he signed here to play DE then we switched to 34 then to a hybrid and last year a straight 43 and he had the best year of his career and now he is going back to a hybrid

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's because they run different systems best to move on then continue to battle with the head coach. Also he was kinda passed over I personally think he would have been a better choice then Rex.

As far as Mario yea he will play similar to the year before but he signed here to play DE then we switched to 34 then to a hybrid and last year a straight 43 and he had the best year of his career and now he is going back to a hybrid

Schwartz was 29-51 in 5 full seasons with the Lions. He had one solid season, right in the middle of his tenure. 2-14, 6-10, 10-6, 4-12, 7-9. All that with Stafford and Megatron.

Rex was 46-50 in 6 full seasons with the Jets. 9-7, 11-5, 8-8, 6-10, 8-8, 4-12. Best QB he had was Sanchez (before he fell apart). Certainly looks to me like he's the better head coach.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz was a horrendous HC. Some of the things he did were mind-boggling. Didn't he elect to kick during an OT game and then promptly lost on the first drive? Some guys are just better as coordinators. He was great as DC...not deserving of the HC position IMO.

Agree Rex is way better.