• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The year 103 wins were told it was not enough

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a Giants fan you have to be grateful that the Giants got in with 88 wins to this years playoff round. The second WC really saved the Giants and now they get a chance at a Division round series.

Back in 1993 the Giants put up 103 wins and were told to go home. That was tough to take as the Braves who were in the West back then took the Division with 104 wins as Colorado mailed it in never winning one game that year against Atlanta. No WC back then so it was tough to make the playoffs. It's important to remember that great team and maybe this years Giants team can carry their torch and win it all. The 1993 team will always go down as one of my favorites and they deserve more praise then they get because 103 wins is a great year. I feel a little poetic justice this year getting in after the heartache of 1993. Giants Pride.

Other stuff...The pictures in the SF Chronicle were awesome today especially Jason Miller's picture of Pablo Sandoval flipping over the railing to snag that foul ball. The best action shot I have seen in a long time. That one is worthy of being blown up and displayed somewhere at AT&T Park. Peter Diana also had a nice shot on the front page of the Green of Crawford looking to the heavens on his way home on his Grand Slam. Quality work.

There was a fantastic article done on ESPN.com about Krukow and Kuiper by Steve Fainaru called A Giant Friendship . It is the story of Krukow's battle with his muscle disease and his friendship with Kuiper. One of the best articles I have read. The picture of Kruk sitting next to Kuip in the booth tossing the ball in the air and him locking in on it in mid air is art at it's finest. Love that picture. A must read.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the Wild Card wasn't instituted until 1994, one year too late for us. :gaah: I was just a kid and I cried that day. I couldn't believe that such a great team was done for the season. We had two 20-game winners, Bonds, Williams, Clark, and a great bullpen.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a fun and disappointing year because we didn't make the playoffs. I was watching the Giants at Atlanta that year when they were on TBS. The Giants were a couple games up on the Braves and I remember Don Sutton saying the Giants weren't going to make the playoffs. I have hated him ever since.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I would constantly watch TBS hoping the Braves would lose, but they rarely did after they acquired Fred McGriff from the Padres.