• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Yankees are afraid of us

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any other explanation of them scoring 1 run in 2 games against the Angels? They can afford to lose games. They're confident they can win the division over Boston. And they think even if they're the wild card they'll still beat anybody, because they're the Yankees. But the one thing they DON'T want is to play the Rangers again, and have the legend of Josh Hamilton hit another 4 homers in 6 games against them again. Those punk bitches. I hope we face them again so we can beat them again and remind them who the boss of the Al is.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more scared of the Angels in a short series than I would be of us! Who would you rather face Wilson, Holland, and Harrison or Weaver, Harden, and Santana. In the playoffs it's all about the pitching! Their big three are better than our big three, although I think our big three could be better next year with the continued development of Harrison and Holland and if CJ resigns.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take our top 3. We've proven we can beat the Angel's top 3. We've proven we can beat the Yankees.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the NBA. I can't see teams trying to lose games intentionally to better their playoff position or to keep another team out. That kind of thing will always blow up in their faces. Got to just go out, play hard every day and let the chips fall where they fall so to speak.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is there any other explanation of them scoring 1 run in 2 games against the Angels? They can afford to lose games. They're confident they can win the division over Boston. And they think even if they're the wild card they'll still beat anybody, because they're the Yankees. But the one thing they DON'T want is to play the Rangers again, and have the legend of Josh Hamilton hit another 4 homers in 6 games against them again. Those punk bitches. I hope we face them again so we can beat them again and remind them who the boss of the Al is.

I don't know if NY is throwing games, but it sure would be nice if they resembled the team that is leading the AL East, supposedly the best division on the AL. They've looked inept at best against The Angels. They talk about Haren, Weaver, and Santana. Well, last time out we whupped Haren's ass and wore Weaver out. We got 4 runs off Santana also during a stretch where he was lights out.
I don't fear the Angels and I know the players don't either. Oakland threw some leather at us yesterday, making some plays that they don't normally make. We also had some bad luck, like Moreland hitting that linedrive that got turned into a double play.
Bottom line is to win series. We still have a lead. I know Anaheim feels confident, but a loss to the Yanks today and a win by us over OAK will put it right back at 2.5 games. We should win the CLE series also. The Angels head to OAK and have not fared well against 'em this year. If we can win the Cle series and Oak wins the Angels series, then we're back up by 3.5. Don't sound like much, but I rather be leading by 3.5 with about 10 to go than trailing. I think we'll be fine, over take DET, and host a first round playoff series.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is irritating, but it doesn't matter. One loss to OAK isn't going to sink us. OAK was due for a win against us and they almost didn't get that. Just keep winning series and we'll be fine. LA still has to go to Toronto. Worst case scenario it comes down to the last series against LAA where I like our chances.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think they're throwing games lol, I was drunk and in a shit talking mood.