• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party, 3:30 EST CBS

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't just the most watched of the day, it was the most watched of the year.

Georgia and Florida are both big draws and this was the first time the game had significance for both teams since 2012.

I can understand it being a big game, no doubt, but it also was the perfect storm, no?

What other top ten team played at 3:30? Was there even two top 25 teams playing during that time? We know that about half the top 10 teams didn't even play Saturday.

Maybe there was another big game competing against it that I missed.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand it being a big game, no doubt, but it also was the perfect storm, no?

What other top ten team played at 3:30? Was there even two top 25 teams playing during that time? We know that about half the top 10 teams didn't even play Saturday.

Maybe there was another big game competing against it that I missed.

Again, most watched of the season, not just just the most watched of the day. You had standalone games on Sunday and Monday night on opening week that featured ranked teams.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, most watched of the season, not just just the most watched of the day. You had standalone games on Sunday and Monday night on opening week that featured ranked teams.

Fair enough. I just felt like it was the perfect situation to get a lot of viewers. Nothing else to watch, many of the biggest teams not playing at all that day, in the middle of the season, on a normal football day (Saturday).

Regardless, it always gets pretty big numbers, so those circumstance may have not played much of an affect on the large rating on Saturday.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama was on a buy … you sucked up the millions of bandwagoners for your game. :whoo:

That's my story … and … that's the end of the fng discussion.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? No.

Franks is dog shit. And despite how much people seems to love Todd Grantham, every TD scored against Florida was on 3rd down, and most were long yardage. Fuck that guy. He needs to go.
Im not a fan of this defense either for the most part