• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Early Record Projection Thread

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Draft is over and we have a solid idea of everybody's rosters so why not project some records since it'll be a while before anything of interest happens in the NFL.

I'll go:

Packers - W
@Seahawks - L
Colts - W
@Rams - W
Texans - W
Cardinals - W
@Titans - W
@Jaguars - W
BYE
Panthers - W
@Saints - L
@Redskins - W
Rams - L
Seahawks - W
@Buccaneers - W
Falcons - W
@Cardinals - W

Works out to be 13-3 but I'm more confident there will be another loss or two in there so I lean on us being 12-4 more than 13-3.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the draft class has potential like any other class just taken, but its more for next season past Reid? as such, i'd STILL think 11-5, maybe 10-6? cause our D has a good nucleous, but isn't the 2011 D.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
the draft class has potential like any other class just taken, but its more for next season past Reid? as such, i'd STILL think 11-5, maybe 10-6? cause our D has a good nucleous, but isn't the 2011 D.

11-5 possible but I just don't see 10-6 unless injuries play a factor.

I believe our offense is going to be one of the tops in the league so even if our defense isn't 2011 good the offense is going to make up for the difference.

Plus some of our tougher games we lucked out and have them at home which helps our odds winning them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
11-5 possible but I just don't see 10-6 unless injuries play a factor.

I believe our offense is going to be one of the tops in the league so even if our defense isn't 2011 good the offense is going to make up for the difference.

Plus some of our tougher games we lucked out and have them at home which helps our odds winning them.

"tops in the league"?

think we do have a good offense, but not going that far. we'll score enough to win, but don't think we'll one of the top scoring or yardage (ie stats) teams?

but then again, depends on what you define as 'top'? for ME that's usually five teams.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
"tops in the league"?

think we do have a good offense, but not going that far. we'll score enough to win, but don't think we'll one of the top scoring or yardage (ie stats) teams?

but then again, depends on what you define as 'top'? for ME that's usually five teams.

I think we'll be around top 5 in offense.

In the playoffs we had a 473.3 YDS/G which was easily the tops among all the playoff teams and we had 34.7 PTS/G which was second behind Denver's 35 PTS/G but on the flip side Denver's PTS/G was from one game and ours is from 3 game average.

Sure defenses are going to be more accustomed to the read option and pistol next season but on the flip side Kap is going into this offseason as the unquestioned starter and I expect him to continue to grow and the playbook to expand and become even more creative.

Also our offensive personnel is better than last season as well. Sure it's not majorly better but Boldin is way better than Moss was last season and Jenkins should have a bigger contribution than 1 target, 1 drop, and 0 catches next season. Also LMJ's role in the offense will be expanded as well.

Last season GB was 5th in PTS/G at 27.1 and we were 11th with 24.8 which means we would've been a top 5 offense if we managed an extra FG a game so I think that's pretty doable this season.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the playoffs we had a 473.3 YDS/G which was easily the tops among all the playoff teams and we had 34.7 PTS/G which was second behind Denver's 35 PTS/G but on the flip side Denver's PTS/G was from one game and ours is from 3 game average.

Sure defenses are going to be more accustomed to the read option and pistol next season but on the flip side Kap is going into this offseason as the unquestioned starter and I expect him to continue to grow and the playbook to expand and become even more creative.

Also our offensive personnel is better than last season as well. Sure it's not majorly better but Boldin is way better than Moss was last season and Jenkins should have a bigger contribution than 1 target, 1 drop, and 0 catches next season. Also LMJ's role in the offense will be expanded as well.

Last season GB was 5th in PTS/G at 27.1 and we were 11th with 24.8 which means we would've been a top 5 offense if we managed an extra FG a game so I think that's pretty doable this season.

David Akers will not be around to miss 2 kicks a game too

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

oh ok.

i certainly won't complain if we end up top 5. :-)

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers top 5 offense top 10 defense. Defense will be worse than 2 years ago, but better than last year. Problem is with all the scoring they will do, the defense will be on the field more.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that this not a scientific way to predict anything (not that there is one), but I usually break the schedule into groups. Because I feel in any individual group, the best case is winning all if that group, I will just predict the worst case scenario.

Packers/@Seahawks/Colts/@Rams/Texans - Lose two.
Cardinals/@Titans/@Jaguars/Panthers - Win all.
@Saints/@Redskins/Rams/Seahawks - Lose two.
@Buccaneers/Falcons/@Cardinals - Lose one.

Worst case is 11-5, without significant injuries or ties.

Best case, if I have to be realistic or not a homer, we lose one from each of the first and third groups and win all of the other two groups: 14-2.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way too early, I say right now I picture us losing on the road to the Seahawks, Rams, Saints and Redskins. And probably one at home.