• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Warriors should target Anthony Randolph in the off season

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHOA WHOA WHOA STOP YELLING AT ME! Just hear me out first before the inevitable bashing goes on.

I acknowledge the kid had the Basketball IQ of a rock when he played here, but I think he'd make a great back up big for the Warriors for a number of reasons. Here's why:

1) Randolph will be 23 going into next season. 23! He came out as an unseasoned rookie with only 1 year of college ball under his belt. He's still 6'11" and extremely athletic. He'll be the same age as Ekpe coming out of college and could be considered another "draft pick" we get this upcoming year.

2) He was playing at a disadvantage at his time here being a Point-4 under Nelly. With his decision making skills suspect, he was put in a bad position on the court. Instead of coming in as a lottery pick with all this untapped potential, he'd essentially be a guy who wouldn't have much expectation and could play much more loosely under those circumstances.

3) Randolph did 2 things very well when he played here: he ran the court and he protected the rim with his shot blocking. Those two things would be able to be focused on with our new coaching staff. He's also developed into a pretty good rebounder as well.

4) With Bogut and Lee entrenched in the big man spots, Randolph would be able to find his niche as a great 3rd big off the bench. Any contributions he made on offense would be a bonus. His defense and rebounding would be his main value here.

5) Jackson, being a young coach and seasoned ex player, he could provide a much more unique tutoring to Randolph. Plus with 3 years of NBA experience under his belt, he's probably matured a bit as a player. I think after his rookie experience, he'll understand what it takes to become a true NBA player.

To me I think it would be perfect to take a flier on him and get him back for us if he would be willing. Go ahead and flame away...

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WHOA WHOA WHOA STOP YELLING AT ME! Just hear me out first before the inevitable bashing goes on.

I acknowledge the kid had the Basketball IQ of a rock when he played here, but I think he'd make a great back up big for the Warriors for a number of reasons. Here's why:

1) Randolph will be 23 going into next season. 23! He came out as an unseasoned rookie with only 1 year of college ball under his belt. He's still 6'11" and extremely athletic. He'll be the same age as Ekpe coming out of college and could be considered another "draft pick" we get this upcoming year.

2) He was playing at a disadvantage at his time here being a Point-4 under Nelly. With his decision making skills suspect, he was put in a bad position on the court. Instead of coming in as a lottery pick with all this untapped potential, he'd essentially be a guy who wouldn't have much expectation and could play much more loosely under those circumstances.

3) Randolph did 2 things very well when he played here: he ran the court and he protected the rim with his shot blocking. Those two things would be able to be focused on with our new coaching staff. He's also developed into a pretty good rebounder as well.

4) With Bogut and Lee entrenched in the big man spots, Randolph would be able to find his niche as a great 3rd big off the bench. Any contributions he made on offense would be a bonus. His defense and rebounding would be his main value here.

5) Jackson, being a young coach and seasoned ex player, he could provide a much more unique tutoring to Randolph. Plus with 3 years of NBA experience under his belt, he's probably matured a bit as a player. I think after his rookie experience, he'll understand what it takes to become a true NBA player.

To me I think it would be perfect to take a flier on him and get him back for us if he would be willing. Go ahead and flame away...

I think I threw up when I read the thread title.

The bolded part is the only thing about the entire post that makes me want to bring back Randolph. Don't get me wrong, I think that Sushi made a couple of valid points. But those points do not outweigh the fact that the kid is dumber than a pile of bricks and has shown exactly zero ability to get past that disadvantage. No amount of coaching is going to make that kid suddenly start using his brain in a basketball sense.

There are just too many other better players out there who can do the job for Anthony Randolph to ever be a valid option in Golden State.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't polish a turd.

3115860663_48ee22fd64.jpg

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nuggets waive/amnesty Birdman, I would love to see him in a Warriors uniform. Another guy who would bring some toughness, can rebound and protect the rim.