• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think that we can all agree that Gaberiel is quickly moving up the "Most Hated TV Character" rankings, or as I like to call it: "The Joeffery Scale". He most certainly is moving into the top-100 with a bullet and could shoot up much farther depending on how long his character survives.

I think it would be a great idea to have Gabe survive whatever Rick and Co. put him through and rise up as their folly with a group of religous fanatics backing him in a holy war against our "heros".

Is he the most hated TWD character of all time? Let's see:
*Father Gabe- Despicable liar who betrays his own faith to save himself and hide his shame. Locks his parishioners out of their own church so he can whimper in a corner. Rips up bibles before planting seeds of doubt in people's heads as a hobby.

*The Guv- Crazy ass meglomaniac who sacrifices his own people for unwarranted personal revenge. Keeps zombie daughter in a closet and fishtanks full of heads for viewing pleasure. Also enjoys torturing people.

*Shane- Former best friend to Rick who screws his wife, questions his leadership, and eventually tries to kill him out of jealousy when he can't steal his family or his power.

*Lori- Psycho hosebag wife to Rick who screws his best friend and goes basketcase on him whenever he does something she does not agree with. The fact that she was not supposed to be hated, yet the masses celebrated her death says soemthing.

*Carl- Everyone insists that he is a dead-eyed serial killer in the making and he gets a lot of hate despite supposably being a "good guy". A pre-pubescent brat of a character who got some flack for not being a great actor (which I think he has improved upon a bit).

*Merle Dixon- Easily the most hateable early character is Daryl's big bro. Tried to redeem himself at the end but was overall a violent redneck ass who was racist and treated women like crap to boot.

I wanted to revisit this . I was just thinking about a WD alternate world where this group of hateable a-holes survived and came together.

Imagine this scenerio. Shane kills Rick and gets psychofamily with Lori and Carl. They somehow stumble into Father Gabriel and then make their way to the Guvs town. The Guv hooks up with Andrea before she is redeemable. Merle is reunited with a now less symapthetic Daryl.

At some point the town falls and that core group of detestable characters hits the road. I wouldn't mind following their exploits.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to revisit this . I was just thinking about a WD alternate world where this group of hateable a-holes survived and came together.

Imagine this scenerio. Shane kills Rick and gets psychofamily with Lori and Carl. They somehow stumble into Father Gabriel and then make their way to the Guvs town. The Guv hooks up with Andrea before she is redeemable. Merle is reunited with a now less symapthetic Daryl.

At some point the town falls and that core group of detestable characters hits the road. I wouldn't mind following their exploits.

But ya gotta have one sympathetic character, one good guy (or gal). Someone that people can root for to trip up the A-holes now and then.

Who would that be?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But ya gotta have one sympathetic character, one good guy (or gal). Someone that people can root for to trip up the A-holes now and then.

Who would that be?

The Governor, his daughter never died so he stayed grounded in reality instead of being an insane person.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think none of Ricks group will die in the finale. Maybe an Alexandria folk or 2 but no one from Rick group

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some walkers will die

And per the finale episode video preview I keep seeing on AMC, it looks like Father Gabriel (wearing a white shirt) is smashing-in the head of a Walker as it lies on its back...at least I believe it's a Walker, it could also be a regular person!

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guise I just don't know where these crazy ideas come from! Sometimes I just post before I think

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was the deal with the red balloon? Has anyone come up with a theory on that yet?

I think it is a symbol of carefree childhood that you could have supposedly inside the walls.

There was an old movie, French I think, called The Red Balloon. It was just a little boy chasing his red balloon all over the city. Nothing could go wrong. It was basically a film with no dialogue but they used to show it in schools, like elementary or it would be on children's TV be fore there were so many cartoons.

But here the red balloon seems to be floating over a pond as Rick stares at it?

Later a boy is shown running with the red balloon.

To me Rick starting at the red balloon he is thinking these people are childishly naive. The days of the red balloon- carefree childhood- are over.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read some forums. Red balloon might symbolize passion or urges. Rick for the chick. And they have a red door at their house.

But others said it is Noah's soul. He wore a red shirt.

And others said the ballon is Rick, hanging on by a thread and then releasing and going nuts.

Btw still seems harsh to me that Michone knocked him out with a rock. He was worked up but not full-blown psychotic. He didn't shoot anybody and want going to. He had a big fight, with a guy who deserved it, he was on a rant but running out of steam.

She could have just asked for the gun or said Lets take a break, Rick.

But I guess its just for drama. Not always logical.

Btw, others mentioned that Rick has become Shane. I suppose kind of obvious.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stayed home tonight and I'm watching the marathon leading up to the season finale. One question...will Morgan finally show up? I think he is the one killing and marking all of the walkers. How will he impact this last episode if he does show up?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stayed home tonight and I'm watching the marathon leading up to the season finale. One question...will Morgan finally show up? I think he is the one killing and marking all of the walkers. How will he impact this last episode if he does show up?
If he is the one marking the walkers then that means that he tied the live girl to the tree and let her get eaten alive and turn. Also that means that he is dismembering the walkers.

If that is the case then he is not only full-blown psycho but he is extreme busy. Lots of marked walkers.

I think it has to be a group and they are marking them for a purpose. Not sure what though.

I guess we will find out very soon!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm watching the marathon as well, and it still drives me crazy how they just ignored Maggie's ignoring Beth's plight until she has the requisite moment of hysteria.

And I have to say, Beth's death scene was really poorly done. A prime example of "writing for shock value". Sloppy, lazy and condescending, imo.

Well, look at that! I got on a soapbox! :nod:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will show certainly or no point of them foreshadowing with him several times.

But what would be the point of him marking, and dismembering people?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I have to say, Beth's death scene was really poorly done. A prime example of "writing for shock value". Sloppy, lazy and condescending, imo.

I liked Beth's death scene. It wasn't built up as a melodramatic moment. Rather, it was a lightening quick, senseless death. One moment you are here...and in the blink of an eye, you are gone... with no real point or meaning to your demise.

Quick and simple and tragic.

It was completely opposite of Tyrese's death which occurred in the very next episode. Two VERY different ways of displaying the death of a group member in back-to-back episodes..

A wonderful contrast.

Brilliant.

Last edited:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Beth's death scene. It wasn't built up as a melodramatic moment. Rather, it was a lightening quick, senseless death. One moment you are here...and in the blink of an eye, you are gone... with no real point or meaning to your demise.

Quick and simple and tragic.

It was completely opposite of Tyrese's death which occurred in the very next episode. Two VERY different ways of displaying the death of a group member in back-to-back episodes..

A wonderful contrast.

Brilliant.

Perhaps I should've said the actions immediately before, leading up to Beth's death scene. The demanding of Noah, Noah inexplicably (and for no logical reason) giving himself up, Beth's mini-scissor attack to a very non-lethal part of the body. To me, it was just sloppy writing.