• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think it is very good anymore. Almost to the point of not watching it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the episode was a bit.... lacking.

First the Governor, then Neegan, now the Whisperers.
They villainize them, then try to humanize them so we can feel empathy for them.
Wash, rinse, spin, repeat.

Just get to the action and show meetings that have tension as I think that's what folks really want.
I could be wrong, though...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They villainize them, then try to humanize them so we can feel empathy for them.

Just get to the action and show meetings that have tension as I think that's what folks really want.

The ripping through zombie guts was too gross for me plus Alpha and Beta are just plain koo-koo.

I'm ready to move onto the next challenge for whoever is left... Carol? Reddus?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far, Neegan and the Governor were far better villians then Alpha has been.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still watching it but it just doesn't feel the same. Looked forward to the ongoing war with Negan and the Governor. This season not so much. The show really misses Rick and they made a mistake killing off Carl for the storyline they created out of it. Would not surprise me to see the show continue to fall in ratings. I also wonder if creating another spinoff show is just going to over saturate the market with zombie shows and just burn out fans faster. Maybe with the comics ending the shows producers no longer are tied to a story like the whisperers and have the freedom to take the show in whatever direction they want. Have to come up with something interesting

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. ^^^ Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The first time, with the Governor, it worked. I do like Alpha, but the washing machine comment is spot on.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still watching it but it just doesn't feel the same. Looked forward to the ongoing war with Negan and the Governor. This season not so much. The show really misses Rick and they made a mistake killing off Carl for the storyline they created out of it. Would not surprise me to see the show continue to fall in ratings. I also wonder if creating another spinoff show is just going to over saturate the market with zombie shows and just burn out fans faster. Maybe with the comics ending the shows producers no longer are tied to a story like the whisperers and have the freedom to take the show in whatever direction they want. Have to come up with something interesting

I think they made a big mistake giving Morgan a "transfer". Dwight as well, for that matter.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they made a big mistake giving Morgan a "transfer". Dwight as well, for that matter.
They neutered Dwight’s story on the main show. The book covered him WAY better (“is he a good guy or a bad guy?” Was drawn out through the entire war). By wussifying him in the show, it really made the whole point of his existence pointless. And while Sherri isn’t a MAJOR character in the books, she really is directly tied to Dwight, so having her leave the Saviors really hurt the Dwight-arc.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. ^^^ Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. The first time, with the Governor, it worked. I do like Alpha, but the washing machine comment is spot on.

The writers could have attacked this from a number of different angles.

If Alpha found Beta in a psych ward, why not have a backstory for Beta where he's a demented serial killer. He's insane, but that makes him perfect to survive in the zombie apocalypse. And if he's a Charles Manson-type, then he wants to build a cult, which becomes the Whisperers. He creates their beliefs and everyone falls in line if they want to survive. The whole Alpha-Beta thing didn't work for me, because Alpha is stronger emotionally, but Beta is clearly a physical threat. I mean, seriously, are the rest of the Whisperers that desperate to stay in the group? If you're just joining them to survive, wouldn't you be looking for the first chance to get out and join a 'normal' civilization??????

Sometimes evil is just evil and doesn't require a back story. It can be much more frightening to allude to past events that then allow the person watching to use their own mind to determine what could/might have happened.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They neutered Dwight’s story on the main show. The book covered him WAY better (“is he a good guy or a bad guy?” Was drawn out through the entire war). By wussifying him in the show, it really made the whole point of his existence pointless. And while Sherri isn’t a MAJOR character in the books, she really is directly tied to Dwight, so having her leave the Saviors really hurt the Dwight-arc.