• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Sophia, this is kind of interesting. I knew her brother played Henry in the 6 years ago timeline but I didn't realize until tonight that their other brother played him in the current timeline until tonight. I think it was mentioned in this thread but I thought whoever said it was mistaking him for the actor that played the younger Henry. Carol's like a second mother to that family.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never read the comics, nor did I read this spoiler before tonight's episode. Curious why some are disappointed with this list. Is it because you liked some of these characters or because 70% of them are pretty much nobodies?
Expectations were kinda high for the pike line up

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The IMAGE of the pikes was better in the books. It looked more like a boarder than just a crucifiction site. But the reveal was almost frame-for-frame from the books (even though most of the victims were different). Flashing from a solo closeup of the pike to the citizens at the fair asking where so-and-so is. Well done.

In the books, though, there were 12 pikes instead of just 10 and there were 2 MAJOR characters involved. While Tara and Enid (neither exist in the books) were opening-credit characters, I never really considered either of them MAJOR.

Of all the pikes, I am most disappointed to see Ozzie up there. I would have liked to see where they were going to go with the Highwaymen.

Overall, though, I think the pikes were done better than the lineup in the show. And the lineup was a more shocking moment in the books.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I am not mistaken, only 3 of the 10 TV pike-characters actually exist in the books (Tammy Rose, Addy and Rodney; though I don’t think Addy or Rodney we’re piked in the books???)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...

(Sorry, kinda stream of consciousness here)...

I like that they didn’t do this in the season finale. The Finale can now be used for reaction to the Pikes.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the next big shock moment? Dwight?

In chrono order...

1) Carl shooting Shane
2) Gov killing Tyrese / Holly killing Judith and Laurie
3) Lineup
4) Pikes
5) Dwight

Do you agree?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I am not mistaken, only 3 of the 10 TV pike-characters actually exist in the books (Tammy Rose, Addy and Rodney; though I don’t think Addy or Rodney we’re piked in the books???)

This would be the point some of us were making; there is almost NO connection between the comic and the show anymore. For the most part, they are two separate entities. Gimple and Co. began this process a long time ago, very slowly.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the point some of us were making; there is almost NO connection between the comic and the show anymore. For the most part, they are two separate entities. Gimple and Co. began this process a long time ago, very slowly.
This officially did it, though. How do you have Lydia without Carl/Henry? Her entire character is now irrevocably changed from the books. And they closing out the entire Kingdom? That is one way to deal with other differences, I assume, but kinda drastic.

Like I mentioned a while back...

The books now NAVIGATE the show rather than DRIVE the show.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of hard to believe but Tara had the 4th longest active run on the show going into tonight's episode. That's obviously without counting Rick, Maggie, and Morgan who are still alive but not currently on this show.
Actually, she was #5...

However, got me to thinking...

1) Daryl
1) Carol
3) Judith
4) Michone
5) Rosita
5) Eugene
7) Gabriel
8) Aaron
9) Ezekiel
9) Jerry
10) Negan

I tried to stick to the major-ish characters. I don’t think I missed anyone, but it is certainly possible.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked Tara's character. Not from the beginning all the way to her end. So was cool with her being piked. Didnt care for henry either actually. He was quite the whiner.
Only one I thought that sucked to get killed was Enid. Thought they could finally bring her into her own (the adult table) but nope. She's toast.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, she was #5...

However, got me to thinking...

1) Daryl
1) Carol
3) Judith
4) Michone
5) Rosita
5) Eugene
7) Gabriel
8) Aaron
9) Ezekiel
9) Jerry
10) Negan

I tried to stick to the major-ish characters. I don’t think I missed anyone, but it is certainly possible.

Right. I guess I forgot about Judith. I guess what I meant was that actress had the 4th longest run of any actor/actress on the show (not counting extras that have played multiple zombies).

I believe Negan was introduced before Jerry and Ezekiel. Negan was season 6 finale. I think those 2 were introduced early in season 7.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daryl leaving Dog seemed kind of random, did it not? There has to be a plot-related reason why that happened because that didn't seem to make much sense.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Henry dying at the hands of her Mom, I bet Lydia plays a large role in the crew taking out the Whispers. Perhaps she even kills her Mom. Either way, she's got to feel pretty guilty for not screaming and getting everyones attention when Alpha was at Kingdom. Might have been able to save Henry.

Hopefully this makes Carols character more interesting again. I forsee a haircut. Right now though, the only characters that I really care much about are Darryl and Negan. I'd care about Maggie too if she was around, no idea what the plan is there - if there is even one. They could kill anyone else off and I don't think I would care much. So the pike scene really didn't have the impact on me, that I think it was supposed to have. Nowhere close to pee-pee pants city IMO.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Henry dying at the hands of her Mom, I bet Lydia plays a large role in the crew taking out the Whispers. Perhaps she even kills her Mom. Either way, she's got to feel pretty guilty for not screaming and getting everyones attention when Alpha was at Kingdom. Might have been able to save Henry.

Hopefully this makes Carols character more interesting again. I forsee a haircut. Right now though, the only characters that I really care much about are Darryl and Negan. I'd care about Maggie too if she was around, no idea what the plan is there - if there is even one. They could kill anyone else off and I don't think I would care much. So the pike scene really didn't have the impact on me, that I think it was supposed to have. Nowhere close to pee-pee pants city IMO.
That was the prob the event had in the books. Glenn was killed 44 issues earlier (about 2 years since they did a 2-week cycle for much of the Savior arc), but the reader was still reeling from that one. Even though there were different, (IMHO) more important characters piked in the books, it never had the same feel as Glenn’s demise..

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not crazy about the storytelling.

One member infiltrated the fair, but how did they grab 10 of them in the span of what, a few hours???
Seems to me like they had the pike scene already written, then just had to find a way to get there.
I don't think Lydia was involved, but I suppose it is possible.

Why introduce the highwaymen only to send them off like this???
Brett Butler could have been a nice side character, but as already mentioned, there was no investment in any of the 10 characters, save for Enid. I think the majority of us wanted Henry dead, in the same way as Carl. Tara had one of the longest runs, but she became more of a background character this past season.

Also, seemed awfully suspicious that they bring back the red haired girl who used to be one of Negan's wives? That maybe helped Eugene??? I hope it's not setting up a 'Judith frees Negan scene' to help them rally against the Whisperers as he ignores years of imprisonment to avenge one of his own.

But, yeah, agree with RangerDude that Carol cutting her hair and going Rambo on the Whisperers is a foregone conclusion.
The Whisperers probably hide in the zombie herd and chaos breaks out.
And just when it seems like there is no escape, Negan to the rescue????
And I don't see JDM staying on the show, so after his redemption, he sacrifices himself to save Judith as the season ends???

Seems like there was so much more potential with the Whisperers storyline...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone else notice the constant comic book drops during TTD this week? They have occasionally had passing nods to the books in the past, but this week had constant references the entire episode (including a pretty major spoiler by the guy who plays Siddiq saying who died on the spikes in the books to Chris flat out putting a spoiler warning on a half segment.