• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question folks. I literally have not watched since the episode a few seasons ago where Gabriel was in the trailer with Negan...

Am I missing anything? Has the show gotten any more compelling? Is it worth trying again and catching up?

I mean I used to be gung ho TWD. Don't know what it was exactly, but I lost interest.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick question folks. I literally have not watched since the episode a few seasons ago where Gabriel was in the trailer with Negan...

Am I missing anything? Has the show gotten any more compelling? Is it worth trying again and catching up?

I mean I used to be gung ho TWD. Don't know what it was exactly, but I lost interest.

If you wanted to see the Negan and the saviors get thoroughly beaten, sure I had to see that personally and it wasn't bad at all

If you want to see the world post-saviors, sure
If you want to see the build up for the whispers which look to be the next nasty group to deal with. sure.

The good news is that you can probably pick and choose your spots.

Like the last 2 episodes from last season. (End of Saviors)

1st 2 episodes this season. (New World)

1st 2 episodes after the mid-season start (whisperers) I think those are worth seeing.

Is it worth it? I can't say for you

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wanted to see the Negan and the saviors get thoroughly beaten, sure I had to see that personally and it wasn't bad at all

If you want to see the world post-saviors, sure
If you want to see the build up for the whispers which look to be the next nasty group to deal with. sure.

The good news is that you can probably pick and choose your spots.

Like the last 2 episodes from last season. (End of Saviors)

1st 2 episodes this season. (New World)

1st 2 episodes after the mid-season start (whisperers) I think those are worth seeing.

Is it worth it? I can't say for you

I think you answered my question... It does seem to be a common theme with most "successful" shows these days to never quite let the "good guys" win and get that cathartic moment. I'm starting to catch on to that formula... Ozark being my personal most recent example of this...

Anyway, you basically are telling me there's a good payoff in TWD, which is probably what I was asking, so I'll try to pick it up again. Just seemed it was beginning to meander and drag on too much and I seriously began to doubt if the show would ever progress...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you answered my question... It does seem to be a common theme with most "successful" shows these days to never quite let the "good guys" win and get that cathartic moment. I'm starting to catch on to that formula... Ozark being my personal most recent example of this...

Anyway, you basically are telling me there's a good payoff in TWD, which is probably what I was asking, so I'll try to pick it up again. Just seemed it was beginning to meander and drag on too much and I seriously began to doubt if the show would ever progress...

The saviors story dragged on for a looooong time. but the ending episodes or two were worth seeing. They were such bastards I really wanted to see them go down.

I like the introduction of the Whispers and a good episode on the Saviors since the recent mid-season start (2 episodes) It could have some potential going forward.

The beginning of the world post-saviors is sort of interesting to see how people have changed (after several years)

But but forr 6 episodes? Not sure. That would be up to you.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch it to the end, bro. If you've been in this long, you have to see how it turns out.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody on youtube in the comment section on a video thought she acts like Shane.
which is why she's the most likeable and has a gun with bullets, which she showed off against Negan like the joker vs. batman with the bike barreling down, but these whisperers are going to be a problem. i get the series stops without a problem, but the most far fetched part about the entire thing to me is that everyone is going to join these weird sects and try and fuck up other living human beings. that said, i still watch...

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I like the way this season is trending. I have to think they'll be some solid action.
I wish that first half season ending/second half season starting scene would have been a whole or at least half episode. That was the most intense scene in a long time and it just ended pretty easily.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously, what did they expect? No one cares about these characters; no one even knows them. I find it laughable that Zeke has been written about as "a beloved Walking Dead character who is leaving the fold". Really? And y'all scoffed when I said the same about Sasha. Shit, at least she paid her dues.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's normal for a show being on for so long.

Unfortunately, it's also normal for a show to absolutely suck and be cancelled after being on for so long. Frank Darabont is spinning in his grave, and he ain't even dead yet.

However, the grave diggers will continue to prosper as long as the milk keeps flowing.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first episode, I know I’m a bigot but Jesus fucking Christ the little girl with the god damn hand cannon is annoying as fuck.