• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jesus will join Maggie where she intends to instigate a war with Rick and crew, Okay!. Rick, who decisions has cost some lives but saved their lives. Make more sense if he joins Rick who wants peace and all that good stuff. Maybe down the line, he will tell what Rick is going on.

I also don't think Negan is done, I can see him "redeeming" himself by helping Rick out in his fight against Hilltop.

Rick is right they need to build a big community to make sure they survive in harmony and grow, while making sure the zombies are no longer a problem for them.

I didn't take that little pow wow between Maggie, Jesus and Daryl as potential war brewing between Maggie and Rick. I think deception and subterfuge will be the direction Maggie goes. And I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't have a gang of true believers. She did a nice job as top dog especially if you consider that it was that spineless lil bitch Gregory she took the gig from.

Far as Jesus goes.....while I agree with your line of thought that Jesus is all about peace. I think he drank the Maggie koolaid and he's become a true believer. If Maggie were Trump, Jesus would be Pence.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of assholes that deserve their careers ended in the #metoo movement, but boy do I really hate seeing anyone ostracized entirely on hearsay of one individual without even the attempt to let both sides have their story heard.

Too easy to get back at people you have a gripe with in this climate.
Even in reading her story, okay, a week in he laid out what he was looking for and wanted...she went along with it. she mentioned he blackballed her from getting jobs, from what i could tell, the only jobs she had in the first place were because of him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good idea with the spoiler tags. This was all over the innerwebz the last couple days. I was going to post it and didn’t even think of using the spoilers, but it is completely appropriate. Glad you beat me to it.

:suds:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I see Zach McGowan in there? I hate that guy...

Lots of comics nods...

We will obviously be getting Magda and her group since they mentioned Yumiko.

They are not using the cell that Morgan built to house Negan. They look to be going more along the lines of the comics with a basement cell instead.

The last scene is at least a tease to the introduction of the Whisperers.

Looks like Trash lady joins up with Seaside.

They will be showing Maggie as the bad-ass mayor, it looks like. Maybe the kid using the staff to beat up the guy will be the replacement for Carl protecting Sophia?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of comics nods...

They are not using the cell that Morgan built to house Negan. They look to be going more along the lines of the comics with a basement cell instead.

They will be showing Maggie as the bad-ass mayor, it looks like. Maybe the kid using the staff to beat up the guy will be the replacement for Carl protecting Sophia?

That was actually a pretty cool and interesting trailer. Are they transitioning to the next generation? Will all the old plot threads be tied? If there is a season 10, who will be in it?

Lol, I'm in until the end. Can't stop now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was actually a pretty cool and interesting trailer. Are they transitioning to the next generation? Will all the old plot threads be tied? If there is a season 10, who will be in it?

Lol, I'm in until the end. Can't stop now.
Me too. As much I always feel unfulfilled after a season, and it doesn’t have any rewatchability anymore, I am a junky who needs his fix.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alpha was cast...

Samantha Morton - IMDb

Also, in an as yet unnamed role, as a series regular...

Brett Butler - IMDb

My guess is that she will play the mother of the “victim” that is killed in the hilltop fight that will replace the Carl/Sophia situation from the comics. Maybe she ends up playing Negans jailer instead?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lots of comics nods...

That was McGowan. He will be playing “Justin” (according to the Walking Dead Wiki). No word how big the role is.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way behind on the comics (actually been trying hard to wait for Compendium 4, which I've found out is tentatively scheduled for release in March 2019...yikes!), so it makes things a bit more challenging to figure out the show.

Right now, my gut says this season will be a "changing of the guard" kinda thing, out with the old, in with the new and all that.

I figure it this way: Major stars are leaving and there really isn't anything the AMC Powers That Be can do about it. So...
introduce new characters, pave the way for a new direction (all the while focusing on Negan-in-the-Cell for season 10, which should be outstanding stuff), and see what happens.

AMC's got nothing to lose at this point, they've made their money; and if a "new direction" hits, they're gonna make out even better with reduced salaries and all that.

Just speculating here; gonna be interesting to see where things go.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way behind on the comics (actually been trying hard to wait for Compendium 4, which I've found out is tentatively scheduled for release in March 2019...yikes!), so it makes things a bit more challenging to figure out the show.

Right now, my gut says this season will be a "changing of the guard" kinda thing, out with the old, in with the new and all that.

I figure it this way: Major stars are leaving and there really isn't anything the AMC Powers That Be can do about it. So...
introduce new characters, pave the way for a new direction (all the while focusing on Negan-in-the-Cell for season 10, which should be outstanding stuff), and see what happens.

AMC's got nothing to lose at this point, they've made their money; and if a "new direction" hits, they're gonna make out even better with reduced salaries and all that.

Just speculating here; gonna be interesting to see where things go.
i think one thing they going to try to do is see if they can convert Negan to a face effectively enough as to have him lead the city-states in Ricks stead. In the books, Negan is a big fan of Ricks ideals and wants to help him. But will that nuance work on the screen?

They still have that pre-breakout footage of Negan that they never used last season. I would expect to see some of that this year.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love nothing more for him to do the first few minutes of the season premiere, then go off on a tangent where he tells AMC to go fuck themselves. Despite being cleared, he will always have a stigma that follows him around everywhere thanks to them suspending him before even investigating.

I disagree. Chris was going to have that stigma regardless. Why? Because that is what dumbasses on social media do. Guilty by any accusation. It sucks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he is back.
Wasnt planning on watching the talking dead shows anymore with his replacement.