• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Two in Five NBA Draft Play-In 3 : Shane vs Milk

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like hearing your opinion because you are the basketball head around here... or at least you got that reputation...

In this draft, I think moreso than most other basketball drafts, you need multiple ways to win because of the draft restrictions. The team with the least amount of holes in it, I view as the team with the advantage. I don't look at just one mismatch and pin point it and say that's a deciding factor.

So for your matchup in the first half you have two elite shooters on the outside. But you don't have any secondary play maker next to Curry and you don't have any interior scoring. But the biggest thing is that you don't have a pick and roll partner for Curry. It's basically like having an all time great running back with a terrible o-line. He's still going to be great and be explosive, but he's not going to be at his peak without it. So basically your first half is just reliant upon your perimeter shooting. Shane has decent perimeter shooting with Dumars to keep the team honest. A slasher in Gervin who can get buckets going to the rim, and Hayes as a low post scorer option. They have more ways to win in that first half.

Second half is closer. Shane has the bigger names, but from a play stand point I think your team matches up decently well. Stockton and McHale in the P&R would be pretty amazing. You have two good wing scorers in Pierce and Dantley, but I might have actually went with Reggie there instead of Pierce. But the second half would be determined by Shane's firepower. Kidd and Gasol there to space the floor. Dr. J as a slasher. Hakeem as the low post scorer. There's just so many more ways to win and have to keep your defense more honest.

Just my 2 cents.